ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > Middle School (aka The Awkward Times)

Notices

Old 05-26-2014, 11:53 PM
sometimes they REALLY need a good kicking
AKA: Treasures From Elf

My Mood: Banhappy
*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Hints/Ideas/Suggestions?

My eldest son will be going to sixth grade next year and I'll still have four in Elementary.

Any hints/ideas/suggestions to make this a positive experience for all?

The best part is eldest son has Aspergers, ADHD and Adjustment Disorder and hates getting up so early, this means he can sleep in an extra hour!

PM me to find out more about Jamberry Nails!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Workin' for the WEEDEND

My Mood: Scared
majic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond repute

Different school? Meet the teacher early. Tour the school. Email w/ teacher to make sure you're on the same page when it comes to him and any interventions he may need and/or his 504/IEP. Keep his routine consistent. Maybe his own alarm clock since he gets to get up at a different time than the others?

New Year, New Goals!
- To be AMAZING in everything I do and am!
- To clear the extra out of this house! 1557/2014

I need some stuff!
ISO:
Girls size 7/8 dresses
Girls size 8 LS tops
Boys 2t one piece rompers
Small/Medium GIRLY wool
Inexpensive girly fitteds

Old 06-09-2014, 01:36 PM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

I'd maybe touch base with the teacher first. You can get a feel for her personality. Ask her some questions about how she'd handle certain things that may be an issue.
Hopefully it works out! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:04 PM

*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by majic2lee View Post
Different school? Meet the teacher early. Tour the school. Email w/ teacher to make sure you're on the same page when it comes to him and any interventions he may need and/or his 504/IEP. Keep his routine consistent. Maybe his own alarm clock since he gets to get up at a different time than the others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaerRuthryis View Post
I'd maybe touch base with the teacher first. You can get a feel for her personality. Ask her some questions about how she'd handle certain things that may be an issue.
Hopefully it works out! I hope the transition goes smoothly.
Sorry, my kids got out of school at the end of May so it has been crazy around here.

The teachers don't go back until the week before school starts and they haven't decided teachers yet. I'm calling the guidance counselors on the 7th (when they come back from break) and setting up a meeting with them.

I want to have each of the kids go in a minimum of twice to quickly meet the teacher and learn where all the extra classes are (in the case of my K'er)

For T, I was told by someone that they wouldn't allow me to have him meet with the teachers multiple times, etc....

So, I'm going to be sugary sweet and point out that they can either let me do it or prepare for meltdowns because that is what happened the first two weeks after we put him in public school.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:25 AM

Update:

He is doing awesome! He is even doing well getting up at the same time as the other kids and just having some alone time first thing in the morning.

I haven't heard anything from any of his teachers so I'm going on the "If there is no news, it is good news."

Old 08-06-2014, 02:43 AM
All I hAd to do was read the thread title and... Instant kegels.

My Mood: In Love
Jae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 PM

He had a bad day yesterday because I forgot to put my Calming Blend Essential Oils on him