ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 12:37 AM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

i do agree that if he has it, I do feel its pretty mild. Then I hear stuff like "there is no truly mild autism" but I disagree. Ethan has friends, enjoys friends and social situations. he does get a tad overwhelmed sometimes in new places but its not a given anymore at all. I can take him to a new house to play and he might be totally fine or he might not but its not a given that he won't anymore. he has changed SO much in 2 years and I imagine you'll see wonderful changes in your son in the next 2 years too.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
damn there went my bacon penis
AKA: mtfbwy72

My Mood: Angelic
Stacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope so Kelly....he has been surprising us by pointing more and he actually said "I made a christmas tree" and pointed to it when he was done decorating and his tone was totally *look what I did*....so we will see.

One thing I forgot to share with you that gave me a chuckle was a book his therapist had on her book shelf. The title was "all cats have asperger's".
"This is not my child that I expected and planned for. This is an alien child who landed in my life by accident. I don't know who this child is or what it will become. But I know it's a child, stranded in an alien world, without parents of its own kind. It needs someone to care for it, to teach it, to interpret and to advocate for it. And that job is mine if I want it." - Jim Sinclair, Don't Mourn
Katie7617 is my common law wifey and married to the.real.babycakes cause FB says so

Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahaa...

the teacher I work with in church works as a conselor for people with disabilities and she's getting her credential in special ed right now. She and I were discussing Ethan's eval as we have been doing lately and she said, "I just don't see it... when I first met him 2 years ago I wondered if he was on the spectrum but I do n't anymore. I see alot of the things he does as normal- sometimes a bit over the top but I don't see him and think aspergers anymore". so we'll see!! he's been showing a ton of empthy too, which he didn't always do. Lucas fell down today and I heard him helping him up so I didn't go see b/c I wanted to see what Ethan would do. Ethan was saying "oh poor Lucas, Did you hit your head? where di you hit it? Let me kiss it for you" and then he came to tell me Lucas fell down. In the tub today, Lucas did something nice for Ethan and Ethan said, "You are so helpful Lucas, thank you!"
~~~~~~~
I'm wondering if they'll think PDD-NOS b/c he has a few "symptoms" but its not over the top.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).

Last edited by Shopaholic; 01-02-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Stacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond reputeStacylicious has a reputation beyond repute

Back to school today after about a week and a half of no school . Here's hoping he surprises me and no major meltdowns. He did his usual Monday morning hangback when we opened the door to a classroom full of noise and chaos. But everything semmed to go smooth after I reassured him.

I'm just so worried about him getting overwhelmed and using his hands instead of his words. I told him if he gets upset to use words and tell Miss T or to run circles to make him feel better. Prob not the best advise to run circles but it's better than him hitting and shoving....and for the record he is not agressive at all he just does it out of frustration sometimes especially when he says "no" and "stop that" and the other kids dont listen.
"This is not my child that I expected and planned for. This is an alien child who landed in my life by accident. I don't know who this child is or what it will become. But I know it's a child, stranded in an alien world, without parents of its own kind. It needs someone to care for it, to teach it, to interpret and to advocate for it. And that job is mine if I want it." - Jim Sinclair, Don't Mourn
Katie7617 is my common law wifey and married to the.real.babycakes cause FB says so

Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 AM

I hope it went well!

FWIW, Ethan used to get really overwhelmed and now he doesn't really. I feel like I can take him new places and most likely he'll be fine. that wasn't the case 2 years ago
Old 01-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Well he did great and has the best most dedicated understanding teacher....she is very interested in what the therapist said and had some questions she wanted me to ask the therpist to better help R at school.

I think he is finally very comfortable at school. It's been at 4 months in this new room and he is used tp the teach finally.