ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 05:28 AM
CoOp Hostess
You have got to admit there aren't many things
that are better then penii and balls.

My Mood: Relaxed
WildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Right? or Not?

I know that car seat fitting is most difficult for 1) new first-time parents and 2)newborns, but would you say something is wrong with this fitting?

The chest clip looks low to me, and the buckle and straps at the hips look very high. Am I wrong? I would be happy to hear that I am.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10906018_10202618138088596_8883002859584453409_n.jpg (17.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-08-2015, 05:29 AM
CoOp Hostess

WildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond repute

Shoulder straps look like they should go in a lower slot, too.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 AM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

The shoulder straps need to be taken down at least 1 slot. They should come below the shoulders for rear facing.
The straps at the hips looks too high to me but I don't know much about how to fix that LOL I'm definitely no expert.

― Erin Hanson

Old 01-08-2015, 06:43 AM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

Note: Not a CPST, just a mom who has buckled lots of babies into lots of seats.

It *looks* like the straps are twisted between the hips and the seat, making them lie higher than they would without the twist.
Shoulder straps should be in a slot *below* the babies shoulders for rear facing.
The chest clip is probably a smidge low, but not too much.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 01-08-2015, 01:25 PM
I love penises and nothing but penises
AKA: T&E's Mama

My Mood: Fine
Brandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond repute

What seat is this if you don't mind me asking? The shoulder straps actually look much too high. They need to be at or below the shoulders.

Did the head pillows come WITH the seat? They do not look familiar, so I'm wondering if they are aftermarket. If they were purchased separately from the seat, then they need to be removed. Aftermarket products are a big no no.
what my heart sounds like from the inside.
Tommy (04/06) Emma (01/10) & Brenna (03/15)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Where's that title fairy?

Seun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond reputeSeun has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me, I'd move the crotch buckle back a slot, assuming the straps are not just twisted. That would bring the buckle down.

I'd also put the chest clip a bit higher and move the straps down a slot.

I'm no expert, but that's what I feel needs to be done

Seun Designs Inc. is closed. Clearance Diaper Covers!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Happy
mymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond reputemymarvins has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seun View Post
If it were me, I'd move the crotch buckle back a slot, assuming the straps are not just twisted. That would bring the buckle down.

I'd also put the chest clip a bit higher and move the straps down a slot.

I'm no expert, but that's what I feel needs to be done
Yes, this.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing wrong or unsafe about the hip portion of the harness being high. It generally falls higher on a newborn.

Ditto everyone else though. Harness straps are much too high and the after market head rest needs to come out.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM
CoOp Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
What seat is this if you don't mind me asking? The shoulder straps actually look much too high. They need to be at or below the shoulders.

Did the head pillows come WITH the seat? They do not look familiar, so I'm wondering if they are aftermarket. If they were purchased separately from the seat, then they need to be removed. Aftermarket products are a big no no.
I don't know which seat it is. I am sure that the head support is aftermarket.

Who has a favorite website to share with new moms? Preferably, one that addresses the aftermarket pillow thing, too. I know that they won't believe me without some back-up.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
I love penises and nothing but penises
AKA: T&E's Mama

My Mood: Fine
Brandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond repute

Aftermarket- I'm mobile and sometimes links arent clickable when I post from my phone, so you may have to copy/paste.

http://csftl.org/aftermarket-products/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2015, 06:29 PM
CoOp Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Aftermarket- I'm mobile and sometimes links arent clickable when I post from my phone, so you may have to copy/paste.

http://csftl.org/aftermarket-products/
Posted via Mobile Device
TY!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

The seat is a Graco SnugRide Click Connect which should have come with an infant insert. If the insert is perhaps missing, she can get a new one through Graco.

This is what the inserts look like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carseat.jpg (84.1 KB, 8 views)

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:06 PM
I could hold an entire Staples store under my boobs.

romanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the same baby from the Santa thread?
Twitter & Pinterest & Tumblr
Love beautiful nails but hate salon prices? Try Jamberry Nail Wraps! Contact me for a sample! http://clwilkinson.jamberry.com
Old 01-09-2015, 03:48 AM
CoOp Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanlili View Post
Is this the same baby from the Santa thread?
Good eye! Yep. Her name is Evelinn.