ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Saving the Planet

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM
CoOp Hostess
You have got to admit there aren't many things
that are better then penii and balls.

My Mood: Relaxed
WildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond reputeWildflowerJLH has a reputation beyond repute

My pits react to EVERYTHING! I recently started putting some TTO in a tiny spray bottle and spraying it directly into my pits, and it works!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:25 PM
will be running off with your cooter.
AKA: yeswehave7

My Mood: Question
yeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond reputeyeswehave8 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm using a green one I like, it's lavender, I think.
~~~~~~~
Green Tidings in Lavender is what I'm using, I like it.

Grown/ gone: DD 25, DD 19, DD 18... who has lost her frickin mind!!

My beautiful firstborn son earned his wings on 12/11/16 just 6 weeks after his 23rd birthday. A drunk driver killed my child. Please, please, PLEASE don't drink and drive. I miss my son. :(

Last edited by yeswehave8; 09-09-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-25-2015, 06:00 PM
300 Posts and nothing funny?

debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the baking soda on the market has been extracted from the earth with harsh chemicals. I find that most people respond well to baking soda deodorant if the baking soda has been extracted naturally (e.g., Bob's Red Mill for those making your own). Additionally, some people who are prone to pH problems may become sensitized to baking soda over time. I've been told by numerous persons that this is easily remedied by applying diluted apple cider vinegar to the pits for a week, sometimes two, and letting it dry before applying the deodorant (and then the pH usually stays fine for quite a while). But that is more rare of a problem compared to sensitivities b/c of the manner in which the baking soda was extracted.

All that said, most of the brands OP mentions use propylene glycol which is known as an acute skin sensitizer (and is also basically anti-freeze). Not so natural really, imo.

Different persons may have different essential oil sensitivities as well. And since these can develop over time, it is wise to switch up the scent of deodorant you use routinely (among those deodorants that incorporate essential oils).

I did not read this whole thread, but HTH.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:06 AM
the laundry basket is CRACKING me up!

My Mood: Artistic
abmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Most of the baking soda on the market has been extracted from the earth with harsh chemicals. I find that most people respond well to baking soda deodorant if the baking soda has been extracted naturally (e.g., Bob's Red Mill for those making your own). Additionally, some people who are prone to pH problems may become sensitized to baking soda over time. I've been told by numerous persons that this is easily remedied by applying diluted apple cider vinegar to the pits for a week, sometimes two, and letting it dry before applying the deodorant (and then the pH usually stays fine for quite a while). But that is more rare of a problem compared to sensitivities b/c of the manner in which the baking soda was extracted.

All that said, most of the brands OP mentions use propylene glycol which is known as an acute skin sensitizer (and is also basically anti-freeze). Not so natural really, imo.

Different persons may have different essential oil sensitivities as well. And since these can develop over time, it is wise to switch up the scent of deodorant you use routinely (among those deodorants that incorporate essential oils).

I did not read this whole thread, but HTH.
Reading all your info is wonderful, thank you (i read your posts in the other thread and your descriptions and explanations on your etsy) . i was also using FOs in my deodorant and I'm sure that affected me too (it's just that i looooooove monkey farts sooooooo much! Lol). I think I'll try Bob's Red Mill and see how that does. I loved using my homemade deodorant for the years it worked and my pits have been a pain in my ass ever since i became sensitive to the baking soda!

I've also heard about people using bentonite clay in deodorant preparations. ???

Old 02-28-2015, 06:09 PM
300 Posts and nothing funny?

debcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond reputedebcita429 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmama View Post
Reading all your info is wonderful, thank you (i read your posts in the other thread and your descriptions and explanations on your etsy) . i was also using FOs in my deodorant and I'm sure that affected me too (it's just that i looooooove monkey farts sooooooo much! Lol). I think I'll try Bob's Red Mill and see how that does. I loved using my homemade deodorant for the years it worked and my pits have been a pain in my ass ever since i became sensitive to the baking soda!

I've also heard about people using bentonite clay in deodorant preparations. ???
I think fragrance oils are not usually as much of a skin issue as they are an inhalant issue. Either way, I cannot use them at all. Essential oils are extremely useful in deodorant; unlike fragrance oils, they actually do useful stuff instead of simply masking your BO, but it can take some trial and error to get the ones that agree with you best. And like I said, they need to be rotated. Next year I'm going to switch out one of my pregnancy safe scents for a completely citrus free one in the hope of giving people options for rotation that avoid family similarities (the more disparate the rotations, the safer for your skin's long term happiness with the EOs).

Bentonite clay is very high in aluminum if you are trying to avoid aluminum. Some are convinced that this natural source of aluminum is safer than that of traditional deodorants, however. As you might imagine, another common complaint over bentonite clay is marking clothing. My deodorant definitely goes on white and needs to be rubbed around the edges to soften that look when wearing tanks. But clay can sort of create a slime slick.

HTH, and thanks for the compliment.