ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Regionally Speaking > USA > Central US

Notices

Old 01-31-2015, 02:38 PM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicago!

Any specific things we MUST do while we're there in a couple of weeks?! I've never been further east than New Mexico, and that was when I was like 10 years old Yay! Jason will be there for work for 2 weeks and baby and I are tagging along.
Fiancée to Jason
Old 01-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Mhm, mhm love me some cooter flavored candy

My Mood: Fine
EmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond repute

Portillo's for Chicago dogs, Italian beef, chocolate cake and chopped salad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2015, 09:32 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Happy
mymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaBelle View Post
Portillo's for Chicago dogs, Italian beef, chocolate cake and chopped salad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't miss the chocolate cake. It's worth every last bite!

Old 01-31-2015, 10:01 PM
I've been here a while and all I have is this lousy title.

My Mood: Sunshine
jlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond reputejlynn12 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live 20 mins or so outside Chicago! I love it. My faves are Navy Pier (there's tons to do, and not all of it costs money). The Sears tower- well, it is the Willis Tower now- has those really cool sky decks where the floor is clear so you can step out and see straight down. The water tower mall is awesome, as is Michigan Avenue to go shopping; even window shopping. Grant Park is right on the lake, and Buckingham fountain is really pretty. You have to go to Garrett's popcorn store and get the Chicago mix- it is DELICIOUS! There's the Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, Field Museum... so much to do! Millenium Park has alot of free events, you could check out what they might have going when you are there. Plus, the giant jelly bean! Have fun, I miss it there!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:58 AM
I can't buy those kind of farts, I am far above that.

My Mood: Inspired
GreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond repute

When are you going? it can be quite cold, and they don't call it the windy city for nothing

I love Chicago, grew up going there every summer for Cubs games or to visit my aunt and uncle.

Our favorite places to eat are Giordanno's pizza and get the deep dish Chicago style, it is sooo good, they are all over, so you can find one close to you.

If Jason is working all day and you need something to do, buy a ticket on the red double decker buses, it's $40 some if you do it online ahead of time, and it is really fascinating, they tell you all about the architecture in the city which it is known for and lots of other great history bits, it is a hop on hop off tour, so you can hop off at Navy Pier, spend some time there, hop back on another bus, it was so fun, we did it a coupe of years ago and I would do it again.

Take the bus up to Lincoln Park zoo,it's free to get in, anytime, and it's a great little zoo.

We like to visit the Ghiradelli Chocolate fountain for dessert , it's close to the Water Tower ( where American girl and the Lego store is)

If you have a membership to your local museum, it might transfer to some of the museums in Chicago, ours does and they have a great Aquarium, a Field sand History museum and an awesome Science and Industry museum.

There is a lot to see and do, just walking the shoreline is beautiful.

We are about 3 hours from Chicago, we take the train in occasionally, the boys love it!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:45 PM
can pee in all kinds of directions

My Mood: Question
txranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what you like to do. I grew up downtown (State and Ohio, Rush and Ontario for the chi-town folks). I would stay away from the tourist traps. The only nice thing on Navy Pier is the Children's Museum and the view. Take a tour with the Chicago Architectural Group - http://www.architecture.org/tours. Also, for really cheap, just jump on the Red line on Grand and State and take the train all the way north to the howard stop. Get off, walk to the other side of the platform and ride it south past Grand to Cermak. Get off. You will be a block away from chinatown. Go for a walk and have lunch or dinner. Train map - http://www.transitchicago.com/assets...ap_2013oct.pdf

While you are in that area, go for a tour in the Glessner house. http://www.glessnerhouse.org/index.html You will be in the prairie historic district. It's only a couple of blocks but the houses are extraordinary. You can call a cab and ask them to drive you down Kind Drive and look at the massive historic homes there. It is the south side - people are scared of that- but the buildings are just extraordinary. Have the cab driver take you back the the cermak station or back to your hotel.

If you like ethic food, head to the ethnic neighborhoods. Greek town (west of downtown on Halsted), Indian town (on Devon Avenue, near loyola, far north side). A mile or so south of Devon on Broadway there is a good ethiopian restaurant, west african food, and pakistani food. But just walking down Devon is an experience all its own.

Go to the museums, Art Institute (near Buckingham fountain), Museum of Modern Art (near water tower, there is also a very nice childrens park a block away), Field Museum of NAtural History, Adler Planetarium. Museum of Science and Industry is on the south side near Hyde Park by the beautiful University of chicago campus. Hyde Park is also very historic. You can take the Metra train there from Randolph and Michigan to Hyde Park. Its a nicer train than the red line - double decker train, the kids would love it. Take the pink line that runs along the lake shore. Get off on 57th and walk over. http://metrarail.com/content/metra/e...ystem_map.html The metra has a schedule, so plan accordingly. The red line runs every couple of minutes. Near the Museum of Science and Industry is the Japanese gardens. Also, very nice.

Oh a trolley tour is nice, too. They run around downtown. You buy tickets and can get on and off to explore. They will take you to the main destinations - art institute, water tower, etc. http://www.coachusa.com/chicagotrolley/ It seems expensive, but you don't want to drive in the area. Parking is horrendous and extremely expensive.

Also, the city pass will save you a lot of money if you are going to museums. http://www.citypass.com/chicago?mv_s...=c&matchtype=e

I was a concierge in a 5 star hotel for 6 years also. I love Chicago and very proud to be from there - if you couldn't tell.
~~~~~~~
2nd paragraph should read King Drive, not Kind Drive. Architectural foundation has a tour there, https://tickets.architecture.org/public/show.asp

Last edited by txranchinmama; 02-02-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-10-2015, 05:48 AM
my nipples grew

raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thanks so much for the detailed suggestions, ladies! Unfortunately, the 2 weeks has been pared down to 4 days We'll get there this upcoming Sunday afternoon and leave Thursday evening. We will definitely squeeze in as much of this stuff as we can. Especially the food
Fiancée to Jason
Old 02-19-2015, 03:32 PM
my nipples grew

We had Portillo's and Giordano's. Yummmm! It's been too cold out to explore the city at all.
Fiancée to Jason
Old 02-19-2015, 06:51 PM
I can't buy those kind of farts, I am far above that.

My Mood: Inspired
GreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry you got there at this time, it is especially cold right now, I can wave at you from across the lake
Old 02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
You sure have a mystery on your hands, err...

My Mood: Balanced
Veganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond repute

It is so cold the schools are closed and i have my kids at home!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 PM
my nipples grew

I still had fun. I got to meet up with two online friends I've had for over 10 years
Fiancée to Jason
Old 02-19-2015, 07:47 PM
I didn't think there were any of your kind out there anymore.

My Mood: Sleepy
Casey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond repute

Where are the pics??
Old 02-19-2015, 08:03 PM
my nipples grew

I don't have any Chicago pics. Didn't even go into the city.
Fiancée to Jason