ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Places to Chat > Hot Buttons

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
is talking about Justin Beibers ass.

My Mood: Stressed
Ms.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speaking of flags-prom dress

If you were the one person in charge would you let her into prom?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0....html?ref=teen

Quote:
While one teen's cardboard prom dress was celebrated for its uniqueness, another teen's attempt at making a red, white and blue fashion statement was flagged as inappropriate.

Texanna Edwards, a senior at Tennessee's Gibson County High School, was turned away from her prom last week after appearing in a custom-made dress that resembled the Confederate flag, the Tennessean reports.

The 18-year-old said she was surprised the school didn't allow her to attend the dance in her gown, saying other students regularly wear clothes and jewelry bearing the Confederate flag symbol.

"They looked at me and said, 'You can't go in because your dress is offensive and might start something,'" Edwards told WREG News.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 PM
I really liked giving head. But now, now I'd probably bite.

My Mood: Tired
jaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, being allowed to attend any school dance is a privilege, not a right. If they deemed it inappropriate and if there is that kind of leeway to make those decisions in the school dress code, that's their right.

I grew up in California. No one wore or displayed the Confederate flag. Things that caused racial tension, though, were disallowed.
Mom of 4 spawnlings - Primero, 5 going on 4, Miss Deuce, 3, Trey, our 18month pumpkin-haired babe, and our butterfly baby whom we loved and lost. Married to one very nice husband: cute, thoughtful, smart AND geeky!

insert something interesting here...

If I owe you feedback, please let me know, I have the brains of a parsnip these days. Maybe a rutabaga on good days!

The Title Fairy was here. :loveshower: :jaz: :hugegrin: . . . . <--------- It's following me wherever I go. *sadness*
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I think if they have allowed confederate flag jewelry and clothing during school, then they should not have turned her away at the prom. They need to be consistent.
~~~~~~~
I'm going by wha tthe girl says about students regularly wearing confederate flag items to school. Either they can or they can't but its a school sanctioned event just like the school day is right? so why at shcool but not the prom?
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).

Last edited by Shopaholic; 04-25-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Rimming makes me giggle in a very naughty perverted way.

My Mood: Artistic
Lolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I think if they have allowed confederate flag jewelry and clothing during school, then they should not have turned her away at the prom. They need to be consistent.
~~~~~~~
I'm going by wha tthe girl says about students regularly wearing confederate flag items to school. Either they can or they can't but its a school sanctioned event just like the school day is right? so why at shcool but not the prom?
This.
Cyber-Wifey to Kristen and Chas!!!

Geeky and TwistedMoody Rainbow Crafts
Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 AM
I don't want to smell what comes out of my ass

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
~~~~~~~
this.

As an aside (didn't watch the video) but I hate seeing the confederate flag immediately put into a racial light, yes that's part of it but there is a lot of history attached to it as a symbol kwim? Zipping up flame suit because it is a charged issue
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/Intern. Working on my license
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Rimming makes me giggle in a very naughty perverted way.

My Mood: Artistic
Lolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoonegirl View Post
this.

As an aside (didn't watch the video) but I hate seeing the confederate flag immediately put into a racial light, yes that's part of it but there is a lot of history attached to it as a symbol kwim? Zipping up flame suit because it is a charged issue
Cyber-Wifey to Kristen and Chas!!!

Geeky and TwistedMoody Rainbow Crafts
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 AM
I really liked giving head. But now, now I'd probably bite.

My Mood: Tired
jaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond reputejaz has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, our prom was held off-site so they had different rules in play. I'm of the opinion that just because there isn't a rule or the rule isn't always enforced doesn't mean you can't choose to make a new rule or enforce an existing one whenever. Proms are not mandatory school events so they can choose to have different rules if they want. God knows I'd be farked if I had to keep only the rules I made for my kids 3 years ago and couldn't change things to suit the circumstances.
Mom of 4 spawnlings - Primero, 5 going on 4, Miss Deuce, 3, Trey, our 18month pumpkin-haired babe, and our butterfly baby whom we loved and lost. Married to one very nice husband: cute, thoughtful, smart AND geeky!

insert something interesting here...

If I owe you feedback, please let me know, I have the brains of a parsnip these days. Maybe a rutabaga on good days!

The Title Fairy was here. :loveshower: :jaz: :hugegrin: . . . . <--------- It's following me wherever I go. *sadness*
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
is talking about Justin Beibers ass.

My Mood: Stressed
Ms.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMs.Maggie has a reputation beyond repute

My Jr year they had to hold an emergency meeting with parents outside of prom to see if they were going to let the kid in who wore a tie-dye tux. The parents voted to let him in.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 AM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

Rules are rules. Prom is a special event outside of school.
It seems inconsistent to let them wear clothing/jewelry in school and not to prom. I would think it would be just as provocative in school and at the prom. Does that make sense?

Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 AM

My Mood: Sunshine
Mamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond repute

Students are allowed to wear jeans and tee shirts to school but not to prom either. Rules are rules. If the school feels it is in appropriate, then so be it.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Never even knew you could eat it!

My Mood: Devilish
chickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond reputechickipoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Maggie View Post
My Jr year they had to hold an emergency meeting with parents outside of prom to see if they were going to let the kid in who wore a tie-dye tux. The parents voted to let him in.
Not tie-dye!?!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

but they are saying that its the idea of the flat that's the prolbem- not the style of the dress. Not jeans and tshirts vs a formal gown. They are talking about the racial issues of the confederate flag that they feel will insitage problems at the prom. So IMO it is a bit different b/c we are talking about a symbol, not a style of dress. If the symbol is fine at school, why is it offensive at the prom?
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
has a pet troll.

My Mood: Amused
rachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
~~~~~~~
agreed!!

Quote:
this.

Meh, it's a print on a dress. If folks hate it, then let her embarrass herself. My guess is there were way more inappropriate dresses, and for that matter, behavior, at the prom besides some girl wearing a flag printed dress.

Miss Mabel Ruth Adaleine, the apple of my dang eyeballs. 10-25-10. And falling madly in love with Milo Jameson Rex 10-6-13.

And recently (finally) hitched to my babydaddy 3-31-14
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
panty-less. all the time.
AKA: Samommy1221

MudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond reputeMudderDearest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this.

which has sparked a new question in my head- how is the history/civil war taught differently in schools?

Jenelle

Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM
grrrr arhhhhg!

My Mood: Spaced
mama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond reputemama Ra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
~~~~~~~
I agree. Plus, the confederate flag is still part of many states current flag. It's a symbol of the south, not racism. The whole civil war was not just about slavery.....they should know that in TN!