ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Entertainment Zone > The Library

Notices

Old 04-11-2015, 08:35 PM
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once

My Mood: Balanced
yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

Post spoilers! I want to hear what you thought
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Peeping, not posting.

My Mood: Lurking
cmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm done! Totally compelling and I absolutely love the storyline Couldn't put it down. Definite improvement from the first book on most parts. Did have a bit of a hard time with their sexual, or lack thereof, relationship. I totally understand part of it... but struggled through some parts - like when Mia is laying on Drew and he's rubbing her back. She's relaxed, enjoying it, etc, but a 19-year-old boy? With a girl laying on top of him and his hands under her shirt? Yeah. I suspect there's something obvious between them and the total lack of acknowledgment of that made me feel like it was trying too much - and maybe it's just because it's supposed to be a YA book, so I guess that's the way it is. I know he respects her and her feelings and not wanting to push her at all but I felt like that something was being ignored.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:43 PM
CoOp Hostess

yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

You beat me to it

Yeah, their relationship goes to the next level in book three, but I can see what you're saying. The sex thing between them... it isn't so much that they haven't moved beyond heavily making out, it's that I didn't discuss it.

I kept the details out because while I don't mind writing about sex (I do in the third book), if I'm going to be explicit about it, I want it to have a purpose to the plot. That's my own line in the sand (as it were). The third book gets an adult rating, but it's got a reason.

So, what was your favorite part? Also, what did you think about the confrontation with the soldiers? (that's what I wanted for the cover, but we couldn't find an artist in time)
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Peeping, not posting.

My Mood: Lurking
cmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved that part. I find the whole storyline very compelling. It moves well and keeps me interested all the way. While it was very emotional, I liked the part with April, as well as the dog part with Conner. Good character building. I enjoyed the development of Mia.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:17 AM
CoOp Hostess

Yay! More of Conner in book 3 I really like him as a character.

It's definitely got a faster pace. I already got a 1 star review on prison (woohoo) meh.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:02 AM
Quick someone come lactate on my feet!!

My Mood: Fiendish
MamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond reputeMamaElle has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked the part with the soldiers. I like Mia's development as she becomes strong and able to stand up for what the good of the community. I love that she is an empath and how Drew learns to trust her instincts.
I find the whole rebuilding and conflict more interesting than their individual survival, so I'm glad this book moved outside of their little world.
So many parts had me tearing up (or outright sobbing. Oh baby April )

I really like Andrew's parents and I'm glad we got to see them. I hope we get to see more of them in the next book. And I'm curious about Lena's daughter (forget her name... sorry!).

Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 AM
I need a blow job

My Mood: Happy
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

It was so good. I spent my entire day in bed reading I am glad they were able to be married, but sad her parents weren't there. I agree that it was a fantastic change of pace to see them leave the shelter and interact with others!

I can't wait to see how the new government pans out! And okay, I admit I am interested in the upcoming sex.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:53 PM
CoOp Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaElle View Post
I really liked the part with the soldiers. I like Mia's development as she becomes strong and able to stand up for what the good of the community. I love that she is an empath and how Drew learns to trust her instincts.
I find the whole rebuilding and conflict more interesting than their individual survival, so I'm glad this book moved outside of their little world.
So many parts had me tearing up (or outright sobbing. Oh baby April )

I really like Andrew's parents and I'm glad we got to see them. I hope we get to see more of them in the next book. And I'm curious about Lena's daughter (forget her name... sorry!).
I was wondering if I was going to get smacked down for Mia being an empath (and I might yet). It's something that's out of the norm in a story where it's not trying to be fantasy. I did enjoy playing their strengths off of each other and that definitely continues on into book three.

I will say there is a decent shot at seeing Andrew's parents in the third book.

Jocelynn is her name and I'll spoil you and tell you that book 4 (which has 4 parts, 4 separate POVs) starts out with her POV. I'm right now trying to arrange taking that cover shot, which has Jocelynn on the front (I need a tattered Alabama shirt to do it). While the people in the town, and to a large extent Andrew and Mia, have been sheltered through the worst of the tragedy, Jocelynn lived the full experience in some of the worst parts. She has an interesting story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
It was so good. I spent my entire day in bed reading I am glad they were able to be married, but sad her parents weren't there. I agree that it was a fantastic change of pace to see them leave the shelter and interact with others!

I can't wait to see how the new government pans out! And okay, I admit I am interested in the upcoming sex.
Can you imagine trying to write another book with just the three of them isolated? It gives me nightmares. Once was hard enough I did enjoy them getting married, but my husband informs me it was definitely a guy telling the story of the wedding.

The new government is a good bit of book three, but they also have the challenge of winter and no travel.

Annnnnd I didn't saaaay who the sex was between. Just pointing that out
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 PM
All I hAd to do was read the thread title and... Instant kegels.

My Mood: In Love
Jae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond repute

I need them to have sex. That poor boy.

I actually did not like the part with the soldiers. It seemed very rushed and far fetched. 150 guns with a year of terror and depravity in their pockets and no one fires? Not one wild card? And why didn't the soldiers stay with them if they didn't agree with the current stand of government? They went back to report?

Otherwise, I loved it. I like that communication lines are opening up. I like that there is still some mystery and a lot of desperation, but now there's a healthy dose of hope as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2015, 09:41 PM
CoOp Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
I need them to have sex. That poor boy.

I actually did not like the part with the soldiers. It seemed very rushed and far fetched. 150 guns with a year of terror and depravity in their pockets and no one fires? Not one wild card? And why didn't the soldiers stay with them if they didn't agree with the current stand of government? They went back to report?

Otherwise, I loved it. I like that communication lines are opening up. I like that there is still some mystery and a lot of desperation, but now there's a healthy dose of hope as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
What I know of military is that it takes a lot to break them and they'd continue on because they feel like it's their job. Plus, they have NO idea what the current stand of the government is. They haven't been told. They assume everyone is starving with them. They don't desert because they don't leave men behind. That isn't to say that they won't desert at some point... I'm going into the psychology of soldiers, and their brothers in arms mean everything to them. Make sense?

I couldn't go for the obvious conclusion, which was for everyone to shoot everyone else up (which allllllways happens in the movies and books) and nothing is solved. Sometimes the guy standing last "wins" but nothing is truly fixed when people shoot. That's kind of what I wanted to say. They may not have fixed anything when she offered a hand of friendship, but neither did she break anything.

I promise you that Andrew and Mia do have sex and not too terribly long after getting married. I just don't promise to show it in a lot of detail on the page
Old 04-12-2015, 10:12 PM
All I hAd to do was read the thread title and... Instant kegels.

My Mood: In Love
Jae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I get it. I'm glad they came to an agreement. It just felt like an unlikely moment. But I admit that skepticism is one of my negative qualities. I loved the book though, Sarah. Truly. I need more
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2015, 11:46 PM
CoOp Hostess

I know! I just like discussing it It was unlikely, but I did a lot of unlikely things in the story and tried to make them plausible

I still don't have any kind of a release date for book three. At the moment I don't care, but in a week I'm definitely going to be annoyed by that
Old 04-13-2015, 04:44 PM
CoOp Hostess

Just a reminder, please go leave a review *pretty please* I need better reviews if I have any shot of us hitting the sales mark to get book 3 out faster