ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > Our Kids are in COLLEGE?

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Hang on to your prophylactics,
I shall return to spread the love soon

My Mood: Dramaqueen
Rocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just be thrilled he liked me enough to stick around. I was so fed up with my parents' passive aggressive bull~POOP~ that I ran for the hills at the first chance. That being said, I would be fine with any of my children staying as long as they needed or wanted... even permanent arrangements if need me, but I also love the idea of BIG extended nuclear families like they have here in China.

Lady of the interwebs house to Rachel, Chasity and Gwen
Ringmaster and Custodial Service provider to:

The Hellion- 3.30.2008 and The twins, Boss Lady and Loki 6.19.2010
Watched over by our spirit baby, Evelyn 4/06

"If you can't fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
If you can’t walk, crawl.
But by all means keep moving.”
Dr. Martin Luther King

Want 10% off epic leggings or dresses?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I lack wit
AKA: CassB

My Mood: Artistic
Ahavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond reputeAhavati has a reputation beyond repute

In my parents house, if you were in school full time, you could stay there to help get through. My youngest sister was in school full time and now lives on campus a ways away. She works all summer and on break to save her money so she can pay food and gas etc.

However, if we weren't in school working towards our future, we had to pay rent and help around the house.

My middle sister was working and going to school part time (if you even want to call it part time. It was more part, part time) Anyway, they didnt make her pay rent or anything else, but she would complain if my parents asked her to bring a few groceries home. I mean, if I was living rent free, I'd be trying to help in every way possible..

If he is working and can afford to pay rent, I'd sit and discuss how much. At least he'd have soe financial responsibility. Can he live on campus at school?
and Samuel Isaac born March 7, 2014!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:59 PM

My Mood: Sunshine
Mamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond repute

It seems kids are staying home longer and longer these days. I would be okay with that. Especially since a 1 bedroom apartment is no less than $1000. I don't want my children to move out and struggle.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Where's that title fairy?
AKA: rlsadc

My Mood: Busy
Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

I left at 16.

However, I believe that if a young adult is in school, they should be allowed to live at home. You might discuss him budgeting his savings and making sure that hrs being responsible with his money. If I came up with a rent agreement, I would put that money being paid to me into a savings account for him when he graduates. Then he'll have no reason to not leave the nest. Lol. And if he's working and going to school full time how often is he really home anyway??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2009, 02:03 AM
Get your vulva out of my way!

My Mood: Spaced
randareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond repute

I lived at home until I was 20. I went to college, worked, had to buy the family groceries every other week and paid rent to my parents monthly. I was allowed to move out one time and move back in one time. After that, if I moved out, I couldn't move back in (my mom didn't want the upheaval in my little brothers' lives).
Old 09-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Inactive Member

shealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond reputeshealo0788 has a reputation beyond repute

I probably should move back home to save money. I am 21 and struggeling to pay rent. My daughter is one and has special needs so working can be hard sometimes. I moved in with my mom the month before I was due and moved out 4 months later. I am independent and wanted to be on my own. It is hard though.

My brother still lives at home. He is 20. You would think that he would be saving all kinds of money without having to pay rent. But instead he buys himself new phones, fancy ipods, and gaming systems. I would say make sure he is actually saving. Like someone said earlier having chores and money he pays you as rent that is saved for him and given back when he moves out would be a great idea. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned
AKA: Simply Sanity Creations - B/S/T with Caution - Not allowed to B/S on CDN

My Mood: Busy
Sanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
~~~~~~~

LOL
In San Diego, you can find some "generational" family housing- its more popular in the mexican culture for extended family to live together and sometimes they actually build houses w/ that intent. My friend is a realtor and she sold a home that was huge- built exactly for multi generational living- it had 3 floors, all open (like not a duplex or "triplex"??) but open stairs between each level, and each level hada full home- full kitchen, bathrooms, living rooms, bedrooms etc. Kinda neat.
Im pretty sure this exists in Phoenix, too.....
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Well yes I'd love to take your virginity

My Mood: Elated
Paty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond repute

As long as my kids are in school they'll be welcome to stay, when they start their career they'll have to go If they want to move out sooner while studying they'll be also free to do that
Oceane 2/22/2014
Coraline Angéline 2/25/2016
and Dolan 2/22/2017
Paty's Loveys I turn into
I'm always willing to trade!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Cheerful
JustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond reputeJustTara has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an update to this, my DSS moved out in June with his girlfriend. He's doing great & is working full time I'm super proud of him.

I sell Pampered Chef and I can have it shipped directly to you! Check out www.pamperedchef.com, email or message me, and we can get your order in! ...and Paypal is an acceptable form of payment to me!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Well yes I'd love to take your virginity

My Mood: Elated
Paty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond repute

That is wonderful!!!
Oceane 2/22/2014
Coraline Angéline 2/25/2016
and Dolan 2/22/2017
Paty's Loveys I turn into
I'm always willing to trade!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

oh that's good news.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I be dabbin at my sheet all damn day. like my granny.

My Mood: Cloud_9
bellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond reputebellibowbottoms has a reputation beyond repute

Good update!

We did it! We got married on 11/9/10.
I love my wifey, romanlili!
Mrs Nicolian is now Mrs Beejian
9/9/11
Lova of mommyz forever and always.

The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things. --Plato