ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 11-26-2014, 12:52 PM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he is the size of an adult.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 11-26-2014, 04:29 PM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

They've more recently decided that DD 15, who already has multiple SNs (learning disabilities, attachment DO, biploar II, ADD- inattentive type) is on the spectrum, too. We've discussed this off and on for years, with differing opinions that are enough to drive you batty.

Anyway, when she first hit puberty, at 10 (!!!), there were multiple issues with violent outbursts that went on until the last few months or so (she just turned 15). In the last 6 months, we were searching out respite homes because it's been so tough with her.

We have been under the care of a neuropsychologist, psychologist, pediatrician, couneslor and psychiatrist. It has helped, but we still don't have any answers. She has been on multiple rounds of ADs and mood stabilizers. She is off all meds right now, as she lost 17 lbs on the Wellbutrin. Now we just lost her favorite counselor here in town (she moved) and we are stuck searching out a new counselor and practice... again. There are SO few around here at all, I am worried for what our next steps will be. It's a frustrating process.

If nothing else, do you think that you can ask the doctors about something to help calm him when the rages start? Would he willing take it, if he knew it would help? DD 15 is paranoid about medicines, so she is tough to convince in the heat of the moment. She will be in a full blown panic attack/ meltdown and still refuse medication. I wish she would be less paranoid, but it's her nature.

I hope you find some help. I remember the feeling of helplessness when she hit the point where she was too big to easily manage anymore. She is 5'5" and about 118 lbs, so also full grown.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 PM

aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

We use benadryl when ds starts heading into a meltdown, on the advice of his psychiatrist. He takes it willingly. He knows when he is winding up and desperately doesn't want to loose it.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
Old 11-26-2014, 09:17 PM
CoOp Hostess
I woke up without my underpants once

yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

my friend has her son on a crap ton of supplements. They recently went on a cruise and didn't bring them all, and his behavior deteriorated dramatically. So no idea if you're already doing this, but if you want a list of what he takes I can get it for you.
~~~~~~~
I should add that they've brought them before on the cruises and he did fine.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.

Last edited by yellowitchgrl; 11-26-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 11-26-2014, 10:11 PM

I'd be interested in knowing what he takes...

Old 11-26-2014, 10:17 PM
CoOp Hostess

yellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond reputeyellowitchgrl has a reputation beyond repute

off the top of my head (may be spelling wrong):
magnesium
D (2000 iui a day)
L Theanine
coquiten
fish oil
folinic acid (looootts of this)
probiotics

there may be a few others, but those are the main ones.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan (7/03), Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (4/6/04) and Luke (12/14/07), James (2/19/13). My babies who passed before birth : Zach(7-19-09), Toby (12-09-09) and Simon (6-9-11) WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy 10% off with the code: CDN10 Find me on Facebook
Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:52 PM
yay for sore boobs!

My Mood: Chatty
symphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond repute

how does she get him to take those?ds won't take pills and has major food aversions.

I apologize in advance for any grammar errors, stupid Ipod!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:36 PM
CoOp Hostess

ahhh well, he's 100% g-tube fed, so basically it goes in through a hole in his stomach. We get my kids to take things via applesauce, but otherwise I've got nothing
Old 11-27-2014, 02:13 AM
yay for sore boobs!

My Mood: Chatty
symphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond repute

He won't eat applesauce either. Ugh...

I apologize in advance for any grammar errors, stupid Ipod!
Old 11-27-2014, 02:28 AM
CoOp Hostess

sorry, I wish I had something to offer.

In a lot of ways, having a child who is allergic to everything and can't eat at all by mouth is a royal pain in the bum. When it comes to giving him meds, it's freaking awesome.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 AM

Before ds could swallow pills, I would drop his meds on top of a spoon of yogurt. When the yogurt went down, so did the pill. A spoon of ice cream would work, too. It just needs to be something thick enough to carry the pill along.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:03 AM
the bigger the better, the tighter the sweater!

My Mood: Dead
NadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond repute

for the longest time, i always had to get the children's liquid and just give him the dosage for his body weight. it was always so much. to top it off, he still wouldn't drink the liquid. i used to use a medicine syringe and take a couple sips out of a caprisun and then inject it into the caprisun without him seeing me do it. lol. finally, i got to a point where he needed some allergy meds because his allergies were so bad he was trying to scratch his eyeballs. i got him to swallow it with no issue using positive reinforcement and he now has no problem with even the horsepills rainbowlite calls teen vitamins. lol.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.
The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle,
you must fear or hate them.
The second is that to love someone
means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense.
You don’t have to compromise convictions
to be compassionate."

~Pastor Rick Warren~

Old 03-29-2015, 03:19 AM
the bigger the better, the tighter the sweater!

My Mood: Dead
NadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I am a freaking loss. Nearly a year out to see a dev ped and the meltdowns and self regulation are so far off the charts. Today he broke his door and stomped so hard on the floor upstairs that the drywall on the ceiling downstairs is cracking. I am so drained that I almost feel like giving up. I can't afford 50 different supplements or oils or whatever. Is there some other avenue we can take to consider meds? We have to deal with Tricare so that is a big consideration. I don't know how helpful a psych would be in his case. He doesn't really respond with one. It's abstract to him to have to talk about things that aren't upsetting him right this second unless it's something he actually wants to talk about. I thought about going to our PCM. Maybe they could help us out with different medications? He already has a dx of autism so I don't see why we HAVE to go through a dev ped other than they might know what drugs are more effective in someone with autism. I don't know. I'm so confused. He maintained for so long we got into a lull and didn't even think about it. Now I have a 6' tall 4 year old with violent meltdowns. I say four year old because that is how old he was when he was having the worst of his meltdowns and was first diagnosed. Should we try to just try meds through his PCM? Puberty just turned everything upside down and I'm tired of getting the brunt.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.
The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle,
you must fear or hate them.
The second is that to love someone
means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense.
You don’t have to compromise convictions
to be compassionate."

~Pastor Rick Warren~

Old 03-29-2015, 11:41 AM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

i would start with the PCM. He/she might refer you to someone more specific. No, he may not benefit from talking about it with someone but I wonder if you can video it sometimes? start taking notes, jotting down things he's doing and what's happening so the doctor can make a more informed choice on what medication he needs to be on. I'm sorry this is happening.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 03-29-2015, 02:06 PM
CoOp Hostess

Agreed. If you're that miserable and worn down, then get him help now, even if it's not perfect help