ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Entertainment Zone > Read All About It.

Notices

Old 08-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I need a blow job

My Mood: Happy
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maximum-security inmates at Utah State Prison begin hunger strike

http://kutv.com/news/local/maximum-s...-hunger-strike

This is trending on FB. All I can think is... so what? let them starve themselves if they choose is that terrible? I mean, seriously... "Release our leaders or we starve ourselves!!!"

Old 08-01-2015, 04:02 PM
makes me think Vagazzel! in the Shamwow guy voice
AKA: Rannensmom

My Mood: Sad
BeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see the full list of demands. With the state of our prison system I don't necessarily trust Joe Schmoe reporter to give the important information.
Which isn't to say that I side with the inmates either, I just need more information before I make a decision

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 08-01-2015, 04:11 PM
I need a blow job

mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, what you're saying makes sense. Reporters like sensationalism, anything to get peoples' attention...

Old 08-01-2015, 04:17 PM

BeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond repute

The way the word it is so vague and sensationalized. "Release of gang leaders from another maximum security unit"....as in free them, or as in "bring my homie back?" Why were they sent to another facility? They don't even tell us the name of it...which is suspect to me. Is it a facility that is notorious for mistreatment of inmates?
Who is actually going to ask these questions?

And what does "Documented gang members" mean? Because it sounds like a bunch of PR bull~POOP~.

Honestly, when I think of a hardened criminal making outrageous demands...a hunger strike is not how I envision them handling it. I want to know what their other demands are before they are discredited.

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 08-01-2015, 04:33 PM
I need a blow job

I'm glad i posted this, because I hadn't thought of all the things you mentioned, but you make excellent points. I love coming to CDN to have discussions about current events because I learn SO much, other gals here think of things I never would.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
I'm glad i posted this, because I hadn't thought of all the things you mentioned, but you make excellent points. I love coming to CDN to have discussions about current events because I learn SO much, other gals here think of things I never would.
I'm glad you did too because I may not have seen the story otherwise

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 08-01-2015, 08:22 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

Is it wrong that a huff post commenter made me chuckle when he said:
These scamps are adorable! It's Utah, which means the gangs are all white and use super-soakers in drive byes. Either that or they got caught drinking Dr.Pepper.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 08-01-2015, 08:51 PM
I need a blow job

I guess I see it differently... I don't understand how people can take gang violence lightly. I guess I understand getting a kick out of making fun of Utah and Mormons - I grew up there (and I don't ever want to live there again!) and I am one, but I personally can't take gang violence lightly, no matter where it happens. I don't mean that to be a jab at you, Kelly, I just see it differently than some people.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:05 PM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the 'who cares' camp
Fiancée to Jason
Old 08-02-2015, 12:57 AM
kind of stinky

BeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond repute

These aren't gangsters LOL. Al Capone was a gangster. These are bunch of scared wanna be "gang bangers" who are under the impression that they are cool. They are a bunch of thugs and nothing more. Killing innocent people in drive by's. Terrorizing neighborhoods of people who don't want anything to do with their life style. So is there harm in letting them starve themselves?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaCCKK View Post
These aren't gangsters LOL. Al Capone was a gangster. These are bunch of scared wanna be "gang bangers" who are under the impression that they are cool. They are a bunch of thugs and nothing more. Killing innocent people in drive by's. Terrorizing neighborhoods of people who don't want anything to do with their life style. So is there harm in letting them starve themselves?

I get this, I really do. But I just...maybe it's because I spent a week living with girls in a gang who were just terrified punk-ass kids that didn't believe there could ever be anything else for them other than their affiliation.
We watch ~POOP~ like Freedom Writers and we feel bad for the kids
We watch Orange is the New Black and form emotional bonds to fictional characters who have done horrible things and we root for them because we get their back story...we see them as a whole "person"
But when it's a half-ass reported news story about actual, real live people whose stories we don't know, not even a little, we say "tough ~POOP~ you dirtbag" and go on with our lives.
I don't get it

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 08-02-2015, 02:58 AM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
I guess I see it differently... I don't understand how people can take gang violence lightly. I guess I understand getting a kick out of making fun of Utah and Mormons - I grew up there (and I don't ever want to live there again!) and I am one, but I personally can't take gang violence lightly, no matter where it happens. I don't mean that to be a jab at you, Kelly, I just see it differently than some people.
oh I care! I"m sort of in the "so who cares ift hey go on hunger strike?" camp
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 08-02-2015, 03:04 AM
I need a blow job

Kelly, my comment was directed more at the person whose comment you quoted, I guess. IDK, as I said my initial reaction was "so, who cares if they choose to starve?" but I dunno.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:54 PM
kind of stinky

BeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond reputeBeccaCCKK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulChaos View Post
I get this, I really do. But I just...maybe it's because I spent a week living with girls in a gang who were just terrified punk-ass kids that didn't believe there could ever be anything else for them other than their affiliation.
We watch Orange is the New Black and form emotional bonds to fictional characters who have done horrible things and we root for them because we get their back story...we see them as a whole "person"
But when it's a half-ass reported news story about actual, real live people whose stories we don't know, not even a little, we say "tough ~POOP~ you dirtbag" and go on with our lives.
I don't get it
Yeah I get that people commit crimes. And most have a target. I cannot in any way get behind a crime that revolves around killing innocent people. I have a cousin who did serious time for manslaughter. It would have been murder if the intended target was killed. He got his life right with the Lord and I have forgiven him and am over the hate and dislike I had for him. He now does Prison ministry and helps them turn their lives around. These guys aren't reforming or even wanting a new life. Most get sent to jail to recruit new gang members.

I may be in the minority but I don't feel sorry for these thugs who have ripped apart innocent families in their quests. Even their own mothers and fathers who raised them much better than this. Prison documentaries are one of my favorites and I watch them more than anything else. They have opened my eyes a bit. Do I love OITNB of course. But that is all fictional and I treat it as such. Most of their stories do paint a backstory of things that just went wrong. Not intentions to kill, steal, and destroy everything in their paths. That is what thugs do.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:11 PM
molesting the number 8.
AKA: Banyan Tree Diapers

My Mood: Tired
Dalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Is it wrong that a huff post commenter made me chuckle when he said:
These scamps are adorable! It's Utah, which means the gangs are all white and use super-soakers in drive byes. Either that or they got caught drinking Dr.Pepper.
I take issue with the commenter idea that because an area is all white, the crime is nothing to worry about. I bought my cabin in a 95% white town, and let me tell you that although there are no gangs, there are many more meth busts than in Miami, and well, the child abuse stories that I read coming out of that little town are horrific.
And let's not forget that kid that shot the mom a few months ago in Reno or some place like that. It seemed like a pretty normal white suburb but then you had people using the local playground to tell drugs.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulChaos View Post
I don't get it
I'm pretty sure a good writer and director and actors could make a movie about a child rapists and make me feel like he is a "whole person". Movies are meant to manipulate our feelings. Just because I can be entertained by OITNB doesn't mean I want people like that freed.

Last edited by Dalila; 08-03-2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN