ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Thrifty is my middle name!

Notices

Old 07-26-2015, 03:04 AM
300 Posts and nothing funny?

debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswehave8 View Post
Oh I am definitely Prime. Amazon is my online WalMart! For me, this is right up my alley because I am already a frequent Amazon shopper.

And the sight came back up for me briefly, but is gone again. That is at least 10 hours today. I am *sure* the "site maintenance" is a huge reason that approvals are down right now. They can't get on, either!
Yeah I buy from Amazon a ton. But I'm always having to try to plan the order well ahead so that everything I need is gotten that once, and the order is over $35 because money is tight. Totally agree that the site issues have to be affecting our lack of offers here.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:17 AM
I hit the crystal factory

My Mood: Busy
kwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond reputekwootten2 has a reputation beyond repute

We do a huge chunk of our shopping on Amazon, so we were Prime already.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:24 PM
she's a lizardperson

My Mood: Bookworm
Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on prime, and I've got like $20 in Amazon pantry credit and $10 in digital content credit because I keep choosing to not use prime 2 day shipping.

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 07-26-2015, 03:39 PM
the bigger the better, the tighter the sweater!

My Mood: Dead
NadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
I'm on prime, and I've got like $20 in Amazon pantry credit and $10 in digital content credit because I keep choosing to not use prime 2 day shipping.
I'm up to $10 pantry credit for not using my prime shipping. lol. I thought it was still digital content credit till you mentioned that, so thanks!

I was finally able to get on again so I went to Amazon and I left seller feedback on the first two things I received and deleted everything I had requested and rerequested a bunch of new stuff. Within an hour, I was approved for like, three more things.

I am a little peeved. I left a review on one item I got. It was a hand mill coffee grinder. Someone downvoted my review. I'm sorry, it's not a 5 star coffee grinder. I give 4 stars because it does work, gives a consistent grind, and I had no issues with it. I'm sure it was someone trying to get ahead because a lot of people had their review downvoted by one, regardless of stars. People suck.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.
The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle,
you must fear or hate them.
The second is that to love someone
means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense.
You don’t have to compromise convictions
to be compassionate."

~Pastor Rick Warren~

Old 07-26-2015, 03:59 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

How long has AMZ been around? Is anyone worried that the "competitive" edge of people trying to get ahead and get better products is going to make Amazon reviews unreliable?

― Erin Hanson

Old 07-26-2015, 06:38 PM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So I can look back, my current standings: #19,382 with 89% (195/220). I'd love to see it at 90%, in case it's some magical threshold. LOL! I am beginning to think there is no rhyme or reason for some of this.
Ok, so I have been a reviewing fool and got my numbers of reviews up to 193... It was under 150, I think, when I shared the above numbers.

My standings are now #18,355, with 91% (205/225). I believe, if we think of it, it is easy to up everyone by 4 or 5 every couple of days. I really think they have a cap on how many times you can upvote any one person on the same day. I also don't think the rankings update but every couple of days, as I was the exact same number yesterday, despite adding about a dozen reviews.

I have 6 outstanding approvals, only one I actually have the product in hand, but I want it to be my first video. I just dumped a bunch and am working on adding new ones. I plan to come back here this afternoon and upvote the shared links again. You guys lmk if it actually shows anything this time.
~~~~~~~
And the more I think about it, something is wrong with the numbers they use... yes, both numbers went up by 10, but I deleted one or two with downvotes... If I deleted 3 downvotes, my number overall should have gone down by three, then up by the 10 new ones, making my percentage higher. It's screwy!

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(

Last edited by yeswehave8; 07-26-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-26-2015, 06:54 PM
she's a lizardperson

Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, Amazon is smarter than me. The prime panty credit can only be one per order, so it's basically just free prime pantry shipping. Damn it.

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 PM

debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Since I do get foodstuffs on Amazon, maybe I need to look into just how helpful these Amazon pantry discounts for using regular shipping are for Prime customers. I wouldn't use the digital credit really, but if I could make Prime work for my budget....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadiaRose View Post
I was finally able to get on again so I went to Amazon and I left seller feedback on the first two things I received and deleted everything I had requested and rerequested a bunch of new stuff. Within an hour, I was approved for like, three more things.

I am a little peeved. I left a review on one item I got. It was a hand mill coffee grinder. Someone downvoted my review. I'm sorry, it's not a 5 star coffee grinder. I give 4 stars because it does work, gives a consistent grind, and I had no issues with it. I'm sure it was someone trying to get ahead because a lot of people had their review downvoted by one, regardless of stars. People suck.
I was thinking of doing just that, as I suspect they see and approve newer requests now that stuff is back up. It's just that I really want the items I requested and don't see other things I want, lol. I wonder if it would be worth deleting and then attempting to re-find some things. But I have already wasted far too much time.

Yeah, I think a seller was ticked about an honest four star review I left and downvoted me.

Quote:
Ok, so I have been a reviewing fool and got my numbers of reviews up to 193... It was under 150, I think, when I shared the above numbers.

My standings are now #18,355, with 91% (205/225). I believe, if we think of it, it is easy to up everyone by 4 or 5 every couple of days. I really think they have a cap on how many times you can upvote any one person on the same day. I also don't think the rankings update but every couple of days, as I was the exact same number yesterday, despite adding about a dozen reviews.

I have 6 outstanding approvals, only one I actually have the product in hand, but I want it to be my first video. I just dumped a bunch and am working on adding new ones. I plan to come back here this afternoon and upvote the shared links again. You guys lmk if it actually shows anything this time.
~~~~~~~
And the more I think about it, something is wrong with the numbers they use... yes, both numbers went up by 10, but I deleted one or two with downvotes... If I deleted 3 downvotes, my number overall should have gone down by three, then up by the 10 new ones, making my percentage higher. It's screwy!

I cannot believe how high ya'lls rankings are. I hover near 40,000 despite having about 390 votes on my stuff and 100 reviews. But I am at 86% helpful due to some painfully honest reviews. And actually I did delete two of those that were of little import to me... and my numbers only went down. I also agree that the numbers are off b/c I noticed my vote total rising when you all liked some of my reviews but my up ratio only rising a fraction of that amount. So something is definitely off.
~~~~~~~
By numbers going down, I mean that I HAD been considered 88% helpful before I deleted a couple of reviews on which I was largely down-voted. Go figure.

Last edited by debcita429; 07-26-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Mhm, mhm love me some cooter flavored candy

My Mood: Fine
EmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
I was thinking of doing just that, as I suspect they see and approve newer requests now that stuff is back up. It's just that I really want the items I requested and don't see other things I want, lol. I wonder if it would be worth deleting and then attempting to re-find some things. But I have already wasted far too much time.

FWIW, I deleted everything and started fresh and there was a handful of stuff that was showing "pending" that had actually expired. Whatever is going on with site maintenance is really messing with the site.

Wifey to Carly and Kristen
Old 07-26-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaBelle View Post
FWIW, I deleted everything and started fresh and there was a handful of stuff that was showing "pending" that had actually expired. Whatever is going on with site maintenance is really messing with the site.
Actually, if you click on the picture of any item in your list, it will tell you when the offer expires. This is the expiration date to request the offer, howver, not the expiration date of when the code will work. The sellers may still evaluate requests for days after the ability to make the request has expired. I know that two of the items I ordered were not approved until after they had expired. Meanwhile, another item--the opportunity for which to request an offer had expired--showed up as "all codes used" a few days after it expired. So it can take the sellers a while. I think sometimes they never do use up all the codes they had been planning to fill, in which case I wish they would delete those items so that I know whether to keep expired-but-pending items on my list (I'm being really stubborn about one that I still really want).
Old 07-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Mhm, mhm love me some cooter flavored candy

My Mood: Fine
EmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, thanks for clarifying.

I got 2 offers since i removed everything and started fresh. A french press and some baby hair bands.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2015, 11:38 PM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My standings are now #18,355, with 91% (205/225).
Woot woot! Been a busy little bee... now I am #14,766 with 205 reviews. I *still* have more I can easily do, but took a little break. I would love to break into the top 10,000 but I suppose that is a bit ambitious.

Still no new offers, but I have 3 or 4 things coming tomorrow and that should help me tremendously. I added a few pics (which I never do) and plan to do my first videos tomorrow. I want to do one on the haircut umbrella and maybe one on the knives.

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(
Old 07-27-2015, 03:03 PM
SuperMom!

My Mood: Breezy
ciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond repute

I could probably review a lot more things but am nervous about starting to do videos for some reason.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 PM

So... for the last several hours I have been trying to sign into AMZ in order to post a URL for the review of an item that arrived today. I'm in a rush because my Prime will run out this week, and I am hoping for more offers *this* week as soon as sellers see my reviews. The site loads, and it looks like the sign in is going through. I get the message they always send about how to add items to your cart. Looking good. But when I click past that... I am not signed in. I imagine this is the same for sellers as well so that they are unable to send us codes today. Fingers crossed that it will be up and running soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciles View Post
I could probably review a lot more things but am nervous about starting to do videos for some reason.
I was looking forward to doing videos but had such a terrible time attempting to post my first one (the attempt was a failure; I might have succeeded eventually if amazon hadn't randomly locked that review so that I can no longer edit it) that I'm only bothering with photos now. A seller took the time to comment on one review and photo, saying that they were both quality, so that was encouraging.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:11 AM
she's a lizardperson

I'm a little bummed at Prime's new slow shipping credit tbh. $1 toward digital content, I used all the time! $5 for Prime Pantry that can only be used once per order, when it's also flat $5.99 shipping? Lame. There's nothing on there I can't buy locally for a better deal when the $5.99 shipping is factored in. Ah well, 2 day shipping it is!