ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > First Stop > Encyclopedia CDN

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Owner/Administrator
4d 65 68 21 20

My Mood: Musical
_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute_melody_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rules for Noobs - If you're new, read this!

Rules for Noobs
Welcome to our board. We want you to have a good time here and we want to have a good time with you. If you take the time to read these rules and try to follow them, we think that both of those things are likely to happen.

You can not always chose what happens to you in your life, but you CAN chose how you react to it, and what you do with it. When you go to a new forum or visit a new neighbor, there are a few things you should always do.

1. Make sure you are presentable when you go. Don't go in somebody's house with your underwear showing when they don't even know you, and don't put your feet on the furniture. Be on your best behavior until everybody gets comfortable together.

2. Don't tell all your stories the first day you meet them. If you want a long term relationship, you have to get to know each other slowly and you will have plenty of time to get down to the nitty-gritty later. You need to spend lots of time listening to new people and not much time telling them about yourself. If you tell them everything right up front, you will be pretty boring in no time. Keep some mystery about you.

3. Don't over-react to the things they say and get defensive with them. They don't know you and you don't know them, and there is no better way to make sure that somebody will not like you than to cop an attitude with them right up front. The importance of first impressions can not be overstated.

4. Don't run to them with every little thing that goes wrong in your life. The occasional vent is fine between friends, but you don't want to be that girl that makes people groan when they see her coming. Be upbeat, but realistic and people will enjoy your company and they will commiserate with you when times are hard and rejoice when they are happy. Don't expect people to take the same interest in your dramas that you do. They have their own dramas to worry about.

I belong to quite a few online forums, and I have found that in general if you treat your online friends with the same respect that you show your IRL friends, it often leads to your online friends becoming your IRL friends too. That is what we all come to places like this for. Everybody wants to make friends. We have all been the new guy at one time or the other. I know it is not easy, but I really believe that if you will take these guidelines to heart, you will find that you will make friends wherever you go. Good luck!

ROLL TIDE!

Click Donate at the top of the board & help keep CDN alive for another month!