ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Thrifty is my middle name!

Notices

Old 07-18-2015, 04:09 PM
she's a lizardperson

My Mood: Bookworm
Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free/cheap Amazon stuff for reviews

I got bored & curious about all those "I received a discount/free product in exchange for an honest review" reviews on Amazon. Turns out it can be a legit thing. https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/ is free to sign up on, you just have to link them your Amazon profile. You then get a bunch of slots to request products in. I started with 20. I've seen people in the 60s after making some reviews. After you request a product if approved the seller will upate your Amz account with a promotional code. Within an hour I had a code to get a set of lipsticks for $9 instead of $14 (this exact brand, exact set is on sale at Sephora for $15), and a selfie stick for $1. A lot of stuff is free as well. You can use multiple promotional codes on an Amazon order- I ordered both the stick and the lipsticks in the same order and added two codes. I was also able to use the "no rush shipping for $1 credit" option. Once you get the product, you follow the link in Amz and leave a review. That will then open that spot back up to request something else. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of options. Some promotional codes expire within 24 hours, some 30 days, I've seen one that expires in 2016.

Also want to point out this is not a referral link. I don't think that's even something they offer. I just stumbled on it when looking around, and it seems completely legit and a way to get great sales on stuff. You don't ever give this site your credit card # or anything. It just links your amazon profile so they can verify when you leave reviews.

Here's a partial page of my current requests/reviews in progress. Haven't received anything yet since I just started. May have a lot of fun at Disney being the dork with a selfie stick though, and can't beat $1 to actually try getting some photos of the kids with me in them. I would love to get chose to try that bluetooth projector keyboard, looks super neat and always wondered if they work.

The one thing i don't know, is what happens if you try to return an item. Amz review seems to be a middleman site, and it's Amazon for shopping so you know you're covered. It might make the seller less incline to approve you if you request other items from them. Not sure.

Some examples of what you can request. I still have not made it through all the pages. There's a ton of stuff that is probably crap and also some kind of cool looking stuff.

Some pages of free items available

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 07-18-2015, 04:17 PM
clicking around unprotected!

My Mood: Buzzed
kukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond reputekukukachoo has a reputation beyond repute

oooh- im gonna try it! (got news for you though- disney has banned selfie sticks!) http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sel...rks-2015-06-30

hey!!! i'm tiffany- a grateful mommy to miss thang (03/05)& lil' man (12/08).
sharing my life, my love & my issues with mr. right since 1995

Old 07-18-2015, 04:24 PM
she's a lizardperson

Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukukachoo View Post
oooh- im gonna try it! (got news for you though- disney has banned selfie sticks!) http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sel...rks-2015-06-30
Haha, too funny! Guess we will make due with cast members and photopass, which is super convienent but unless you have a ton of pictures to justify an expensive CD its like $15/download.

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 07-18-2015, 04:54 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you did that and saved me the time HAHA I was reading reviews for crochet hooks the other day and kept seeing people say that and was going to google but forgot.

And hahaha I love my selfie stick! But yea all Disney parks have banned them.

― Erin Hanson

Old 07-18-2015, 05:16 PM
she's a lizardperson

There is a LOT of beauty stuff. Buxom, Philosophy, Christian Dior, Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals, Smashbox foundation (it's .5 oz, so half size, for $8- full 1oz size is $42 at Sephora)- I'm curious to get some of this and check the expiration dates.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:23 AM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

So if approved, they give you a discount code?

Thanks, this is totally up my alley! I literally spent the better part of the day, yesterday, doing reviews for things I actually bought on my own. I use the feedback system there a lot!

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(
Old 07-19-2015, 02:19 AM
300 Posts and nothing funny?

debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, you do have to count up the retail cost (not the sale cost that most items sell for but the supposed original retail value) on your taxes on income. For instance, if you receive item X for free, an item that normally sells for $9.99 but is listed as having a retail value of $39.99, you have to put down earnings of $39.99 on your taxes for the $9.99 item you received for free. Just keep that in mind .
Old 07-19-2015, 05:35 PM

yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Unfortunately, you do have to count up the retail cost (not the sale cost that most items sell for but the supposed original retail value) on your taxes on income. For instance, if you receive item X for free, an item that normally sells for $9.99 but is listed as having a retail value of $39.99, you have to put down earnings of $39.99 on your taxes for the $9.99 item you received for free. Just keep that in mind .
Now that doesn't seem quite right. I get what you're saying about paying taxes for what you received, and I actually filed taxes on eBay sales for many years... but like today, I got approved for a peeler that sells on Amazon for $9.99, but the code took it down to $2. I received a $7.99 discount for the consideration of the review, therefor I only "made" $7.99, not whatever they claim the "retail value" is minus $2. Retail values on Amazon are well known to be inflated and irrelevant, as a quick check with other online retailers will quickly reveal. Should it not be what you actually take off of the price via the code?

Gigi, how long do you keep the pending ones around before you cancel them? If you have a bunch pending for a day or two, do you cancel and move on or wait?

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(
Old 07-19-2015, 07:58 PM

debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswehave8 View Post
Now that doesn't seem quite right. I get what you're saying about paying taxes for what you received, and I actually filed taxes on eBay sales for many years... but like today, I got approved for a peeler that sells on Amazon for $9.99, but the code took it down to $2. I received a $7.99 discount for the consideration of the review, therefor I only "made" $7.99, not whatever they claim the "retail value" is minus $2. Retail values on Amazon are well known to be inflated and irrelevant, as a quick check with other online retailers will quickly reveal. Should it not be what you actually take off of the price via the code?

Gigi, how long do you keep the pending ones around before you cancel them? If you have a bunch pending for a day or two, do you cancel and move on or wait?
From what I understand, what I said only applies to the free items.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenRainbow View Post
I haven't been approved for anything yet. lol

I'm told that it takes a couple of business days to be approved or rejected with this site.

Seeing that there were so many $1-2 items that I actually wanted, I put in a spade of requests. I simply don't know how much it matters whether you have requested one item or a dozen. The individual seller decides, not the site. But perhaps the seller has access to your full list of requests. ???

Last edited by debcita429; 07-19-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-19-2015, 05:14 AM
she's a lizardperson

Sure. Like eBay

Old 07-19-2015, 06:04 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been approved for anything yet. lol

― Erin Hanson

Old 07-19-2015, 09:27 PM

I just bought my second item at a discount. I don't know if it helps or not, but I'm a very frequent Amazon buyer, & I participate in the feedback system frequently.
~~~~~~~
I see what you're saying with the free items, but I think it should still only be the value that the coupon code takes off.

Last edited by yeswehave8; 07-19-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-20-2015, 12:44 AM

I just got my first discount. It wasn't one of the items I most wanted (indeed, I was toying with removing it from the list), but yay for a start! I super-duper have my fingers crossed on a few of them. I'm hoping the natural products people will see from my current amazon reviews that I know my way around oils and such.

Gigi, I'm glad for the inspiration. Someone had just mentioned the site to me this week, but I hadn't had a chance to look yet, having been distracted by applying to be a reviewer for etekcity (and getting turned down). Your reminder was timely.
~~~~~~~
Also, unlike etekcity, since you pay something for most of these, you avoid the tax issue. I had thought it would be all freebies with the complicated strings attached. So I'm happier than I thought I would be with the site.

Last edited by debcita429; 07-20-2015 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-20-2015, 02:24 AM
she's a lizardperson

I was toying with wait times today actually. I've been approved for 4 since Thursday and have 13 pending. One said all vouchers claimed so I removed it. I'm thinking a week max and then I'm moving on and trying something else.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:29 AM
she's a lizardperson

Interesting https://www.reddit.com/r/ProductTest...pproval_times/