ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Princess Geesethread Forever <3
screw the hackers. they're all vulva haters.

My Mood: Alienated
princesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Building our sensory gym...

we've been working on collecting things for a sensory gym for tooter to supplement his brushing protocol and joint compressions...i got tired of waiting and needed more room, so i sold the dining table (we eat at the bar). this is where we are with it now. the only things missing is a mini-trampoline with a bar and a sensory ball. i have the ball but it needs to be inflated, and i would like a stabilizing base for it...

this is the tent and tunnel we got from ikea. the tent is roomy and it was fairly cheap but i think it is not as well made as the tunnel. the tunnel will last us a long time. it does compress back into a ring and tie down for better storage. the doorway is a great alternative to a playhouse for imaginative play.

i highly recommend the spinning chair from ikea. it is really well made and he has responded beautifully to it. the hood folds all the way down, but he prefers to have a scarf or something to watch it flutter during spinning. (that is a tie dyed flat we got from jenn).
super shannon, wife to big man 10/95, mom to the Rock Star formerly known as little man 3/96, tooter monkey 4/06 with five angels between, and princess rowdy formerly known as the pumpkin princess 4/09 (april is a good month for us...)

Proud HazelAid Affiliate
use coupon code 10princesshannon for a 10% discount on hazelwood jewelry, baltic amber jewelry, soap nuts, and hazelwood ointments! Wonderful natural remedies for teething, eczema and more!

WARNING
and sky is falling obsession...this user likes to discuss stockpiling freeze dried fruits/veggies, salt, Swedish fish, ammo, coffee, and toilet paper...
Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Cheerful
JustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond repute

that chair is super cool!!!

Your sensory gym looks fantastic!

I sell Pampered Chef and I can have it shipped directly to you! Check out www.pamperedchef.com, email or message me, and we can get your order in! ...and Paypal is an acceptable form of payment to me!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM

princesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond reputeprincesshannon has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! the chair is the coolest thing ever.period. it has a series of double row rollers that allow for the best spinning possible! too cool! sometimes he just sits with the hood all the way down and plays with his animals or listens to his head phones for some quiet time.
super shannon, wife to big man 10/95, mom to the Rock Star formerly known as little man 3/96, tooter monkey 4/06 with five angels between, and princess rowdy formerly known as the pumpkin princess 4/09 (april is a good month for us...)

Proud HazelAid Affiliate
use coupon code 10princesshannon for a 10% discount on hazelwood jewelry, baltic amber jewelry, soap nuts, and hazelwood ointments! Wonderful natural remedies for teething, eczema and more!

WARNING
and sky is falling obsession...this user likes to discuss stockpiling freeze dried fruits/veggies, salt, Swedish fish, ammo, coffee, and toilet paper...
Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Inactive Member

Ducks will become famous soon enough

That is awesome! We've been considering a chair like that-but I hadn't seen the IKEA ones! I think we'll have to do that. One of my DDs craves spinning, so that would be perfect for her! I think they have swings, too, right? My other DD it's the forward/back from a swing that grounds and centers her.

I love the idea of having a sensory gym in the home! Great job!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Bashful
LisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant futureLisaV has a brilliant future

We love those chairs. Garret's therapy center has 2 of those and the kids go right to them.

Your gym looks great and I think he will have lots of great times in there.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM

thanks! ikea does have swings and rings and other items for sensory stimulation. i want a set of rings. tooter doesn't like swinging, but he loves to hang by things, so the rings would be a nice addition. we'll have to get a builder out though to see if they can find a stud for installation in the ceiling.

Proud HazelAid Affiliate

WARNING
Old 10-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Banned

My Mood: Confused
Naturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have an Ikea around, what otoher places could have that chair?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Crotch flap, baby?

-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute

That looks GREAT!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 AM
I love hanging with all my nut-sucking buddies

My Mood: Cheeky
~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rainbow~ has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I never knew about those chairs either! I will have to look into getting 1 or 2!!

~Erica~
Old 10-22-2009, 03:57 AM

i think you can order those chairs from the ikea web site! it is a fab web site...i want to live in the ikea that is 2.5 hours from our house...

Proud HazelAid Affiliate

WARNING
Old 10-22-2009, 10:49 AM

Here is the chair. Unfortunately, you can't order this one on the internet. It is really heavy to balance while the child is spinning and I bet shipping would be outrageous. My book rec. getting a sit n' spin. If they still made them like they did when I was little, I would get one in a heartbeat. As it stands, I don't think the new ones would last 10 minutes in my wild house, so I went with the chair. As this is an exclusive Ikea product, I don't think you can get it anywhere else, but another company may make something similar!

Proud HazelAid Affiliate

WARNING
Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Apelike
anamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond reputeanamlgrl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshannon View Post
thanks! ikea does have swings and rings and other items for sensory stimulation. i want a set of rings. tooter doesn't like swinging, but he loves to hang by things, so the rings would be a nice addition. we'll have to get a builder out though to see if they can find a stud for installation in the ceiling.
I have the cocoon swing from ikea... the rings are interchangeable and use the same mount. My dad found the ceiling joists very quickly and it's solid as a rock!!
your home gym looks great!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamlgrl View Post
I have the cocoon swing from ikea... the rings are interchangeable and use the same mount. My dad found the ceiling joists very quickly and it's solid as a rock!!
your home gym looks great!
that sounds like a lot of fun!

Proud HazelAid Affiliate

WARNING
Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Banned
AKA: Simply Sanity Creations - B/S/T with Caution - Not allowed to B/S on CDN

My Mood: Busy
Sanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond repute

I think I want to get a chair like that for DD.... She is VERY into "hiding" and it would sure beat blankets strung across lines in her bedroom.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I would give it more if I could figure out how to do it

My Mood: Sluggish
okmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond reputeokmommy06 has a reputation beyond repute

That looks great. I just popped in though to let you know that I saw one of those small trampolines with the attachable bar(work out trampoline) at our Wal-Mart. They were clearancing stuff out...it was only 15$. Just saw you still wanted to get one. HTH.