ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Safety Section

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

My Mood: Angry
LadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLiz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links, OP!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Amused
Maddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond repute

anyone is welcome to take links from me...as I said, these came from another girl that I am friends with on another site and Facebook

SCREEN SHOT OF DS FEEDBACK...ASK ME ABOUT MY 1 NEGATIVE

Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 AM

lawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links. Some of the information is chilling. I also ran into a site that shows pics of older children in seats and I showed my daughter. She now knows that she is not alone and that I'm not the only evil mom in America.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM

Maddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond reputeMaddie&Jake'sMom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
Thanks for the links. Some of the information is chilling. I also ran into a site that shows pics of older children in seats and I showed my daughter. She now knows that she is not alone and that I'm not the only evil mom in America.

SCREEN SHOT OF DS FEEDBACK...ASK ME ABOUT MY 1 NEGATIVE

Old 06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

as far as an airplane goes, I couldn't even fit the seat into the airplane. We took a Marathon on the plane when ethan was 18 months. The seat itself touched the seat in front of us and his knees were in his face. It didn't work out at all. so the idea of a carseat on a plane for a toddler is a nice idea, but physicaly doesn't work sometimes.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 06-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Winner of an award for frequent trips to lurkerville!

My Mood: Mellow
Pony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelolsen View Post
as far as an airplane goes, I couldn't even fit the seat into the airplane. We took a Marathon on the plane when ethan was 18 months. The seat itself touched the seat in front of us and his knees were in his face. It didn't work out at all. so the idea of a carseat on a plane for a toddler is a nice idea, but physicaly doesn't work sometimes.
What kind of plane was it? I have taken DDs Britax Decathlon (same shell size as Marathon) on lots of planes and it has fit on all of them with no problem.

DD is 39" tall with pretty long legs. She never complained about being squished or uncomfortable.
This is her on a 747

And on an itty bitty plane

Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Just bizarre and so annoying.
AKA: djg903

Jenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
So, booster seat question for you. Why is a backless booster any worse then a tall back booster? I mean, if the seatbelt falls into the right position on the chest, what does the fact that it does, or doesn't have a back, have to do with it? (no snark, that info was great, just something I've always wondered) The back would jut make a child sit more forward, not changing the belt position at all. Right?
I know I am a little late on this thread, but everything I have read says that backless boosters ARE safe when used CORRECTLY, only if the child's ears are not above the back of the car's seat. However... i would never use one. Just my preference
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoonegirl View Post
So dd is 18 months (this month), she's rear facing still in a blvd. She's relatively tall, her shoulder straps are at/below her shoulders which is what I've always heard for rear facing straps. We are hesitant to turn her because she's so tiny (thin), and she's still comfy rear facing. Are her straps at the right place for rear facing--at or below the shoulders?
Yes it's at or just below for RF... at or just above for FF.

Last edited by Jenandfam; 06-16-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Just bizarre and so annoying.
AKA: djg903

Jenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond reputeJenandfam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudDomesticEngineer View Post
The high back booster ensures the belt is positioned properly when compared to the backless. It routes below the neck and across the torso at the proper place. That's hard to to with backless, because seatbelts really just aren't designed for children.
My Graco came with a strap that goes up the child's back and the seatbelt ran through a little clip-thingie and is supposed to position it correctly on the shoulder. This is one that you could use as a backless or a HB booster... BUt as I said before, I'd never use the backless.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by symphony of pixels View Post
The Graco Turbo booster(backless version and high back version) and Graco Nautilus(for when the seat is converted to a low back booster) come with adjusters that adjust the position of the seatbelt on the shoulder. Most parents just don't bother to ever use them.
Yes! This is what I was referring to.
~~~~~~~
I will keep these links as a reference to certain family member's who snicker at me with my anal retentiveness with carseats Thanks for posting them.

Last edited by Jenandfam; 06-16-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Happy
MomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond reputeMomaJess has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for this thread! I am a new mom but have many neices and nephews. I never knew they should have been riding much safer all along. My ped even said 1 yr and 20 lbs! Now my baby will be rear facing as long as possible to keep her as safe as possible.

Christ Loving - Cloth Diapering - Breastfeeding - Babywearing

Check out My Blog
Old 07-21-2009, 03:39 AM
I don't want to smell what comes out of my ass

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomaJess View Post
Thank you so much for this thread! I am a new mom but have many neices and nephews. I never knew they should have been riding much safer all along. My ped even said 1 yr and 20 lbs! Now my baby will be rear facing as long as possible to keep her as safe as possible.
my ped said the same thing but when i brought up the new AAP recs they said as long as it was comfortable is what mattered. needless to say i just said fine and let it go
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/Intern. Working on my license
Old 07-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

Jessica, I'm not really sure why you say you'd never use a backless...? Once a child outgrows a highback, the backless is often a better choice than the vehicle belt for a while yet. Depends on the child, but I've known quite a few that still didn't fit just right in the vehicle belt after they outgrew the highback.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
i'd happily take some weighable titties

clunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond reputeclunymph has a reputation beyond repute

lots of great info here. thanks!