ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 04-27-2015, 06:22 PM
a vulva fairy!
If the titty fairy is coming, she needs to be coming to my house first.
AKA: SAHM108

My Mood: Sleepy
BackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond reputeBackLitLeo has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple psychologists in my area that treat ADHD with behavior modification rather than medication. Maybe that would be something to look into.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 PM
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once

My Mood: Balanced
yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackLitLeo View Post
There are a couple psychologists in my area that treat ADHD with behavior modification rather than medication. Maybe that would be something to look into.
That's good to know.

So, I scheduled an appointment and he's got the first one on Thurs. The 2nd opinion isn't until late July, but that's Johns Hopkins so not really surprising. We'll probably get sent for a lot of blood work. My friend gave me a chart on how to keep track over the next few days of his blood sugar and what he eats to give the doc a better heads up
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:51 AM
You sure have a mystery on your hands, err...

Veganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond repute

I agree you should take him to see see a new endo. I suggest a pediatric endocrinologist even if you have to drive far to see one. My son was diagnosed at age 10 with type 1 diabetes and the honeymoon phase where the pancreas still works and produces insulin, but not normally for awhile. Honestly your best bet is with a true expert in childrens diabetes, all three types. You need to rule out diabetes before getting a ADD/ADHD eval imo.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:02 AM
CoOp Hostess

yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

he got better results at one point which led his ped to say it couldn't be type 1 bc once that starts marching, it doesn't get better.

I don't have to go very far for a pediatric endo. There's 170 of them within 40 miles of me. Yay Johns Hopkins?
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 PM
You sure have a mystery on your hands, err...

Veganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond repute

That is incredible! They will know exactly what is going on and their nurse educators will talk to you daily if needed!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:09 PM
CoOp Hostess

It's been weird. Two days of monitoring and Luke hasn't made it to 115 yet. Most of the time he's in the 90's, which means he's starting to get manic. He shakes in the 80's and we had a fasting # at 77

I'm seriously confused.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:29 AM
I always try just the tip
but I end up going all the way every time.

My Mood: Busy
Longfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond repute

When are you testing in relation to when he's eating?

the gold standard for testing is right before a meal or two hours after. I'm dying to see his patterns (I love looking at my clients' log books) but I'm baffled by the US numbers.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:44 AM
CoOp Hostess

I am testing right before, then 1 hr, then 2 hrs.

Yesterday
Fasting (7:20am) 77
Breakfast was an egg and homemade granola bar (finished by 7:40am)
8:40am 93
9:40am 118 (highest reading- I lied, I thought it was 114)
11am (after 10 french fries) 90
12pm before lunch 95
Lunch was rice cake with lunch meat and baby carrots
2pm 95
6:20pm before dinner 88
Dinner was chicken, rice, asparagus, mixed veggies, 2oz apple juice
8:50pm (husband forgot to take it earlier and I was at a meeting) 103

He may have eaten an apple and almonds in there and not fessed up to it. He tends to forget

Dinner 2 nights ago:
Predinner 89
Dinner was 2oz apple juice, onion rings, cheese burger, french fries (finished eating at 7:20)
8:20pm 112
9pm 113

Today's numbers were:
94 (fasting and he was SHAKING, total hand trembling)
(I was bad at keeping track today because my allergies have left me in a fog)
Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 PM

Longfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I will look at that in a bit - I still shake my head that two Countries side by side use totally different systems for the same thing. My head is swimming trying to figure out the "norms" for you. For here, fasting above 6.0 mmol/L is abnormal, a reading above 8.0 mmol/L 2 hours after eating is abnormal.

Has he had a HgbA1c drawn recently?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:02 PM
CoOp Hostess

Not recently on the A1C He had a 1 hr blood sugar in Nov of 2012 that was 198 (for a breakfast that was likely eggs and unsweetened oatmeal) and his A1C later that day was 5.6 but that was the last one. Improved his diet even further and got him numbers down
Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 PM
CoOp Hostess

the endo appointment was a waste of time I might as well not have gone. No blood work, but based on his finger pricks he's fine, growing okay, and yes, he may not tolerate lower sugar numbers, but give him frequent snacks with complex carbs.
bc I'm an idiot and didn't think about doing that, of course *thud*
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Where's that title fairy?

bjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond reputebjgonzo has a reputation beyond repute

OMG how terrible!! I'm sorry it was such a bust
Old 05-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Got Snark?

My Mood: Bookworm
tea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond repute

Those numbers appear to be on the low end of "normal" but each person's normal is different. Keep hunting for a good endo.... I'd be more likely to lean towards hypoglycemia than diabetes at this point...

Crunchy Wiccan -

Mom to Liam , 14, Spirit Babies: Dorian (7/31/15), Ninja (6/ 25/16) and Fur-mom to Loki the Bichon and Rocky the Hedgehog. Cautiously expecting Hayden Micah on 4/2/17

Living in North Dakota, where it is colder than Siberia. It really is. Look it up.

What you see is what you get. Progress, not perfection, is what counts
Old 05-03-2015, 05:00 PM
CoOp Hostess

We've known he's been hypoglycemic since he was 1. That's ongoing. He's gotten up to close to pre-diabetic and we went even stricter on his diet (which, btw, I didn't really think would be possible). The child has *never* had a soda. Ever. But, anyway, the issue is he's not tolerating these low numbers, but giving him more carbs makes his behavior horrible and he swings more up and down.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:38 PM

What does a typical day of meals look like? I have no idea what his diet is, only what you've said so my first thought is that maybe you are over correcting and the kid needs more nutrition??? Like I said, this is just my GUESS without seeing a daily meal plan.