ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Just bizarre and so annoying.
AKA: djg903

Jenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ford F150 top tether help (FF seat)

DH has a Ford F150. I believe it is a 2007? Possibly a 2008. It is a 4 door, extended cab- short bed. I haven't been able to use the tether because I don't understand how the thing works! I got the manual out on the truck, and I still don't get it. The tether "piece" on the truck, is a loop of fabric at the top of the backseat. If I read it right, the manual says you are supposed to tether it through the loop NEXT to the place you want it in the truck- For example, if I want the seat installed on the passenger side, i am supposed to run the tether through the middle spot I don't get it and it is really frusterating me. We don't go out often in DH's truck, but when we do, i always have the thought of the "extra protection" NOT being there (we obviously use just the seat belt).

I did try to tether it to the spot right where the seat is, but don't think that is right because it doesn't pull tight. There is still so much slack at the top.

I went and googled and immediately saw that I have the right idea.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=37213

just want someone that has this truck to chime in Can I really tighten the tether enough, from the spot next to the seat?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Jenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I took some pics. This is a rock-solid install too

Here is one anchor. Never in my life have I seen fabric strap tether anchors until dh bought this truck.

Here is the seat, installed in the middle, with the tether anchor to the passenger side at the top. You can see how tight the install is by looking at how pressed the base is on the seat. (this isn't too tight, right? It moves less than 1/4 inch side to side)

Here is the top tether connected to the strap

Old 09-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Mellow
selinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond repute

What you need to do is feed the tether strap through the loop that is directly behind the seat, don't clip on to it though. Then after feeding through that loop you will anchor/clip on to the loop behind the adjacent seating position. So your tether strap will be going back and then over.
Does that make sense?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selinajean View Post
What you need to do is feed the tether strap through the loop that is directly behind the seat, don't clip on to it though. Then after feeding through that loop you will anchor/clip on to the loop behind the adjacent seating position. So your tether strap will be going back and then over.
Does that make sense?
Yes, that is what I did. Sorry the pictures weren't more clear. I didn't think to take pics until after it was done, and seat was so tight I couldn't get a pic of the tether strap directly behind the seat.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Mellow
selinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond reputeselinajean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenandfam View Post
Yes, that is what I did. Sorry the pictures weren't more clear. I didn't think to take pics until after it was done, and seat was so tight I couldn't get a pic of the tether strap directly behind the seat.
You have it correctly routed then.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:46 PM
sowing farts
AKA: lostinalaska

My Mood: Inpain
Spring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond reputeSpring has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selinajean View Post
You have it correctly routed then.
Yep! What she said. I refuse to uninstall the seats in our truck unless completely necessary, because I hate dealing with those stupid tether anchors!

Having a bad day? Hold your hand over your heart; Feel that? That beating? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason. ~ Unknown

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring View Post
Yep! What she said. I refuse to uninstall the seats in our truck unless completely necessary, because I hate dealing with those stupid tether anchors!
Me too! This is why when I go somewhere with a friend, I tend to want to drive, this way I don't have to deal with installing then uninstalling the seat.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 AM
Inactive Member

Pixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond reputePixels has a reputation beyond repute

You have it right. Those fabric loops and that routing method is common in pickup trucks. Because there is so little space between the seat and the glass, there wouldn't be room to tighten the tether strap if the anchor point was directly behind.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:13 AM
Please, don't kick the babies.

oldhamom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 Ff car seats!

What do info about the tethers if there are 2 car seats FF needing the tether. 2 y/o and 4 y/o. I read somewhere it is safe for two to be hooked to one? Is this so? They're is one child on each side of the truck.