ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Feeding

Notices

Old 06-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Stop playing with the soap!

AngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond repute

Is he thriving? I couldn't imagine him getting the food he needs without having the suck reflex. I can't see how she isn't concerned? I would hate to wait until things get much worse for the poor little one.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:46 PM
my will power isn't strong enough to turn down the beaver butt

My3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond repute

He is thriving now. He wasn't until he was 2 or 3 months old. He gets the food, just not by sucking. He squishes the nipple with his tongue. Similar to gunning it, but with his tongue.
~~~~~~~
She isn't concerned because her Doctor, who knows everything, told her there's nothing to be concerned about. That's a whole other issue I have.

Yes, I have 4 sons. No, I'm not changing my username.

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

North Star Knits is now on Facebook!

North Star Knits is on Etsy.

*Newly hitched to Holly Golightly*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
But seriously yo, don't mess with the crazy string people. COLORED STRING 4 LYFE!!

Last edited by My3sons; 06-02-2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 06-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I have had 5 guys in my mouth several times
and now I want them again.
AKA: monicajoy

My Mood: Tired
Lollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond reputeLollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamama View Post
She should get him checked for tongue/lip ties
Our pedals said Selah didn't have a tongue or lip tie. She was loosing weight and we ended up seeing a lactation consultant who diagnosed her with a lip and posterior tongue tie. We had it laser revised and the dentist that did it said it was pretty severe.

I hope she listens to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM

My3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond repute

She won't. That's why was wondering what kind of issues it could cause later. Because I know she won't do anything to fix it right now.

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

Quote:
But seriously yo, don't mess with the crazy string people. COLORED STRING 4 LYFE!!
Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM
a little too excited

My Mood: Dreaming
Mymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond repute

It definitely sounds like a tongue and or lip tie. That is really similar to what my baby was doing. She had both a posterior tongue and lip tie. Got it corrected at three weeks. It felt like knives were cutting through my nipples every time she latched . She didn't lose weight. But that is uncommon. Most regular peds might not catch a posterior tie. My ped was certified to perform frenotomies. Not fixing it can cause mild to significant speech delays and dental problems. Hope she wises up and has someone else evaluate the problem.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Mhm, mhm love me some cooter flavored candy

My Mood: Fine
EmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance one of your 4 has a dr appt where you have to bring him with soon? Then you can ask and/or say that your dr noticed that he doesn't suck and said it's a problem.

Wifey to Carly and Kristen
Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaBelle View Post
Any chance one of your 4 has a dr appt where you have to bring him with soon? Then you can ask and/or say that your dr noticed that he doesn't suck and said it's a problem.
I wish! I know he would look at it for me.

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

Quote:
Old 06-05-2015, 01:41 PM
I need a blow job

My Mood: Happy
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

Mom needs a whack with a clue by four

Old 06-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_moo View Post
Mom needs a whack with a clue by four
Agreed

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

Quote:
Old 06-05-2015, 09:21 PM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

It's *probably* a tongue or lip tie (even though her dr didn't see one), especially if he is meeting other milestones normally. I mean, it could be low muscle tone, but then he'd be not meeting other milestones. It could be a structural abnormality of the palate (my nephew had an undiagnosed partial cleft that didn't get caught until he was 5 or so), but that's much less common, I think.

DS didn't suck. I had tons and tons of milk, and he'd gnaw a bit, chomp and shake until my milk would let down, and then just latch and swallow. He gained fine, but he never really latched and sucked. It turned out that he had a severe lip tie. It was probably at least partially to blame for his bad teeth, because ties prevent saliva from circulating in the mouth normally, and saliva cleans the teeth. I didn't know he even had it until he was 4 or 5. We had it revised earlier this year, and I wish I had done it sooner. Bliss has one, too, not quite as bad. I'm debating getting hers revised really soon.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 06-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Put a bow on it and call it wrapped!

inhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond reputeinhomecare has a reputation beyond repute

He needs occupational therapy NOW. Sucking is what develops the mature airway. He likely has a tongue tie and high palate, so sucking does nothing and biting the nipple is a compensation so he can eat. He won't thrive forever like that and will likely have many oral functional issues later. As well as potential breathing issues, and subsequent sleep issues (from not breathing correctly) and this behavioral issues (from not sleeping).
Old 06-09-2015, 12:22 PM

She just told me she bought sippy cups. How in the world is he going to use a sippy cup when he doesn't suck?!?!?!?!

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

Quote:
Old 06-09-2015, 01:09 PM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

If she got ones without valves, they will drip faster than a bottle.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 06-09-2015, 02:29 PM

http://m.target.com/p/nuby-no-spill-...k/-/A-13696390

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

Quote:
Old 06-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Mhm, mhm love me some cooter flavored candy

My Mood: Fine
EmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't he only 5 months old? Poor little guy.
Posted via Mobile Device