ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Crafty Corner > Craft Chat

Notices

Old 10-24-2015, 12:49 AM
she's a lizardperson

My Mood: Bookworm
Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Custom drawer inserts for $1 (pic heavy)

I recently expanded my vanity, and I needed something to organize the drawers. Every single item was just rolling around loose. I didn't want to pay for anything expensive because I randomly give away and buy more stuff all the time. In fact, I'm already unhappy with the eye drawer, because I have 5 of the new Colourpop cream gel liners and 2 of their shadows on the way, and the shadows aren't going to fit unless I start stacking stuff. But that's the beauty of this, the entire material cost was $1 and I have leftovers.

I know I have more makeup than one human reasonably needs. You don't have to tell me that. I do still randomly get sent stuff from when my blog was active. I also use my vanity as an antidepressant. When my anxiety is getting really high it's nice to be able to sit here and just play. I'm normally wandering around my house at night with two different eye looks, testing out under eye concealing techniques, and convincing myself i can wear lip colors that aren't nudes. This helps me before work in the mornings too. It's a process: get out of bed. get to vanity. sit for half hour. by the time I'm done my confidence tends to be higher. Anyway.

This is where I'm at now. Vanity is the Ikea Malm dressing table. Drawer unit is Ikea Alex 9-drawer. Both mirrors are Ikea. Vases and fillers are from Michael's. I have lighting overhead and behind, but that wall has no electric wiring in place, so I can't add an outlet or my own lights.

So I grabbed this piece of white foam board at the dollar store.

Sketched a quick little plan. Obviously the outside "box" of the grid is the sides of the drawer.

Boring part, but I just measured (small drawers are 16.5" deep, 11.5" wide, 2" high on sides) and cut out however many pieces I need. I decided to customize the eye drawer a little further and needed a few 10" pieces as well.

You now need to place, measure, and cut the groove insert thingies.

And then measure and trim off the excess of the pieces you didn't cut grooves into, so the whole thing is level.

B&A's!

Palette drawer didn't have a huge change

Eye drawer needs some help soon. Like I said, I have an order from Colourpop on the way, and 2 more Mac shadows in my cart, and the section with eye liners also has stick eyeshadows, which I'd rather have with the pans. But, for $1, I can keep working on it!

Blush & powder drawer is a little mish-mashed. I have powder blushes, one cream blush, a setting powder that I can actually wear as a blush, some other setting powders, a few highlight powders, a highlight pen, and some combo highlight/contour products. However, it's a little neater looking, which is a plus. Front middle section I was actually able to move INTO this drawer, so it's helped.

And the best part is this is the leftovers! I have two more short drawers (lip stuff in one, empty makeup bags and brush bags in the other) and four tall drawers (which I don't need inserts for except maybe one with hair ties and stuff) so realistically I may need one more piece to do every drawer, making it a total cost of $2.

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 10-24-2015, 01:01 AM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome idea!

― Erin Hanson

Old 10-24-2015, 01:01 AM
it'll bite you in your ass.
And I only like that in the bedroom!

My Mood: Busy
AmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond repute

Omg. I love organization. Those pics made me happier than they should haha. What is the material called?

V-12.5
A-11
G-8
J-7
E-5

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Old 10-24-2015, 01:03 AM
she's a lizardperson

My Mood: Bookworm
Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMarie View Post
Omg. I love organization. Those pics made me happier than they should haha. What is the material called?
Foam board I guess? It's with poster board, it's just the thicker kind that seems like stiff foam in the middle with a layer of paper on both sides, if that makes sense.
~~~~~~~
Found the tag, it's these exactly!

http://deals.dollartree.com/catalog/...roductId=16450

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders

Last edited by Gigi; 10-24-2015 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-24-2015, 02:42 AM
Deep I like it deep.

My Mood: Cheerful
MeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond repute

That looks very nice!

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~Les Brown

Autocorrect likes to change names on me, I'm sorry if I call you something else.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:25 AM
"hot and tasty" sounds a little bit dirty to me.

My Mood: Fine
CommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond repute

That is so great!! Great idea, great execution!

Old 10-24-2015, 11:05 AM
I am SO EXCITED!!

My Mood: Stressed
Treighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!! Looks awesome!!

And I sadly have no idea what half that stuff is. Lol

Old 10-24-2015, 11:18 AM
I have never seen anyone do it the other way.
AKA: Agla on DS

My Mood: Apelike
bklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's a great idea! I have these long skinny drawers in a plastic drawer organizer thing and I just moved my makeup there and it's rolling around when I open the drawer. I might give this a try.

I'm earning easy Amazon GCs with PerkTV
Like vintage treasures? A Minor Extravagance

Go buy yourself some Soft Stars; your feet will thank you.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:05 PM
CoopHost
Wow I'm rude

My Mood: Grumpy
cblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond repute

Good job!

My coupon blog...http://carriescouponland.blogspot.com/
Old 10-30-2015, 04:24 PM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job!
Fiancée to Jason
Old 10-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Happy
abunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond reputeabunchofus has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea!

Old 11-04-2015, 01:12 PM
Amazing!!! Unless it gets in your hooha...

My Mood: Balanced
~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Smart!! I think I need that Alex 9 drawer!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 03:45 AM
Never even knew you could eat it!

My Mood: Devilish
chickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond repute

Love it! Perfect idea for people who move often, too.