ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Entertainment Zone > The Library

Notices

Old 10-05-2015, 11:35 PM
I am SO EXCITED!!

My Mood: Stressed
Treighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond repute

Huh. This sounds interesting!! I'm really in a "get rid of it all"
Phase

Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 AM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

I need dis.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:18 PM
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once

My Mood: Balanced
yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

so my library has 64 copies of this book, just the paperback mind you, (they also have the ebooks and audio), and there are 233 requests on it.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) Baby (12-16-17)
Baby (5-1-18)

WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Knitting bags, and Affordable Weighted Blankets.
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:41 PM
I have never seen anyone do it the other way.
AKA: Agla on DS

My Mood: Apelike
bklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
so my library has 64 copies of this book, just the paperback mind you, (they also have the ebooks and audio), and there are 233 requests on it.
It's fascinating that such a simple little book has resonated with so many people.

I really can't get into the personification of objects. I won't be thanking my socks for their service at the end of the day. I do know that I've been trying to teach my kids respect for their belongings and I think that is what the author or trying to convey.

I must report that my attitude about getting dressed has changed in the morning because I'm no longer looking for things. I know exactly what I have and where it is.

On Sunday I got inspired to dress like Olivia the pig (don't laugh), not even five minutes later I had my red coat, black skirt, black and white striped shirt and black skirt out.

I really recommend the closet organization techniques.

Even my four year old is doing much better with not wrecking his closet
~~~~~~~
I just wanted to add that there are tons of YouTube videos that teach the folding techniques and I find those much easier to follow than the book for the practical application.

I'm earning easy Amazon GCs with PerkTV
Like vintage treasures? A Minor Extravagance

Go buy yourself some Soft Stars; your feet will thank you.

Last edited by bklyngirl; 10-06-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-06-2015, 07:28 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Our local library doesn't have it at all. In the whole system there is 243 holds on 55 copies, none of which are local.

Although the library 30 mins from here does have 1 copy which is currently checked out. My friend works there so I've messaged her to see if there are any holds on it
~~~~~~~
In the meantime, I joined the Konmari Adventures group, and have been watching youtube videos

― Erin Hanson

Last edited by QueenRainbow; 10-06-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 PM

bklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond repute

It would be cool to share some progress pics as people undergo the progress.

I just wanted to share one of my drawers. I wish I had a before pic. I'll tell you a bit about what it was like before. I had my t-shirts stacked the usual way.

Basically, I wore whatever was on top and the drawers are super deep so anything on the bottom was never worn. My socks were in a tote in my closet because I had no place for them.

After Konamri:

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...psvab9gh0r.jpg

I realize that the bulk of my T-shirts are trashed. I got rid of anything stained, stretched out or just not my color.

I went through my socks and now they fit nicely in the same drawer. It's pretty easy to find the ones I need and being a child of the 80's it helps with cyborgs to coordinate my socks to my shirt.

T shirts are sorted by short sleeve and long sleeve.

This was done at the beginning of last month and has been maintained without much work.

My only issue is that I like black. It's hard to tell the difference between black t shirts but I love them all for different reasons so I'm holding on to them

Old 10-07-2015, 01:52 AM
I likes it when you reprimand me

My Mood: Sweettooth
Messy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond reputeMessy has a reputation beyond repute

Clothing is the arch nemesis of big families IMO We always have lots of laundry. We always have clothes in many different sizes. We always have my entire bedroom covered in everyone's clothing no matter how hard I try to stop it (Except Zach. He has been doing his own laundry since age 5 or so.) I have to try this. The younger 3 boys all got new cabinets to keep their clothes in and I put baskets in them for their underwear and socks. I need to learn to give it up and get it out.
Must buy this book... I will take a before and after of my laundry disaster.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 AM
I wear a bra to keep them pointed forward.

My Mood: Dead
TheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond repute

I put myself in line for the ebook through my library. In the meantime, I joined the Konmari Adventures group and have been looking at videos. I know I started out of order but I did my toiletries this morning and my bathroom is so much nicer and I no longer have to move items to get what I want out of the cabinet.

WAHM of The Eli Monster-swell things for swell babies
Old 10-07-2015, 03:29 AM
I can't buy those kind of farts, I am far above that.

My Mood: Inspired
GreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond reputeGreenMimama has a reputation beyond repute

I listened to most of it, I like the concept, in the midst of moving now and I really wish I would have done more beforehand. Honestly I've been minimizing for years, but there is still so much more to do.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:51 AM

I have no idea why my post before has the word cyborg in it. Autocorrect in overdrive I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy View Post
Clothing is the arch nemesis of big families IMO We always have lots of laundry. We always have clothes in many different sizes. We always have my entire bedroom covered in everyone's clothing no matter how hard I try to stop it (Except Zach. He has been doing his own laundry since age 5 or so.) I have to try this. The younger 3 boys all got new cabinets to keep their clothes in and I put baskets in them for their underwear and socks. I need to learn to give it up and get it out.
Must buy this book... I will take a before and after of my laundry disaster.
I know your pain as I have a big family too. The laundry never stops.Things are always coming in and out. I also don't want a set up that requires my assistance to get dressed even for the just turned four year old. I get their clothes to them but they need to manage from there.

I really want to get my hands on my daughter's closet and drawers but she's at the age where she needs to get on board on her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEliMonster View Post
I put myself in line for the ebook through my library. In the meantime, I joined the Konmari Adventures group and have been looking at videos. I know I started out of order but I did my toiletries this morning and my bathroom is so much nicer and I no longer have to move items to get what I want out of the cabinet.
I'm tackling that next. I did a makeup up purge but the skincare and other stuff needs a better system.

I also don't really work if I'm not exactly doing things exactly Konmari or in different order. The way I see it everything I manage to do is progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMimama View Post
I listened to most of it, I like the concept, in the midst of moving now and I really wish I would have done more beforehand. Honestly I've been minimizing for years, but there is still so much more to do.
I've been on a minimalist trajectory. My dh is naturally minimalist. I struggle. I have so much less than when we first married but like you pointed out there is still so much to be done.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM
I wear a bra to keep them pointed forward.

My Mood: Dead
TheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like we live a minimal lifestyle too (everything we own with the exception of our car will fit into a 24' truck-including my entire business, bikes, moped, etc) but after living a *truly* minimal lifestyle this summer (everything we used for 3 months fit into the trunk or roof rack of a VW Jetta) I came home and feel totally claustrophobic and like the house is going to cave in on me. I spent the majority of the first 2 weeks back sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of our yard b/c I couldn't stand to be inside with all that "stuff."

I hope to KM the crud out of this house and get comfortable in it again.

WAHM of The Eli Monster-swell things for swell babies
Old 10-07-2015, 04:04 PM
all I can think about are intestinal worms, if I have them,
and if it's better just to have them in there and not know...
or know and have them come out.
AKA: SweetPeaMama09

My Mood: Fine
Stef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm done with clothes and I'm moving on to books. I am going to do our books with Dan tonight, and the kid books with Lucy this afternoon. I JUST finished cookbooks...I had almost 100. I'm keeping 48 and letting go of 45. It feels awesome.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

So I opened up 2 kitchen cabinets, took 2 trash bags- one marked trash and one marked donation and completely emptied them. The only thing left is my dutch oven, cake carrier, and a large thanksgiving plate. Also cleaned up the cabinet under the sink. I filled one trash bag of trash and 2 bags and a box of donation stuff

― Erin Hanson

Old 10-07-2015, 08:51 PM

Wow you guys are awesome!

Old 10-08-2015, 08:40 AM
all I can think about are intestinal worms, if I have them,
and if it's better just to have them in there and not know...
or know and have them come out.
AKA: SweetPeaMama09

My Mood: Fine
Stef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond repute

So after tackling cookbooks this morning, I was feeling really inspired, and instead of just watching TV after the girls were in bed, Dan and I worked on our books. And let me tell you, that's a LOT of books. Between us easily 1,000 or more.

One of the guiding principles of the process is to go through your belongings by category, and gathering them all in one place before you start so you can REALLY SEE how much you have of one thing, be it books, clothes, spatulas, whatever.

There was a bit of eye rolling as we brought every single book (except cookbooks: done, and kid books, to do tomorrow) into the living room. This is shelves and shelves of books: fiction, paperbacks, old textbooks from college, knitting books, the whole shebang. We LOVE books and love to read, and honestly love the feeling of being surrounded my books. I don't do e-books, and we loved used book sales, so things were a bit out of control.

That said: we live in a VERY small house. My husband works at a college where I can get a hard copy of almost any book I could every want to read very easily. Expired editions of old journalism text books that I Haven't looked at in 15 years do not spark joy in my life. There are books I will never get around to reading, time to release them to someone who will. Why do I have a tattered paperback copy of a book I read one time? If I love it so much I can find a better, used copy to keep on a shelf.

We worked together and got rid of SO many books. Dan let go of a lot of paperback scifi books he won't ever read again, I let go of some knitting books I honestly don't LOVE (hello, Rav!), and so many other books I know I'll never get around to reading.

Most are being donated, but I'm going to look into selling a few that might have some value, just to put a little money back into the pot for some things we really want and need around the house. I can't believe we did that all in one night!