ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Places to Chat > Getting to Know You!

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Creative
Gillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond reputeGillyweeds has a reputation beyond repute

What does your screen name mean? My dh has the nickname Gilly, and we have many kids that grow fast, like weeds! It's also the name of my business.

What brought you to CDN? Others from DS and HC told me this was the place to be.

How many children do you have? six, and I think we're done.

How long have you been using cloth? I cd'd my oldest (she's 16 now) and then quit for a while, then went back to it about 5 years ago when my now six year old was a baby.

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? pockets, fitteds and wool, pfs with pul covers.

Anything interesting you want to share? I'm pretty boring.

Feel free to add your own questions for everyone else to answer
Old 10-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Nerdy
m&m&m is an unknown quantity at this point

What does your screen name mean?
It is the first initial of me, hubby, and our son.

What brought you to CDN?
Found it listed as a resource on the Cloth Diaper Directory

How many children do you have?
1 (28months old) and I am 21weeks preggo with a second boy

How long have you been using cloth?
2+ years

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers?
pockets and AI2s
Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Angelic
laurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond reputelaurilambchop has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Um...is this what you're supposed to do?

A nickname given to me by my, then 12 year old, niece's friend. For some reason it stuck...like it's been 15 years.

What brought you to CDN?
I bought some dipes from a lady off CL, and let her know i was new to CD'ing. She asked if I'd been on any forums and I had been on DS, but didn't like it. She suggested this, and I see why

TWO - Evie is my 3.5 year old daughter, and Sawyer is my almost (sniff, sniff) 1 year old son.

well...I bought a few AIO's when my daughter was still in diapers, and they leaked...badly. That was at least a year ago. I gave up on them quickly. When My son was born, I wanted to switch, but our, then, daycare provider refused to try CD's. We switched DCP for other reasons. I started using CD's 3 months ago at home, and my DCP came on board (I Bought her an INSANE amount of Pockets to use) about 2 months ago. I wish I'd started this way with my first!

PF's with a size-specific cover, though we have mostly OS covers, OS AIO and Pockets are a treat to use, but we save those for the DCP

Anything interesting you want to share?
Up until pregnant with Baby #2, I raced motorcycles. Mostly a hobby, but now I don't fit into my leathers (they don't stretch and are unforgiving) and don't have family to watch the kids at the track, so that is on the backburner for now. I am crafty, and like figuring out how to make lovely things I see for a fraction of the price and cuter!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Inactive Member

mom2four is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mom2four, want to answer some questions about yourself?
I hope I did it right this time!

I have four kids, lol. I'm not super creative in the screen name chosing!

What brought you to CDN?
Honestly, I googled the off-her-rocker- Sherree/Shasta to see who she was trying to hurt now. Yep, I was that bored and she has screwed me over as well as Pattie. My search eventually led me here. Gotta love following that drama!

Four and in the 2ww! Kaiden, boy, 6; Kyndal, girl, 4; Rowan and Ryder 2 yr old twin boys (my cloth diaper babies!) and we'll find out if our 5th is on the way next week!

Since the boys were about 10 months old. I wanted to try it with my daughter, but dh was against it so I didn't push. Then the oh so sensitive twins were allergic to anything and everything (on donor breast milk on top of what I supplied for 18 months!) and were breaking out with every sposie we tried so I convinced DH to let me try cloth. And now I am hooked and will never use sposies again!

Goodmamas, my home made dipes, and Ragababes. I seem to like the difficult ones :/

I'm a Navy wife, married to David for 8 years now. We're currently in Idaho while he's recruiting and will be moving to the San Diego area here in a couple of months. I'm a WAHM making diapers, wetbags, wipes and mama cloth among other random projects. For feedback on other pages- HC poo.catchers.diapers, Diaper Swappers-mommy2fourmunchkins, and Goodmama Feedback on Facebook under Amanda D.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Tired
nessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranbutterfly View Post

Hello everyone, im glad I was directed here by another mom who I am facebook friends with, via diaper swappers.

What does your screen name mean? its a nickname for my first name- Vanessa- "nessa"

What brought you to CDN? I dont have many cloth diapering moms around me, so I try to get my cloth diaper fix on the internet

How many children do you have? One 8 month old daughter... for now!

How long have you been using cloth? For 8 months

What is your favorite type of cloth diaper? So far I am loving "flats" (I actually use our old recieving blankets as flats, i dont have any proper flats) OR prefolds (I dont have prefolds that fit DD right. They are all too long and so are bulky, plus I havent figured out the best way to fold it so it fits nice and snugly on her, it seems theres always this flap of material by the legs. I'm actually thinking about converting all our prefolds into "prefitteds", but id like them to be one size. is that possible?) and wool. We are a wool loving family!!

Anything interesting you want to share? I dont know how interesting this is, but a few things I enjoy are cooking, knitting and crocheting (but i have yet to attempt any type of woolie- would love to be directed towards patterns and nice yarn), gardening, riding my bicycle (although ive been super slack on that since I was pregnant), surfing the web, natural stuff, things that make you go WOW, traveling (I was a hitchhiking, backpacking vagabond for 3 years traveling all over europe and some other cool places), photography and art.

~~~~~~~
DUH!

I did the whole thing in a quote. woops!!

Last edited by nessa; 10-27-2011 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-27-2011, 03:33 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: In Love
DevotedWife is an unknown quantity at this point

What does your screen name mean? I'm devoted to my husband.

What brought you to CDN? A Google search for
Family Pendragon yarn co-ops.

2...ds is almost 3 yrs old, dd was born last month

How long have you been using cloth? since the end of 2008 when my ds was born

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? BG One size...I think we have 3.0s

Anything interesting you want to share? I'm pretty boring actually. I wish I had more time for knitting. My husband is a US Marine, and I'm a US Air Force vet. I actually like moving every few years! I have a motorcycle endorsement on my license, but haven't ridden since I found out that I was pregnant back in 2008. Those facts really aren't interesting, but I couldn't think of anything else.

Oh and I love the color purple!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Please, don't kick the babies.

junebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond reputejunebugjones has a reputation beyond repute

SkippyJon Jones' mother's name. You know, the kitty who looks like a chihuahua.

What brought you to CDN?
Low traffic on another site I used to frequent. Looking for a drama free zone.
three year old b/g twins
four months - 21 months with dd
four months - three years with ds
Those days are long behind me now!
pfs and wool

I enjoy knitting and reading memoirs. I like motion detector lights when it snows. I enjoy reading home design blogs but I wonder where they stash their piles of paper, backpacks, random things the kids bring out to the main living areas. I'm a total freak about pinterest.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Inactive Member

Frogyduckypuppy is an unknown quantity at this point

What does your screen name mean? - The name of my 2 year old's 3 lovies

What brought you to CDN? - Need more answers and guidance while I venture into the cloth diapering world!

How many children do you have? - 2

How long have you been using cloth? - Maybe over a month? Super new!

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? - So far I love my GroVia AI2 and AIO and the DreamEze AIO.

Anything interesting you want to share? - I currently have jet lag. I guess that's how interesting I am at am at 2 o'clock in the morning
Old 11-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Cheeky
coleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond reputecoleina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey everyone!

It's my nickname plus my middle name... simple, but i use it for everything which means i remember it!

What brought you to CDN?
My little sister sent me here with my diapering confusion. Also, I am expecting my first baby very soon.

Just the little critter in my belly due Jan 23rd, baby girl!

Haven't, except for on my niece and nephew when babysitting. But there is no way I'd go disposable.

I have yet to discover that. I got some pockets for free but they are size medium and probably wont fit my baby girl for a few months or more.

We plan on me staying at home for quite sometime and I am hoping to get more crafty and make a small income selling things online- so I am very interested in advice geared that direction as well. I am having a home birth in the water, which frightens my family but makes me feel at peace. I aim to be as green as I can be, which calls for improvement everyday.

I have never joined a forum & much of the ins&outs overwhelm me, so give me time to get the hang of this. But I sure am glad to be here!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
It's definitely hard

My Mood: Elated
jinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond reputejinky has a reputation beyond repute

- Nickname my old roommate used to call me (the derogatory term for Chinese) as a joke which I replaced the C with a J as I'm Japanese

What brought you to CDN?
- My wife

- One

- Since our daughter was born

- No idea...one's I don't have to change?

- My head is so big that the doctor warned my mother to watch out for me falling on my face being 'top heavy' when I start walking
Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Inactive Member

DippinsMomma09 is an unknown quantity at this point

What does your screen name mean? When I was pregnant with my ds he was little like a dippin dot and it stuck.

What brought you to CDN? Baby number 2 and my continued obsession with cloth.

How many children do you have? a 2 1/2 ds and one due the end of July

How long have you been using cloth? 2 1/2 years

What is your favorite type of cloth diapers? I'm a traditionalist I like prefolds with covers.

Anything interesting you want to share? I had a homebirth, maybe thats interesting to some?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Bashful
vasportsmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

What brought you to CDN?

Let's see:

My screen name is an easy one. I live in Virginia and my boys play sports year around. My oldest plays football and baseball (JV/Varsity, fall ball and senior league). My youngest plays soccer twice a year and is returning to football this year.

I ended up at CDN in a strange way. I was looking for info on diapers for my best friend, found my way to DS and then lost the link. When I googled it I ended up at the drama blog, read there and found the link here. This place sounded a lot more my style than DS so I decided to take my chances here and hope a non-diapering mom would be welcome.

I have 2 kids that are 11 & 16. I never used cloth diapers but I am looking for info and pretty diapers/training pants to buy my best friend. She has a little boy that is nearly 3 and a daughter that turned 1 in August. She is new to cloth so I'm hoping to find different things for her to try.

As for me I'm pretty boring. I'm addicted to World of Warcraft and spend way to much time playing. I love to cook and try to make everything from scratch but I can't make bread or pie crusts to save my life. I also love to read anything I can get my hands on. I just purchased 50 J.D. Robb books on e-bay and even though I have read half of them I can't wait to read them all again in order.

If there is anything else you would like to know ask away. I'd be happy to answer.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Where's that title fairy?
AKA: Oakanwillow

My Mood: Dreaming
Veggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What brought you to CDN?

Yay! The Bottle landed on ME!

My screen name... is a combination of the oak and the willow. In folklore the oak is a father tree, representing strength, healing wisdom and protection; while the willow is a mother tree, representing healing, dreaming, wisdom, intuition and patience.

What brought me to CDN... is a joyful curiosity and desire to reach out to new, unusual and like-minded folks like myself. And June of Rising Sun Earthworks posted an advert for a Mug co-op in Feb. All kidding aside, I am here because I hear good things about CDN.

How many children... I have 4 wonderful Elflings. My youngest are 7-year old twins.

I have been using cloth... since my twins were 6-months old, and exclusively 'til they were potty-trained at 2 years. I continued for myself and will do 'til the Red Wave ceases to pester me.

What type of CD... I used fitteds exclusively, and mainly the ones I made.

Anything interesting... I blog a lot. I'm doing a 365 Days of AWESOME challenge for year 2012... you can visit @ Mouldylocks if you'd like. That name was my nickname in my youth... something to do with my purple and blue mohawk.

I hope I did this right...

| Veggiewitch.com | Veggiewitch Blog | Veggiewitch Etsy |

Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Artistic
fallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond reputefallaway has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I just saw this, sorry!! And there are 2 pages to go through, omigosh. I'm just goign through one at a time.

Quote:

It's the name of a ballroom step. I was... am I guess officially... a professional ballroom dancer.

What brought you to CDN?

I'm a cloth diaperer! Pretty much just posted to DS, but I'm looking for alternatives now.

2 . DD is almost 3, and DS just turned 1.

Since July '10, when I quit my full-time job to be home with DD and wait for DS's arrival. It was part of of my pitch to DH on how we could save money... whoops! I was going to use the flats my mother used on all 4 of us, get some covers, and be super frugal. And then we discovered the cuteness of cloth!

That's a tough one. I'm not a big fan of pockets. I loved PFs on DS when he was a newbie, because he'd pee before I could even finish snappi-ing it on, so running through diapers so quickly, it was nice just to have an assembly line. I'd have to say fitteds though. Maybe my kids are just firehoses, but they work great, cute prints, and perfect for wool which I also have gotten way into!

Um... I make my own marshmallows from scratch?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Angelic
~Lady Di~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops! HAHA I JUST saw this!

My nickname has always Been Lady Di because my name is Diane and I'm quite fond of Lady Diana

What brought you to CDN?
My friend Steph :P

Since my little guy was 2 mths old

Kawaii Baby

Um, not particularly lol If I think of something, I'll come back