ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Feeding

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 05:02 AM
sure does know how to show her meat off!
AKA: tyleratsgirl

My Mood: Stressed
myluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need support..

I think Evan has a tummy ache. He is pooping so much, his little butt is all red, and I can feel his stomach bubbling I'm thinking it's my milk. Does his system just have to get used to it? Or is this not normal? I'm worried and kinda scared to feed him. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable. I started using coconut oil today and it looked better for a bit, but as much as he is pooping it's just getting irritated again.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:14 AM
Deep I like it deep.

My Mood: Cheerful
MeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond repute

It's been too long that I don't remember much about tummy troubles. But I don't think he needs to get used to your milk, something you ate might be bothering him, but again it's been a while.

I know the ladies here are a wonderful resource, someone is able to help you find a solution quickly.

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~Les Brown

Autocorrect likes to change names on me, I'm sorry if I call you something else.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:55 AM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

DD2 had tummy troubles when I ate gassy foods - especially legumes and broccoli, when she was a newbie. Also spicy things. And she *did* get used to those things in my milk in time. They don't bother her now, and she's not-quite 5 months. So not an eternity.

How old is he? How is he holding himself (fetal position, straight and stiff, arched back)? Is the poop foamy or weird colored or mucousy? How are you nursing (both sides/one side, how long on first side if you are switching sides)? Sometimes not getting enough hindmilk can cause gassy tummyaches.

Do you have a good barrier cream - I love coconut oil, but it's better for maintenance, and not as good for healing an already existing rash, IMO, because it soaks in too fast. I like burts bees diaper cream, but anything that will sit on the surface should work. The white stuff. You can apply that over the coconut oil - the two together work really well.

Breathe and feed him. Formula would be just as likely to give him a tummy ache. And then pay attention to what you ate in the 12 hours before he seems to have a tummy ache. If it's a food sensitivity, after a time or two you'll probably start to figure out what the likely suspects are.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 11-16-2014, 05:57 AM
used to put it all the way in

My Mood: Worried
melirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, probably something you ate. I know that when I ate onions, DS would get terrible gas. It's been a long time for me too, so I don't remember what else caused tummy issues.

Mama to (23), (16), (13), (11 & 9)

Goodreads
Pinterest
Old 11-16-2014, 06:04 AM
I always try just the tip
but I end up going all the way every time.

My Mood: Busy
Longfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea gave good tips for his poor lil bum. Frequent poops are normal as is the 'bubbling tummy' - babe doesn't have a lot of fat to dampen the sound or hide what is going on in his digestive tract so it's not uncommon to hear a lot of sound. Put your ear to DH's belly sometime and listen for a while. It's wild!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:06 AM

myluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond repute

He's only a week old

The last time I offered to feed him he did the arched back stiff move and cried. That's when I first felt his tummy bubbling. He has scrunched up a few times too though. He usually eats for about 15-20min on each side. His poop looks like what is described as normal bf poop...mustard yellow, kinda runny, grain, not mucousy at all. I have some a&d diaper cream. Can I use that over the coconut oil?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:07 AM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

The A&D would be perfect to go over the coconut oil. Not sure if it's cloth diaper safe, if you are using cloth.

How is your milk on the side you switch *off* of - the first side, when you switch. Does he nurse on that side until it's empty, or pretty much empty? That's the side that he will get the hind milk from. I have a ton of milk, and when I nursed my son on both sides, I was often switching him before he'd ever gotten any hind milk. As a result he was gassy, fussy, and never, ever full. With the other two, I learned to nurse until the milk on the first side was well and truly gone to make sure that they got plenty of hind milk.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 11-16-2014, 01:03 PM

It's definitely not gone. So should I put him back on the same one and let him finish then nurse from the other side next time?

Old 11-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Titless...That's something I haven't been since I was ten...

Sabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like block feeding (one boob per session) may help for you, yes.

Her heart is a river in my blood

Old 11-16-2014, 02:02 PM
the laundry basket is CRACKING me up!

My Mood: Artistic
abmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, block feeding. I had to block feed #s 2,3, and 4.

My last two have seemed almost allergic to their own poo. DD is 16 months and she is still really red if poo sits on her for even half a minute. I like Grandma El' s. Barrier but breathable, cloth diaper safe, natural and not petroleum based.

I would go ahead and use coconut oil, then A &D, and either a disposable or some kind of liner to protect diapers.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:46 PM
"hot and tasty" sounds a little bit dirty to me.

My Mood: Fine
CommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond repute

My babies have always gone though a really gassy, rumbly, spitty period of time that I have always ascribed to them being very new and their digestive systems figuring out how everything is supposed to work! Things worked out after a couple of weeks.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I could hold an entire Staples store under my boobs.

romanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond repute

In the beginning Ro pooped in the middle of every feeding. I often felt his tummy rumble before it.

I agree with feeding on one side. At 8 1/2 months Ro still only feeds from one side at a time. It's super rare for him to want/need both sides.

Also, if he poops and he doesn't get change him immediately he gets a red bum. Coconut oil has been our friend.
Twitter & Pinterest & Tumblr
Love beautiful nails but hate salon prices? Try Jamberry Nail Wraps! Contact me for a sample! http://clwilkinson.jamberry.com
Old 11-16-2014, 04:25 PM

He seems a bit better today gas-wise and he isn't acting like his tummy is hurting. I'm doing the block feeding so hopefully that is helping. Thanks everyone for the advice. I was sitting here in tears last night, but I feel a lot better about feeding him now.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I like dead plants

My Mood: Blah
kitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond reputekitty1163 has a reputation beyond repute

dont be sacred to feed him. you arent doing anything wrong.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty1163 View Post
dont be sacred to feed him. you arent doing anything wrong.
I know. I was just really overwhelmed cause he seemed to be pooping so much before I could successfully get his butt better and he was crying a lot.

Is this ok?

Start feeding on left side..eats for 15min
Takes a 10min break and then back on left side for another 15min emptying it
Another 10min break and starts rooting again so put on right side for about 10-15min