ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Entertainment Zone > The Library

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

My Mood: Amused
Dana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond reputeDana has a reputation beyond repute

it is on my wish nook list
Old 03-15-2012, 01:54 PM
wiry in texture

My Mood: Sweettooth
KRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond reputeKRusso has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that it was published by a tiny australian publishing company and bigger publishers are trying to procure the rights to publish it again...hopefully they will edit it before they do so.

Mom of 3 and a certified knit-aholic
Now dyeing Mosaic Moon Trim Yarns!
KimberlyR & KR Dyeworks
Necessitae
Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't want to smell what comes out of my ass

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
I just read that this was originally Twilight fanfic and she changed the names to publish it
I'll definitely skip it then
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/Intern. Working on my license
Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
peeing while standing up is easy

My Mood: Fine
Nikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond repute

I read it when it was MOTU and didn't finish it.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 AM
she's a lizardperson

My Mood: Bookworm
Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinmom View Post
It was Master of the Universe if you read fanfiction. I haven't read 50 Shades. I liked the ff, thought it was hot, but you expect that not to be the greatest editing and such.

Only Harry Potter fanfic written by one particular person

And yeah, fanfic editing is one thing, but still. I think what gets me is that her HUSBAND edited it. I'd make damn sure to do the best job humanly possible for my dh for anything. While you see occasional errors even in mass published books (Laurell Hamilton comes to mind...), this is bad

In my OP I did say well written- at that point I was about 1/3 of the way through, I don't think I had gotten to sex yet? But I enjoyed the story in the beginning, mostly the college & job hunting stuff I guess.

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 AM
she's a lizardperson

Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute

From http://www.npr.org/2012/03/15/148605...-sexiest-trend

Quote:
Publishing has a new unlikely heroine: an unknown author named E L James who recently scored a seven-figure book deal with Vintage Books to publish her erotica trilogy, Fifty Shades of Grey.

A few years ago, E L James posted a novel called Master of the Universe on the same site. It retold Stephenie Meyer's Twilight — with X-rated scenes. In the original, Bella Swan meets Edward Cullen, a wealthy hunk who turns out to be a vampire; in Master of the Universe, Edward is a wealthy hunk who turns out to be a sex evangelist.

Following this success, James removed the Twilight-specific material and repurposed the book as straight erotica. She sold hundreds of thousands of copies of Fifty Shades of Grey before a major publishing house courted her
I just think that's kind of...odd. Yeah, she removed the info that makes it a fanfic, but it still seems just odd that it started that way and now she's got a 7 figure deal for it.

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders
Old 03-17-2012, 02:26 AM
I only put it in all the way when I get an itch.

travelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond repute

I was just coming here to share this. I don't know how I feel about this. One hand good for her for self publishing, then making so much money on an ebook. It's great to see that ebooks are a viable publishing option. On the other hand, she basically made her money off another authors work. And it's not like some authors who say that "so and so" was their inspiration. She flat out stole the characters from the book.

Swype is not my friend, please ignore my autocorrect issues.

WAHM behind Elaina's 10% off your order with the code CDN10

Shattered Fragments of Light

FB for Me
Follow Me![/COLOR]
Cyber-hitched to Drea and Katie.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:39 AM
Rimming makes me giggle in a very naughty perverted way.

My Mood: Artistic
Lolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond reputeLolanae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinmom View Post
I was just coming here to share this. I don't know how I feel about this. One hand good for her for self publishing, then making so much money on an ebook. It's great to see that ebooks are a viable publishing option. On the other hand, she basically made her money off another authors work. And it's not like some authors who say that "so and so" was their inspiration. She flat out stole the characters from the book.
This totally turns me off to wanting to read it.
Cyber-Wifey to Kristen and Chas!!!

Geeky and TwistedMoody Rainbow Crafts
Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 AM
she's a lizardperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolanae View Post
This totally turns me off to wanting to read it.

Yeah- I had NO idea of any of this when I read it! I probably would not have if I had. I read that it was "Twilight for adults" but took that to mean love triangle (so far not much of a triangle really, welll then again theres a "hes like my brother" char that is in love with Ana *cough* but he's really not around much) and that it created the same type of obsession as Twilight. I didn't understand it meant she literally changed the names of chars in Twilight fanfic to squeak by the legal issue. As I read it I kept commenting to dh that it seemed like Edward & Bella's personalities, and he was like why are you reading it? I said, cause everyone else is I had to see the hype for myself! Plus I've read Carrie's Story, The Story of O, the Sleeping Beauty trilogy..at least one thing I was right about, this is tame in comparison, if I read those I can read this.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 AM
a vulva fairy!
If the titty fairy is coming, she needs to be coming to my house first.
AKA: SAHM108

My Mood: Sleepy
BackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond repute

I totally support the writing and sharing of fanfiction, for free. I think it's a great way for fans to connect, and for reluctant writers to gain some confidence. As long as the sites that host this sharing conform to the original artist's wishes (Anne Rice and BDB come to mind as ones who have requested no online sharing of ff) then I don't see a problem with it. I've heard of Stephanie Meyer linking fanfiction on her site, and even entering a fanfiction contest.

But profiting, especially in such a large way, from another person's imagination, hard work, and marketing really turns me off.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 AM
she's a lizardperson

I just got books 2 and 3 (fifty shades darker, and freed). I'm too OCD to not finish a series I guess.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
she's a lizardperson

I finished books 2 and 3. Interesting. The BDSM def. dies out for the most part (following a story arc). There's a few side character storylines that never get finished. The big bad dude of book 3 just made me roll my eyes. It's weird. She totally took the Twilight characters, personalities, and backgrounds but I can't tell how much of the story would be parallel or if I'm just biased because I know it was Twilight fanfic and I hate Twilight.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Personally I ENJOY whoring it up with random men and women.

My Mood: Stressed
hippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond reputehippoteeth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
I just got books 2 and 3 (fifty shades darker, and freed). I'm too OCD to not finish a series I guess.
This is me. Actually this book was sent to me by a friend and I knew nothing about it at all when I started it. I got sucked into the storyline and then all of a sudden BAM BDSM sexytime. I was a little at first but I think overall I really enjoyed the story itself. I probably will read the other two books eventually when I earn a few more barnes & noble cards just because I need to know what happens to their relationship.

with my RMJ-(rachelmaria)
Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
she's a lizardperson

If you have an iPad (ibooks app somewhere) or Kindle (or the app somewhere) I think I can lend the books to you. I've yet to do it, but I know I can! lol

Old 04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I enjoyed all that sex and the dirty talk

My Mood: Breezy
odentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond reputeodentonmom has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who loved it?!? Sure, it has some issues. It's not destined to become a classic. But, it's some hot stuff. Admittedly, I am a Twilight fan and there are some similarities. Some phrases and ideas that were taken directly from Twilight, but so much was very different. Fifty does not feel like Edward to me, he is way more flawed and not so selfless. I liked the complex, screwed up love story of it.

Some plot elements and the ending are predictable and at times annoying, but I read it obsessively and enjoyed it.