ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Places to Chat > Getting to Know You!

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm just crabby today.

My Mood: Cloud_9
z2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond reputez2akids has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranbutterfly View Post
I hope I did it right this time!

What does your screen name mean?

My children's names state with Z, A and A (hence Z plus Two A kids). I haven't been in business in about 5 years, but some of the old timers might remember me from the old days when I was a hyenacart knitter. I did pretty well, but went back to school and simply no longer have time to pick up needles

I also was a retailer for several WAHM diaper makers as well as a few more mass marketed diapers

What brought you to CDN?

TerraNoelle did actually. That lady is one of my fave people to spar with (along with a few others). I haven't quite been driven out of DS, but honestly most of the fun people seem to have departed

How many children do you have?

I have 3. My oldest son Z will be 11 in April, my younger son Z is 8.5 and my daughter A will be 7 in April

How long have you been using cloth?

I used diapers with DS#1 and DD full time. I was back in work full time and had two in cloth when DS#2 was born, so I didn't use cloth much until he was close to PL time. It actually was a big help with PLing

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers?

I loved my Bumware AIOs probably more than just about anything else.

Anything interesting you want to share?

I am an older mommy (41) and I am back in school. I will be graduating in June and once I pass my boards (hopefully) I will be an RN. In my prechildren life I was a paralegal. My children attend our parish school (Catholic) where I spend a great deal of time as a volunteer. I am VP of the School Board and co-founder of our Moms' Group. I am a person of strong opinions and great love.
Feel free to add your own questions for everyone else to answer
Thanks for asking.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Inactive Member

FastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond repute

What does your screen name mean? I don't really know, but it makes me giggle whenever I see/hear/say it.

What brought you to CDN? I lost the lurve for another diapering forum

How many children do you have? 2 (3 if my husband's having a bad day )

How long have you been using cloth? uhmm..I cd'd for about 6 months with dd1, got prego, and the poopy cloth made me hurl with MS, so I stopped. Started cd'ing dd2 this past June

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? flats. We have water that's so hard I swear it should be gold. I need stink free, easy, no fuss dipes

Anything interesting you want to share? Hmm...I used to be a vet tech and had a raccoon grab onto my hair and it took three adults to get him to let go.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Personally I ENJOY whoring it up with random men and women.

My Mood: Stressed
hippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond repute

It was a nickname we used to call my youngest daughter. She has a very large space between her two front top teeth and for a LONG time she had no other teeth either. Combine that with her being super roly poly as a baby and you gots yourself a little hippo baby.
What brought you to CDN?
I made an acct a long time ago and posted a few times, felt out of the loop, and never really forced myself to get to know anyone. When all of my friends were coming over I figured it was a good time to start up again. I'm really glad I did. I left DS because I had outgrown it and was done with the drama.
3 kids ages 11, 7, and 4.

I tried it for a month or two with my oldest before she potty learned and liked it. That made me start researching and obsessing when I got pregnant with my middle daughter and I've been using cloth every single day for over 7 years now with the youngest two kids. My 4 year old is a bedwetter due to some meds she's on so while she's been day trained for 2 years we are still in nighttime diapers.
Before she potty trained we loved flats with flip covers. And my ex loved fuzzi bunz for YEARS with a fierce passion. He could snappi a prefold like nobody's business but his real love was fuzzi bunz and we've always had them for him for both our girls.
Anything interesting you want to share? Like FastFace I was a tech for a number of years and since then, birds scare the crap outta me. Large birds have VERY.LARGE.LICE. Large lice that like to crawl out of their feathers and onto your hand while you are holding them for a blood draw/exam. So if the razor-sharp talons don't slice through your gloves and the beak doesn't snap off a finger or two, the massive lice while yick you out so bad you have nightmares. True story. Her name was Daisy and she was a hawk. *shudder*

with my RMJ-(rachelmaria)
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Inactive Member

FastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond reputeFastFace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippoteeth View Post
It was a nickname we used to call my youngest daughter. She has a very large space between her two front top teeth and for a LONG time she had no other teeth either. Combine that with her being super roly poly as a baby and you gots yourself a little hippo baby.
What brought you to CDN?
I made an acct a long time ago and posted a few times, felt out of the loop, and never really forced myself to get to know anyone. When all of my friends were coming over I figured it was a good time to start up again. I'm really glad I did. I left DS because I had outgrown it and was done with the drama.

I tried it for a month or two with my oldest before she potty learned and liked it. That made me start researching and obsessing when I got pregnant with my middle daughter and I've been using cloth every single day for over 7 years now with the youngest two kids. My 4 year old is a bedwetter due to some meds she's on so while she's been day trained for 2 years we are still in nighttime diapers.
Before she potty trained we loved flats with flip covers. And my ex loved fuzzi bunz for YEARS with a fierce passion. He could snappi a prefold like nobody's business but his real love was fuzzi bunz and we've always had them for him for both our girls.
Anything interesting you want to share? Like FastFace I was a tech for a number of years and since then, birds scare the crap outta me. Large birds have VERY.LARGE.LICE. Large lice that like to crawl out of their feathers and onto your hand while you are holding them for a blood draw/exam. So if the razor-sharp talons don't slice through your gloves and the beak doesn't snap off a finger or two, the massive lice while yick you out so bad you have nightmares. True story. Her name was Daisy and she was a hawk. *shudder*
dude, birds HATE me. I would always get bitten by the pet birds. the raptors terrified me. the beak clacking, the 15# owl, the smelly, violent geese... ugh.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Personally I ENJOY whoring it up with random men and women.

My Mood: Stressed
hippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond repute

Angela the egg-bound duck bit me. It actually really hurt. Don't laugh. Birds TERRIFY me now after both Angela AND Daisy within a week of each other.

with my RMJ-(rachelmaria)
Old 02-19-2012, 02:26 AM
has a pet troll.

My Mood: Amused
rachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond reputerachelmaria has a reputation beyond repute

Demerit to both FastFace and hippoteeth for being stupid and not liking birds. Birds are boss. FACT.

Miss Mabel Ruth Adaleine, the apple of my dang eyeballs. 10-25-10. And falling madly in love with Milo Jameson Rex 10-6-13.

And recently (finally) hitched to my babydaddy 3-31-14
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 AM
is seeing titties EVERYWHERE

newmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond repute

when i made my first account at my first mommy forum i was preggo with my (only) dd. so i was a new mommy. my birthday is on the 13th, my wedding was on the 13th, it is my lucky number!

What brought you to CDN?

i'm a lemming.

1 dd amelia who is turning 4 in march.

since dd came home from the hospital until she PLed at 2.

i like BG OS AIOs (i think they have a new name. i'm so out of the loop!), dreameze aio and PFs with wool. for newbies i like fitteds with covers but i didn't find the pf love until dd was older so maybe i would like the pfs then too?

Anything interesting you want to share? we are in the process of becoming a pre-adoptive foster family. also i find proper grammar and punctuation to be optional. it aint no than but a chicken wang. My feelings would be best expressed in a monologue from the movie what about bob starring a young mr Bill Murray as a man with severe anxiety disorder: with all the horror in the world, does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmaria View Post
Demerit to both FastFace and hippoteeth for being stupid and not liking birds. Birds are boss. FACT.
agreed. FACT. especially umbrella cockatoos!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 AM
grease my ass to roll me through the door.

Sweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Karma Cakes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippoteeth View Post
What brought you to CDN?

My sister got chiggers when she was a teen from helping a few injured birds. It sucked...for her. I thought it was hilarious, as she is a raging bitch and I thought it was karma i the form of huge lice.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Inactive Member
AKA: Terrible_Muriel

My Mood: Hot
LittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond reputeLittlePookie3912 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a quote from the movie "Muriel's Wedding." Her sister is always saying, "You're terrible, Muriel." I like to say that to people so I decided that would be a fun screen name. Certain people will get it. Others won't. *shrug*

What brought you to CDN?

I love cloth diapers! I am dying to use them on my soon-to-be born son. I also am dying to make some online friends/adversaries in this venture. I have no idea what I'm doing except what I've gleaned from the internet. None of my friends have done cloth, so I am a loner.

1 on the way!

I am hoping to start using cloth fairly early on.

I don't know yet. But by the looks of things, I really think we are going to use a lot of prefolds with covers and I have a good combination of fitteds, pockets, AOI's, and even AI2's in my stash to try out. I even got a handful of flats. I'll try anything once!

I worked in the public library for almost 15 years. I've seen some craaaazy shiz. I've been called many names. I've had money thrown at me. I've watched drunks do weird things like cut apart their clothing with our Fisker scissors while sitting at a computer playing Bejewelled. I've seen pieces of cheese used as bookmarks. I've had a bag of roaches placed in the book drop. I've dealt with people who thought they had a direct line to Jesus, I've helped people who thought they WERE Jesus. I've seen patrons who wear hard hats with flashing lights and flags attached to them or socks on their hands. Nothing shocks me these days, not after working there!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Confused
Notorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNotorious has a reputation beyond repute

I was listening to Notorious BIG when I was registering here. So it really means nothing!

What brought you to CDN?
Some girls from DS said this was a great place to be so I thought I would join.

For about 4 years with 2 kids.

Pockets, I like FBs the best.

I smoke way too much!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I have never seen anyone do it the other way.
AKA: Agla on DS

My Mood: Apelike
bklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I was listening to Notorious BIG when I was registering here. So it really means nothing!

What brought you to CDN?

I smoke way too much!
Aoutomatic points for listening to Biggie.

I'm earning easy Amazon GCs with PerkTV
Like vintage treasures? A Minor Extravagance

Go buy yourself some Soft Stars; your feet will thank you.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
is seeing titties EVERYWHERE

newmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond reputenewmommy13 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Terrible_Muriel;2590041]What does your screen name mean?

It's a quote from the movie "Muriel's Wedding." Her sister is always saying, "You're terrible, Muriel." I like to say that to people so I decided that would be a fun screen name. Certain people will get it. Others won't. *shrug*

What brought you to CDN?

I love cloth diapers! I am dying to use them on my soon-to-be born son. I also am dying to make some online friends/adversaries in this venture. I have no idea what I'm doing except what I've gleaned from the internet. None of my friends have done cloth, so I am a loner.

1 on the way!

I am hoping to start using cloth fairly early on.

I don't know yet. But by the looks of things, I really think we are going to use a lot of prefolds with covers and I have a good combination of fitteds, pockets, AOI's, and even AI2's in my stash to try out. I even got a handful of flats. I'll try anything once!

I worked in the public library for almost 15 years. I've seen some craaaazy shiz. I've been called many names. I've had money thrown at me. I've watched drunks do weird things like cut apart their clothing with our Fisker scissors while sitting at a computer playing Bejewelled. I've seen pieces of cheese used as bookmarks. I've had a bag of roaches placed in the book drop. I've dealt with people who thought they had a direct line to Jesus, I've helped people who thought they WERE Jesus. I've seen patrons who wear hard hats with flashing lights and flags attached to them or socks on their hands. Nothing shocks me these days, not after working there![/QUOTE]

i need to spend more time at the library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post

What brought you to CDN?

I smoke way too much!
who are you at DS? nosey minds want to know.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Inactive Member

RoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoccerMom has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play!

What does your screen name mean? I love music and when I was preggo with my first my rocker friends (with no kids!) used to tease me and say I was going to turn into a soccer mom. So dh and I would say, not a soccer mom, a rocker mom!

What brought you to CDN? I heard about it in the other forums I visit- DS, tsw, ylu, and on ravelry

How many children do you have? 2 and one in the oven

How long have you been using cloth? I started with my second (18months) but wish I had with my first. Had no idea!

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? Cute fluffy fitted and WOOL!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Inactive Member

Kinzie815 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright...
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranbutterfly View Post
I hope I did it right this time!

What does your screen name mean? My daughter's name and birthday.

What brought you to CDN? Found a link on diaperswappers and came to check out the FSOT.

How many children do you have? 2: a 4 year old son and a 6 month old daughter.

How long have you been using cloth? About 2 months.

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? Right now I only have pockets and AI2s and prefer my pockets. But I just bought my first fitted and I'm excited to try them.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Bookworm
kelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond repute

name and middle, maiden last name initials
What brought you to CDN?
Looking for somewhere other than Diaperswappers, too many viruses over there
1 a bouncing toddler boy
Since he was around 4 months old. I bought them before he got here, but took a while to get through all the pampers from the baby shower. Tell people you are planning to use cloth, and they will kindly buy lots of pampers...sigh
we do a lot of fitteds with wool, love our Kissaluv Contours for the price and effectiveness