ClothDiaperNation
 

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Entertainment Zone > Read All About It.

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-22-2015, 01:55 AM
Messy Messy is offline
I likes it when you reprimand me
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,628
My Mood: Sweettooth
Rep Power: 0
Messy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

On Josh's page, he shared the statements. We are friends on facebook and I was shocked, to say the least. I've not read the police report. I do commend him for not mentioning his sisters though. He absolutely is trying to keep the focus of this on him, IMO. Also, as someone else pointed out online, he was 14, the girls were probably his age or maybe a year younger. I'm not sure who the other victims are and off hand I am not sure if he had 5 sisters at age 14.
This just completely blew my mind. I'm afraid it is going to taint the imagine of large homeschooling families forever We were a large homeschooling family and loved every minute of it. And there was no abuse. This is not the norm... Sadly most won't see that.
~~~~~~~
Also... He was a child. He was 14. He probably would not have "gone to prison". Heavens only knows what he would learn in a juvenile correction facility/system. I have had kids that went there and learned so much worse while feeling abandoned and unwanted and unloved because their "sins" could never be forgiven. They were foster kids. It is sad to see a child in the system...
__________________
~*~Messy~*~





Last edited by Messy; 05-22-2015 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
  #32  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:06 AM
mandy_moo's Avatar
mandy_moo mandy_moo is offline
I need a blow job
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 11,086
My Mood: Happy
Rep Power: 5936
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I noticed in the police report that the dad and the elders of their church discussed not sending him to correctional places because he would learn WORSE behaviors from the other people at the correctional place. Nobody wins in this horrific kind of situation, but the victims very least of all
__________________
Mandy C





  #33  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:07 AM
yellowitchgrl's Avatar
yellowitchgrl yellowitchgrl is offline
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,291
My Mood: Balanced
Rep Power: 3107
yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I was saying it more for shock value.

Whatever facility he would have been sent to, if they'd forced the issue, would not have been any kind of second chance. It would have been almost surely a death sentence.

These crimes are horrible, but in the eyes of God a sin is a sin. Forgiveness flows the same way.

I've done horrible, stupid, awful things in my life. We all have. To say that we haven't is a lie. I've done illegal things. I speed every day. I put people's lives in jeopardy by doing that. No one throws a book at me. There is NO justification for his behavior. There is no justification for mine. I should get my lazy ass out of the house 10 minutes earlier and stop speeding. If I condemn him for all eternity, never to forgive, I'm not really living my faith, so in that way, I get where the Duggars are coming from.
~~~~~~~
not literal death, but death to any kind of normal life***
__________________
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.

Last edited by yellowitchgrl; 05-22-2015 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
  #34  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:25 AM
yellowitchgrl's Avatar
yellowitchgrl yellowitchgrl is offline
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,291
My Mood: Balanced
Rep Power: 3107
yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
I noticed in the police report that the dad and the elders of their church discussed not sending him to correctional places because he would learn WORSE behaviors from the other people at the correctional place. Nobody wins in this horrific kind of situation, but the victims very least of all
agreed
__________________
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
  #35  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:34 AM
Messy Messy is offline
I likes it when you reprimand me
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,628
My Mood: Sweettooth
Rep Power: 0
Messy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Sarah, I knew what you meant I was going by a lot of people online commenting. Interestingly enough, Josh's personal page is staying pretty positive. He seems to have a lot of support.
Does anyone know the ages of the girls??? Wrong or right, IMO, if the girls were his age (or at least close, as I know some of his sisters are), it feels different because they were older and maybe it wasn't as disturbing as I am reading on websites? Like one said he fondled when he would read a book to her on his lap. Well, a 14 yr old would not have his 13 yr old sister sitting on his lap... I need an age layout of those kids 12 years ago. I don't remember right off hand. What I am feebly getting at, is I look at it very differently if we are talking little girls/babies. I mean it could have been sexual exploration together and then felt guilty but not if the child was not very close to his age. A toddler cannot explore with a 14 yr old, KWIM? Am I making any sense? I'm tired. But I need interesting conversations with opinions! I like lively discussions! Even when I am sooo tired
__________________
~*~Messy~*~




  #36  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:38 AM
QueenRainbow QueenRainbow is offline
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 10,248
My Mood: Scurvy
Rep Power: 3052
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I haven't seen any ages or amount of girls.
__________________
Kelly
"There is freedom waiting for you, On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, What if you fly?

― Erin Hanson

  #37  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:46 AM
yellowitchgrl's Avatar
yellowitchgrl yellowitchgrl is offline
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,291
My Mood: Balanced
Rep Power: 3107
yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I just looked
Age 14, he had sisters who were
13, 11, 10, 9 then the next was 5, 4

The other in between were brothers
__________________
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
  #38  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:47 AM
debcita429 debcita429 is offline
300 Posts and nothing funny?
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 302
Rep Power: 0
debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I always appreciate hearing the variety of perspectives you can gain on these pages. Since one of my sisters and a number of my friends have large homeschooling family I can see the fear that this will be extrapolated onto large homeschooling families, which would be sad. I do feel the response was broken but not nearly as broken as the way other strict families I've known have handled things. There is much to respect here. Also, I agree that the juvie system is scary, and if they felt that was the inevitable course, they may have been scared to take proper action. Passing this off as teenage mistakes among other things will never, ever sit well with me, and I do still hope that, among other things, re-evaluation among some conservative communities might come of this. For instance, the Duggar's follow the teachings of ATI. Although they are actually quite moderate as familes that follow ATI go, here is a look at how that religious group (ATI) views sexual assault. These are from somewhat older materials but, from what folks who have been in ATI have told me, should still be quite representative, scarily so: http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2014/...ult-and-abuse/ Please note, I dearly and desperately hope that the counseling received was professional counseling not the sort of counseling depicted on one of the pages scanned here (where counseling starts with looking at yourself to see if there is a fault on account of which God allowed you to become a victim and ends with surrendering the incidents to God). I have high hopes that it was better counseling than that, since the Duggars seem to be more balanced than some ATI families.
__________________
Unusually Strong but Gentle Deodorants, Diapersticks & Essential Oil Products: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
  #39  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:53 AM
debcita429 debcita429 is offline
300 Posts and nothing funny?
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 302
Rep Power: 0
debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy View Post
Sarah, I knew what you meant I was going by a lot of people online commenting. Interestingly enough, Josh's personal page is staying pretty positive. He seems to have a lot of support.
Does anyone know the ages of the girls??? Wrong or right, IMO, if the girls were his age (or at least close, as I know some of his sisters are), it feels different because they were older and maybe it wasn't as disturbing as I am reading on websites? Like one said he fondled when he would read a book to her on his lap. Well, a 14 yr old would not have his 13 yr old sister sitting on his lap... I need an age layout of those kids 12 years ago. I don't remember right off hand. What I am feebly getting at, is I look at it very differently if we are talking little girls/babies. I mean it could have been sexual exploration together and then felt guilty but not if the child was not very close to his age. A toddler cannot explore with a 14 yr old, KWIM? Am I making any sense? I'm tired. But I need interesting conversations with opinions! I like lively discussions! Even when I am sooo tired

Although it seems clear that there was an age difference here, you bring up a good point in that some "playing doctor" (taking a peek at privates) among same age children can be considered more normal. When it is not forced and there is not the power disparity of different ages, it is a different scenario. Therapists say that an age difference of three or more years for looking is abusive/damaging and suggests a deep problem.
__________________
Unusually Strong but Gentle Deodorants, Diapersticks & Essential Oil Products: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
  #40  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:56 AM
mandy_moo's Avatar
mandy_moo mandy_moo is offline
I need a blow job
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 11,086
My Mood: Happy
Rep Power: 5936
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Although it seems clear that there was an age difference here, you bring up a good point in that some "playing doctor" (taking a peek at privates) among same age children can be considered more normal. When it is not forced and there is not the power disparity of different ages, it is a different scenario. Therapists say that an age difference of three or more years for looking is abusive/damaging and suggests a deep problem.
I don't think it was mutual, though, from what I read in the police report. The abuse happened while the girls were sleeping.
__________________
Mandy C





  #41  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:05 AM
yeswehave8 yeswehave8 is offline
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Way down South where the cotton grows
Posts: 10,680
My Mood: Question
Rep Power: 4821
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
With the spotlight on them and the mudslinging already happening, no wonder they wanted the records destroyed. I consider it dicey though to ever destroy the records of sexual assault. It is not a matter of forgiveness but an ability to hold someone accountable and transparent on the details for the sake of those with whom they will work in the future. I know Christian counselors well--ones who believe in the power of transformation--but all of them believe that this sort of behavior has deeper roots than are ever really fully removed. Also with some of the sisters presumably still quite young and no doubt being encouraged by mom and dad to move past it, they may not have had an adult chance to really process what they feel is best.
Here is my only problem with that statement... why do the girls, as adults now themselves, NOT have the right to let it go into oblivion if they so chose? How is it fair to force them to face this all again in the name of justice and transparency? As the victims, I truly believe it is their right to ask that the records be destroyed in an effort to move on.

IF all 5 victims were his sisters, the youngest of them is 17 now, meaning she was only 4 at the time. The thing is, I've read in other places that one of the incidences (maybe w multiple victims) was actually at a friend's house and with their friend's daughters... I've seen episodes where they've visited the Bates family a few times. That being said, Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger are all within 6 years of Josh.

The whole thing makes me sad, but I'll admit that Josh has always rubbed me wrong, too. Never was quite sure why, but I've never really liked the kid. Still, it seems the family stepped up and did what they could. This was not just swept under the rug. How many of us were abused and our abusers NEVER received any sort of consequence? I'd say more than a few! I am not in any way defending him, but the girls do not deserve the negative attention at all and it seems like the family made an effort to address the situation. With this family structure, that alone is impressive.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Crissi, married to my best friend, making memories with the last 4 of our 8... DD 17, Hannah 11, Will 9 and our baby Benji who is 6!! :speechless:

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(
  #42  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:12 AM
mandy_moo's Avatar
mandy_moo mandy_moo is offline
I need a blow job
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 11,086
My Mood: Happy
Rep Power: 5936
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswehave8 View Post
Here is my only problem with that statement... why do the girls, as adults now themselves, NOT have the right to let it go into oblivion if they so chose? How is it fair to force them to face this all again in the name of justice and transparency? As the victims, I truly believe it is their right to ask that the records be destroyed in an effort to move on.

IF all 5 victims were his sisters, the youngest of them is 17 now, meaning she was only 4 at the time. The thing is, I've read in other places that one of the incidences (maybe w multiple victims) was actually at a friend's house and with their friend's daughters... I've seen episodes where they've visited the Bates family a few times. That being said, Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger are all within 6 years of Josh.

The whole thing makes me sad, but I'll admit that Josh has always rubbed me wrong, too. Never was quite sure why, but I've never really liked the kid. Still, it seems the family stepped up and did what they could. This was not just swept under the rug. How many of us were abused and our abusers NEVER received any sort of consequence? I'd say more than a few! I am not in any way defending him, but the girls do not deserve the negative attention at all and it seems like the family made an effort to address the situation. With this family structure, that alone is impressive.
My sister said the same thing, that he always creeped her out.

I find it so upsetting that people are attacking the victims. It is devastating enough that they were abused, and then to face all this... it's disgusting.
__________________
Mandy C





  #43  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:17 AM
urchin_grey's Avatar
urchin_grey urchin_grey is offline
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 12,540
My Mood: Doh
Rep Power: 5231
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
He states that he knew he would ruin his life if he kept going down that path. No mention of what he was doing to his SISTERS' lives. I cannot respect that statement.
Yep. And he kept referring to it as a "teenage mistake". Stealing your dad's booze is a teenage mistake. Digitally raping your sister in her sleep is not a ~FARK~ing mistake.

And it's one thing for a survivor to put their assault behind them... understandable. But how in the hell does one do that when the attacker is their brother and lives in the same house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
I was saying it more for shock value.

Whatever facility he would have been sent to, if they'd forced the issue, would not have been any kind of second chance. It would have been almost surely a death sentence.

These crimes are horrible, but in the eyes of God a sin is a sin. Forgiveness flows the same way.

I've done horrible, stupid, awful things in my life. We all have. To say that we haven't is a lie. I've done illegal things. I speed every day. I put people's lives in jeopardy by doing that. No one throws a book at me. There is NO justification for his behavior. There is no justification for mine. I should get my lazy ass out of the house 10 minutes earlier and stop speeding. If I condemn him for all eternity, never to forgive, I'm not really living my faith, so in that way, I get where the Duggars are coming from.
~~~~~~~
not literal death, but death to any kind of normal life***
But if the Duggars truly believed as you do, then they wouldn't be such activists against equal rights.

Seriously, how DARE they speak out against the right of same sex, consenting adults to marry while there was incest going on under their own roof.

They disgust me.
__________________

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

  #44  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:28 AM
QueenRainbow QueenRainbow is offline
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 10,248
My Mood: Scurvy
Rep Power: 3052
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswehave8 View Post
Here is my only problem with that statement... why do the girls, as adults now themselves, NOT have the right to let it go into oblivion if they so chose? How is it fair to force them to face this all again in the name of justice and transparency? As the victims, I truly believe it is their right to ask that the records be destroyed in an effort to move on.

IF all 5 victims were his sisters, the youngest of them is 17 now, meaning she was only 4 at the time. The thing is, I've read in other places that one of the incidences (maybe w multiple victims) was actually at a friend's house and with their friend's daughters... I've seen episodes where they've visited the Bates family a few times. That being said, Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger are all within 6 years of Josh.

The whole thing makes me sad, but I'll admit that Josh has always rubbed me wrong, too. Never was quite sure why, but I've never really liked the kid. Still, it seems the family stepped up and did what they could. This was not just swept under the rug. How many of us were abused and our abusers NEVER received any sort of consequence? I'd say more than a few! I am not in any way defending him, but the girls do not deserve the negative attention at all and it seems like the family made an effort to address the situation. With this family structure, that alone is impressive.
I agree with everything you said here.

I also wondered if any of the victims were Bates girls or Cousin Amy.
__________________
Kelly
"There is freedom waiting for you, On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, What if you fly?

― Erin Hanson

  #45  
Old 05-22-2015, 04:14 AM
CommieVegan CommieVegan is offline
"hot and tasty" sounds a little bit dirty to me.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: down in the valley
Posts: 9,302
My Mood: Fine
Rep Power: 0
CommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
With the spotlight on them and the mudslinging already happening, no wonder they wanted the records destroyed. I consider it dicey though to ever destroy the records of sexual assault. It is not a matter of forgiveness but an ability to hold someone accountable and transparent on the details for the sake of those with whom they will work in the future. I know Christian counselors well--ones who believe in the power of transformation--but all of them believe that this sort of behavior has deeper roots than are ever really fully removed. Also with some of the sisters presumably still quite young and no doubt being encouraged by mom and dad to move past it, they may not have had an adult chance to really process what they feel is best. And I think that should always be granted to victims. The statute of limitations has its problems.
Yes yes yes yes a million times yes. Speaking as someone who knows someone who . . . well, I feel like it's critical to preserve the records, even if the victims have forgiven, because these behaviors have a tendency pop up in so many craptastic different ways in the future. Neighbors, friends, extended family members--these people have a right to know what Josh was accused of and make decisions based on those facts.

Quote:
Overall, I really respect most of what was shared in this article. That his family and he expected transparency while he was courting says good things. Fondling the genitals and breasts of five sisters absolutely is not a teenage mistake though; that is a deep issue. Couching it that way seems to me to make less of what the girls went through or the depth of psychological imbalance that was occurring.
Again, yes. This is not your average, relatively-harmless, teenage mistake. This is about someone has absorbed or been taught about boundaries; respect; the right of others to their bodily self-determination; what is normal sexual behavior and what is not; and consent.

It enrages me.
__________________
Catherine, mama to Biggest Sister 9/08, Boy-o 3/11, and Girl Twinlets 2/14

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger