ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

My Mood: Amazed
holly6737 is infamous around these partsholly6737 is infamous around these partsholly6737 is infamous around these parts

Great compilation of links! Thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
yay for sore boobs!

My Mood: Chatty
symphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond repute

The Graco Turbo booster(backless version and high back version) and Graco Nautilus(for when the seat is converted to a low back booster) come with adjusters that adjust the position of the seatbelt on the shoulder. Most parents just don't bother to ever use them.

I apologize in advance for any grammar errors, stupid Ipod!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
CALM YOUR TITS!

My Mood: Happy
Katiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie&Jake'sMom View Post
Or adults. I'm 5 feet and I still have issue with my seatbelts all of the time.
Dude, I'm 5'7" and I have problems with MY seatbelt hitting me in the right place. But that's probably because my giant boobs don't allow the belt to lay correctly
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't want to smell what comes out of my ass

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3sons View Post
Yep. As long as she is below the weight max, there is 1" of shell above her head, and the straps are at or below her shoulders she can still rear face.
Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure. She still meets the requirements for the others but wanted to make sure her straps were right
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/Intern. Working on my license
Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm the queen of inappropriate.

My Mood: Goofy
pantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond reputepantufla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudDomesticEngineer View Post
seatbelts really just aren't designed for children.
Seat belts are designed for the "average" adult male. My brother is 6'4" and the seat belt doesn't fit him right, either.
DS#1 -- Jan. 2005
DS#2 -- Feb. 2007
DD -- Dec. 2008

Katara -- carriers as unique as your baby.
Katara Baby on Etsy
Coming soon to Riot Cart!

DS feedback screenshot
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

My Mood: Amazed
holly6737 is infamous around these partsholly6737 is infamous around these partsholly6737 is infamous around these parts

If I ever get in a crash, I'll probably be decapitated. I'm 5'4 and even though we have a sliding seat belt adjuster on the side, it still always slides up around my neck.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Where's that title fairy?
AKA: Rmewife

My Mood: Angelic
*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute*~*Amanda*~* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear View Post
Dude, I'm 5'7" and I have problems with MY seatbelt hitting me in the right place. But that's probably because my giant boobs don't allow the belt to lay correctly
I want giant boobs.

oh, carry on...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Winner of an award for frequent trips to lurkerville!

My Mood: Mellow
Pony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for compiling the awesome collection of links!
Can I steal it to post on my local mom's group message board?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

Woot. Great thread.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:26 PM
If she ever tells you to google things you guys...don't do it!

My Mood: Devilish
Snangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond reputeSnangel has a reputation beyond repute

I also just want to thank you for this thread. It wasn't until I stumbled upon a thread at ds that I learned about erf. I had no clue. I am so thankful that someone took the time to teach me. And so are my kids.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Where's that title fairy?

Barefootmystic is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyway to e-mail the OP without linking it to here? I'd love to forward on the links to someone but I'm not comfy with inviting them here.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Spaced
~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold

Awesome post, I didnt go through and check out every link but Im not sure if these were posted

This is a high backed booster with headwings
http://www.oeamtc.at/netautor/html_s...ordliftpro.mpg

This is one without the head wings
http://www.oeamtc.at/netautor/html_s...revolution.mpg

I dont have a backless right on hand, but you can imagine the difference is even more pronounced. A backless is mainly good for when there is a space between when a highbacked booster is outgrown and they still dont pass the 5 step seatbelt test!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Spaced
~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold~Natural Mama~ is a splendid one to behold

yep they were posted way up in the OP I just now got done loading every link haha
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snangel View Post
I also just want to thank you for this thread. It wasn't until I stumbled upon a thread at ds that I learned about erf. I had no clue. I am so thankful that someone took the time to teach me. And so are my kids.
Me too! I quickly became obsessed. Now I'm a tech... I've come a long way from that whackjob that had her 18lb 18mo FF'ing in a combo seat that harnessed from 22-40lbs.

In my defense... I was clueless. I wanted to keep RF'ing but I couldn't figure out how to get my FF'ing only seat installed RF'ing in my car.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Balanced
strollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond reputestrollerfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by symphony of pixels View Post
The Graco Turbo booster(backless version and high back version) and Graco Nautilus(for when the seat is converted to a low back booster) come with adjusters that adjust the position of the seatbelt on the shoulder. Most parents just don't bother to ever use them.
All backless boosters have them...it's a requirement that they come with one...but like you said, most parents either don't know what it's for, or don't care.

You can see it sitting on my DS#1's right shoulder in this picture.

Going for a ride in a 1913 Model T @ Greenfield Village...no carseats (gasp!), no seatbelts (gasp!), and a baby on my lap (ZOMG!!!).