ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh the decisions...Fresh Beaver, Wild Beaver, or Vintage Beaver?

My Mood: Breezy
kesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond repute

Those are my issues with those seats too. As well as I think the comfortsport still has a 30#rf limit or did they finally raise that? I found both of those seats harder to install in most vehicles and require a pool noodle for RF. At that price range there are much better options.
~~~~~~~
For the record I also outlined those issues about the AOE in my FB post

Last edited by kesmeya; 02-22-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM
what the labradoodle?
AKA: GirlsPlayWoW2

Jenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond repute

I dislike the "it is the only seat I will ever need!! People, there are NO 3-in-one or All-in-One seats that will do that job. Some of them make crappy seats all around, like the AOE, and some are great at some things but not at others. Like the Diono R100/120 and RXT. They will NOT work as boosters for most kids. Some kids will use the booster feature on the R100 or R120, but they'll need another booster after that and the seats with headwings (RXT and GXT) outgrown on the booster feature when the harness is outgrown. It is still a great ERF seat and good when you need a narrow seat. It will just not be the only one you ever buy.

The Graco Smart seat is EXTREMELY expensive and outgrown very quickly, especially for the price. It is almost on par with the Britax convertibles, a little shorter though, and an average child will easily outgrow it quickly in all three functions. Not great for such a pricy seat.

But there are awesome convertibles out there that will RF a kid to 3-4 easy and then will harness for a couple years for not that much money (the Guide 65 is one that will RF to around 3 at just $80 but it is for taller 6mo/average 9mo+) and you can get an inexpensive combination seat or a booster after that if your kid is booster ready. This is an average kid, though. Not any Monsters like Anastasia's kids. They're tall. Like really tall.
~~~~~~~
The Kids Embrace seats freak me out. They just do. The Dora and Spongebob aren't as tall as the Batman and racer-guy. The Batman is actually on par with the Nauti and I want it... because BATMAN.

Dora makes me flip out and get twitchy.
~~~~~~~
When I say "tall" I mean in the harness. They changed a little in their seats. They still make pretty decent boosters, maybe not the tallest ones, but they offer a good belt fit for the kids who would be using them.

Last edited by Jenga; 02-22-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-22-2013, 07:36 PM

kesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond repute

You know my kids are freakishly big(well some of them) and that may be why I get a little pushy on how long a seat would last. MY children would be unsafe if I didn't have some seats that went to the top limits. My current 4 year old could have been in a HBB at 18 months if I was just waiting for him to turn 30#.

Fun fact DD is 6, 44.2", 49-50#, DS1 is 4, 43.4", 50#(maybe 51 now). He is on a higher harness setting on the nautilus, the very lasts setting at that, than she is and they are exactly 21 months apart. EVER child is very different.

And by unsafe I mean it, DS1 has a sensory processing disorder and if I had to put him in a booster he would not use it properly. I though DD could use a booster properly and there is one now in DH's car but she has proven that on long trips she can not be trusted so it is only for 5 min rides down the street to school.
~~~~~~~
It's not just you Laurel, the Dora seat freaks me out too!

Last edited by kesmeya; 02-22-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 PM
what the labradoodle?

Jenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond reputeJenga has a reputation beyond repute

My son is 45in tall (at one place and 44 at another) and he is on the second to last adjustment on his Frontier. He has about a half inch before his shoulders at the straps. When we move it up, he'll be golden. He's recently become squirrly in the car and he's under the weight limit for boostering in that seat so no booster for him yet.

Carly's boy is like... the opposite of your kids, Anastasia

Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
My son is 45in tall (at one place and 44 at another) and he is on the second to last adjustment on his Frontier. He has about a half inch before his shoulders at the straps. When we move it up, he'll be golden. He's recently become squirrly in the car and he's under the weight limit for boostering in that seat so no booster for him yet.

Carly's boy is like... the opposite of your kids, Anastasia
^Truer words have never been typed.

He's one of those RARE kids that would have been fine in a Comfort Sport. I'm fairly certain he could still RF in one and he'll be 8 in a few months. In other words, the CS is sort of a niche seat... for those of us with a broken pituitary gland! I still bought a True Fit and a Radian anyway though.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 PM
would talk about penises too
AKA: zosiasmama

My Mood: Bookworm
Danni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!! That was exactly what I was thinking!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
what the labradoodle?

I like the Bubble Bum and the boy wants it SO badly. HAHANO. Not until he's like 7 or 8, but it is so cool, only 13in across and has lap belt and shoulder belt guides. It is inflatable and passed the tests flat as well. I like. I like pretty shiny toys that work well.

It's almost a niche or traveling seat, but still a good option for everyday use in small spaces.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM

If we ever end up in a situation where I need to haul other older children around or carpool then we will probably get one.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM

Just wanted to add... We may have listed a lot of seats we liked here but new stuff is always coming out and like we all said, recommendations can change for a lot of reasons and I don't think anyone minds if you post asking for specific help.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM
what the labradoodle?

I never mind. I sleep with the LATCH manual on my nightstand sometimes. Wish I could say I was kidding/