ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Inactive Member

Location: I live in Southern Illinois which I feel should be considered a separate state from Northern Illinoi
My Mood: Amused
qsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond reputeqsefthuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamoon View Post
We are in Ga and here its 12 and up can be in the front. So 100 pounds is the consensus?
~~~~~~~

I dont even weigh that, lol
Better sit in the back seat.

The 5' 100lbs thing is funny. I have a sister who isn't 5' tall. Although I am pretty sure she weighs in at 100+lbs but not entirely sure on that. She is a kindy teacher.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle_Emme View Post
Car seat laws don't make sense. Honestly, they don't conform to recommendations and should be stricter.
~~~~~~~
Fwiw, seats are designed at 145cm for the belt, however most adults under 5'2 still have issues with the belt fitting properly.
I once got a ticket for wearing a lab belt but not the shoulder belt despite the belt crossing over my neck. I guess it is better to get a broken neck than to be without the belt.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 08-21-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 08-23-2014, 11:11 AM
CoOp Hostess
You have got to admit there aren't many things
that are better then penii and balls.

My Mood: Relaxed
WildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8secondo View Post
The CA law is 8 years old or 4ft 9in tall to ride in the front seat, the same as requirements to legally ride without a booster seat. But they stress on the website that it's still safer to be in the backseat until age 12, it's just not the actual law.

My older DS (9) has ridden in the front seat of DH's and my dad's trucks a few times with a booster since he is still on the short side for the belt. The airbags either automatically switch off or there is a switch. But these were large full size pick-up trucks, and I felt comfortable with their driving and safety. I wouldn't allow it in a smaller vehicle or with other drivers.
My sister and I always joke about our CA laws. She is 31, but only 4' 8" tall. While she may be legal, it's not the safest place for her.

Saying that all seatbelts are designed to the same standards or a specific height feels ridiculous to me. DD is 11 and 5' 1". She fits into the back seat of our sedan beautifully (using the 5 check points). However, she still uses a booster in our SUV.

In addition, people are built differently. 2 people might be the same overall height, but one might be long-waisted, and the other might be all legs. The long-waisted person might fit fine, but the leggy person might not sit high enough to have the shoulder strap fit correctly.

My children stopped asking these things a long time ago. DD knows how she is supposed to fit in a car. DS is learning.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 PM
I love penises and nothing but penises
AKA: T&E's Mama

My Mood: Fine
Brandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond repute

All seat belts are designed to fit an adult, but not all seats are the same. Some have a short length, some have a long length. Others are higher off the ground, etc. DS can actually 5-step in the 3rd row of our Tahoe (although he still rides in a booster back there), but not in the captain chairs in the center, or in the back seat of my Cruze.
what my heart sounds like from the inside.
Tommy (04/06) Emma (01/10) & Brenna (03/15)
Old 08-24-2014, 02:57 AM
would be listed under "adult" section.

My Mood: Woot
GypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyMama2MEA has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this was posted but this may help. http://www.cdc.gov/features/passengersafety/

"If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?" - Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

DS FB screenshot
Save
Old 08-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post

I once got a ticket for wearing a lab belt but not the shoulder belt despite the belt crossing over my neck. I guess it is better to get a broken neck than to be without the belt.
Its actually more likely that you'd suffer a lower spinal injury and/or head injury wearing a lap belt only than a spinal injury from a shoulder belt.

But... there are products out there that can help position the shoulder belt properly.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:47 PM
makes me think Vagazzel! in the Shamwow guy voice
AKA: Rannensmom

My Mood: Sad
BeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Its actually more likely that you'd suffer a lower spinal injury and/or head injury wearing a lap belt only than a spinal injury from a shoulder belt.

But... there are products out there that can help position the shoulder belt properly.
Do you have a link? I know i could use one!

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Fine
Dillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post

Totally agree. In fact, the belt being too close to your neck is a comfort thing. Totally acceptable fit and much less likely to be injured with the belt close to your neck than with the belt behind you.

Here's a video of a kid with just a lap belt, which is the same as putting the seatbelt behind you.

http://youtu.be/NTvadCM6IKk