ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Saving the Planet

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I could hold an entire Staples store under my boobs.

romanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond repute

What are the crystals? Is that like a brand?
Twitter & Pinterest & Tumblr
Love beautiful nails but hate salon prices? Try Jamberry Nail Wraps! Contact me for a sample! http://clwilkinson.jamberry.com
Old 07-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I keep thinking Jiz... Zombie Jizz??

My Mood: Notamused
cdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond reputecdgranola.mama has a reputation beyond repute

How do you get past the ick feeling of sweating? It's not socially acceptable to walk around with wet pit spots. lol
Aunaliese (Sissy) (01.26.2010)
Josef Rain (Polliwog) born to Heaven (12.10.2010)

Jaxon Lee (Seahorse) born to Heaven (04.18.12)

cding, bfing, APing, ERFing, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, non-circing, super crunchy granola mama

Starting over from the ground up, working on finding me, and being the best mom I can be.
I'm only one person, but I'm trying to figure out this crazy thing called "life".

Praying for a healthy Rainbow...
Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I do not like to have sex

My Mood: Lurking
treegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond reputetreegardner has a reputation beyond repute

I use Miessence Organic Aroma-Free Roll-on Deodorant.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Fine
Starr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond repute

I just tried corn starch and baking soda in powder form (just dusting it on) and am still having the raw pit problem. I mixed 6 parts corn starch to 1 part baking soda. It did keep the stink away for longer than anything else I've tried, but it definitely didn't last all day. And, even applying just once a day, I still got raw pits. So, I must be sensitive to the baking soda. Anyway, I'm going to go look for the crystals tomorrow when shops open again. Really hope I can find something that works! I don't mine the wetness, but I've got to find something to combat the summer stinkies! LOL!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Inactive Member
AKA: daisygirl

My Mood: Cheerful
thatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond reputethatie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmama View Post
Naturally Fresh is what I've used, too. http://www.naturallyfreshdeodorantcrystal.com/products

I always applied straight out of the shower while my armpits were still wet (otherwise you have to wet the crystal itself). You apply a thin coat to the entire pit and it works by keeping bacteria from growing (which causes odor). It doesn't help with perspiration, because it's healthy to sweat.

The ones with baking soda help to neutralize and absorb excess perspiration, so it does help you feel dryer (me, at least) without stopping perspiration, like a commercial antiperspirant does.

The recipe I use to make mine is
5 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup cornstarch.

I just mix it all together till smooth. You can warm the oil to liquefy and make mixing easier. You can also add EO or FO to it, to make it smell nice or for the properties of that EO (tea tree oil or lavender can offer antibacterial properties, for example). I play with it to get the right consistency, so I can't promise that's the right amount. I start with that, and sometimes add more cornstarch to thicken it.

I store mine in a small lidded bowl and apply with my fingers.
Thank you for the info!! I'm desperate to find something too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommieVegan View Post
Most every kind of mainstream cosmetic or body care product will contain one or another type of paraben: methylparaben, butylparaben, and on and on.
I had no idea One more ingredient to look out for.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Cynical
Flowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond repute

I just started using the spray crystal. It works better than the Dove I used to use, and I'm a stinker lol. http://www.thecrystal.com/
Old 07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get sweaty pits, so its not an issue for me.
~~~~~~~
and I don't say that to be snarky LOL. I just don't. Lucky.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).

Last edited by Shopaholic; 07-05-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
the laundry basket is CRACKING me up!

My Mood: Artistic
abmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgranola.mama View Post
How do you get past the ick feeling of sweating? It's not socially acceptable to walk around with wet pit spots. lol
That's why I moved from using the crystal to using the homemade deo. The baking soda/cornstarch in it really help me feel drier (I say dri-ER because I live in Texas....and DRY is hard without chemicals ).

Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
When it comes to beavers is fresh or vintage better?

k8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond repute

I use the roll-on crystal kind. I never was able to master the wet crystal thing. I live in a mild climate though, no serious heat or humidity.

But for serious workouts or for touch ups throughout the day I use Dove.

Could the problem be friction for you?? I know that when I use the crystal deo and then go for a run, my underarms get raw from the moisture and the friction.

Blue Room Creations
ETSY
Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM

romanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond reputeromanlili has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanlili View Post
What are the crystals? Is that like a brand?
Quoting myself just in case it was missed.
Love beautiful nails but hate salon prices? Try Jamberry Nail Wraps! Contact me for a sample! http://clwilkinson.jamberry.com
Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Cynical
Flowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerchild has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanlili View Post
Quoting myself just in case it was missed.
I posted a link above.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
I just started using the spray crystal. It works better than the Dove I used to use, and I'm a stinker lol. http://www.thecrystal.com/
This is the crystal that I use. It's the one that I've seen most often in stores.

Last edited by Flowerchild; 07-06-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
I posted a link above.
oh thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
the laundry basket is CRACKING me up!

My Mood: Artistic
abmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond repute

I also posted a link to Naturally Fresh, above. I see that at my natural health food store.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

95 degrees today and the roll on from www.theallnaturalface.com didn't fail me! No stinkies. I don't sweat that much under my arms though so I can't speak to that.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Inactive Member

Starr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond reputeStarr5678 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, I found both Crystal (rock and roll-on forms) and Naturally Fresh roll-on at my local Rite-Aid. The Crystal stuff was even on sale. Bought some and looking forward to trying it soon!