ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 05:03 PM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

Most seat manufacturers say to replace. I *think* Britax sets certain limitations on theirs now, so not "always". When DH was in hit last year, her insurance company (State Farm) did replace Hannah's seat (it was the only one in the car). She was not in it or anything, but the standard is to replace it, period.

Good luck!

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 AM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Fine
Dillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to getting the seats replaced, any seatbelts that were in use should also be looked at and replaced as well.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:22 PM
I need a blow job

My Mood: Happy
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

Small update: the farking insurance company won't cover DD's seat. It's their "policy" to only replace the seat on the side of the car that was hit. DH didn't push the issue I guess, but we're replacing DD's seat either way. It just pisses me off, and I really don't think DH tried very hard, but oh well.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 PM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
Small update: the farking insurance company won't cover DD's seat. It's their "policy" to only replace the seat on the side of the car that was hit. DH didn't push the issue I guess, but we're replacing DD's seat either way. It just pisses me off, and I really don't think DH tried very hard, but oh well.
Your insurance, or the other driver's? I would call them back with the replacement recommendation from your car seat manufacturer, and ask them if they can certify to you that it is safe and would protect her adequately in a subsequent accident.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
I need a blow job

mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

The other driver's insurance won't cover it. That's a great idea, we'll try that.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
The other driver's insurance won't cover it. That's a great idea, we'll try that.
Why in heaven's name not? If they are at fault for the accident, they should be replacing the seats!

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 03-11-2014, 09:29 PM
I need a blow job

I agree! They just apparently have a "policy" that they won't replace it if it isn't on the side that got hit.
~~~~~~~
I downloaded the PDF manual and will try sending them a copy of it and tell them to read the page where it says "DO NOT use this restraint if it has been involved in a
crash. It must be replaced."

Last edited by mandy_moo; 03-11-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, don't let that drop. They are legally obligated to do so. Stupid insurance companies.

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM
AKA: jemjamcustoms

My Mood: In Love
TheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond reputeTheFabFour has a reputation beyond repute

Must be replaced ~ my insurance paid for mine and said they would go after the other guy's insurance.....that way I wouldn't have to wait.

I bought mine out of pocket and then sent in the receipts.
A friend of min just took a screen shot of her new seats in the shopping cart and her insurance over-nighted her a check ~ she was ordering Radians and should could only get them online.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:31 PM

My Mood: Fine
Dillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond reputeDillipop has a reputation beyond repute

If the other guy is at fault, then the insurance company needs to bring you back to where you were before the accident. You had a seat that was 100% safe and now you have a seat that the manufacturer says may not be 100% safe and needs to be replaced. Read them the part of the manual that says to replace and offer to send them a copy. If they won't replace using the manual, contact the car seat company and ask it a letter stating the seat needs to be replaced after any accident, even if unoccupied.

Also, make sure you have any seatbelts in use at the time if the accident inspected and replaced. If they stretched during this accident, they won't work right in another one.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:16 PM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

Did the other person's insurance company end up covering a replacement car seat for your daughter?
Fiancée to Jason
Old 09-13-2014, 10:46 PM
I need a blow job

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop_333 View Post
Did the other person's insurance company end up covering a replacement car seat for your daughter?
I have only *just* seen this, Jenna. No, they didn't. They continued to insist that they would strictly follow NHTSA's guidelines, which state:

Quote:
Minor crashes are those that meet ALL of the following criteria:

The vehicle was able to be driven away from the crash site;

The vehicle door nearest the safety seat was undamaged;

There were no injuries to any of the vehicle occupants;

The air bags (if present) did not deploy; AND

There is no visible damage to the safety seat

So under these guidelines, DS's seat needed to be replaced, but DD's did not (the door on DS's side was damaged). Therefore, they paid for his, but refused to pay for hers. I wasn't going to take my chances, so we ate the cost of her seat ourselves.
~~~~~~~
Oh, and we really pushed the issue, too. There wasn't anything more we could've done, besides taking them to court, which would be ridiculous.

Last edited by mandy_moo; 09-13-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 09-17-2014, 03:26 AM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Pathetic
Fiancée to Jason
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM
I need a blow job

Yeah, it is. I took Andrea's advice and asked them if they were willing to take that kind of gamble with my child's life, and they just gave the same response that they were following the NHTSA's guidelines.