ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Entertainment Zone > The Library

Notices

Old 07-03-2015, 01:24 AM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

I so badly wanted to love this book. I feel like I shouldve. My gram gave it to me. I appreciated it, but it took me a while to get through. Over 2 months.

I think it would have resonated with me more if I were interested in the literature she constantly dissects throughout the entire memoir. I found the memoir to be choppy and disorienting, but I enjoyed parts of it. Gaining insight to what the educated women went through during the Islamic Revolution was saddening. I wish she would have let us connect more with her students.
Fiancée to Jason
Old 07-03-2015, 06:06 AM
"hot and tasty" sounds a little bit dirty to me.

My Mood: Fine
CommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond repute

I read it a loonnnnnnng time ago and while I liked it, I was a little bit lost since I haven't read Lolita, and I don't think I ever will.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 AM
I have never seen anyone do it the other way.
AKA: Agla on DS

My Mood: Apelike
bklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop_333 View Post
I so badly wanted to love this book. I feel like I shouldve. My gram gave it to me. I appreciated it, but it took me a while to get through. Over 2 months.

I think it would have resonated with me more if I were interested in the literature she constantly dissects throughout the entire memoir. I found the memoir to be choppy and disorienting, but I enjoyed parts of it. Gaining insight to what the educated women went through during the Islamic Revolution was saddening. I wish she would have let us connect more with her students.
Read it a long time ago. I was interested in the literature. I still felt like you did.

One of the books that I felt I should have loved but never connected with.

I'm earning easy Amazon GCs with PerkTV
Like vintage treasures? A Minor Extravagance

Go buy yourself some Soft Stars; your feet will thank you.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:35 PM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like you had to have read Lolita, The Great Gatsby, Madame Bovary, and a couple of others in order to connect with what she was trying to say. I felt like skimming a lot of the parts where she just droned on and on about the literature, and I *never* feel that way when I read.
Fiancée to Jason
Old 07-04-2015, 08:12 AM
I have never seen anyone do it the other way.
AKA: Agla on DS

My Mood: Apelike
bklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond reputebklyngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop_333 View Post
I feel like you had to have read Lolita, The Great Gatsby, Madame Bovary, and a couple of others in order to connect with what she was trying to say. I felt like skimming a lot of the parts where she just droned on and on about the literature, and I *never* feel that way when I read.
I read most of the works and I still had a hard time connecting. Literary criticism aside she offered only a few glimpses that stood out for me on how brutal the regime had become for women and you had to dig deep to get to what I thought the book was going to focus on.
~~~~~~~
It also could just have been that the professor rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm earning easy Amazon GCs with PerkTV
Like vintage treasures? A Minor Extravagance

Go buy yourself some Soft Stars; your feet will thank you.

Last edited by bklyngirl; 07-04-2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN