ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 AM
it'll bite you in your ass.
And I only like that in the bedroom!

My Mood: Busy
AmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Resources?

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find my rights regarding J being evaluated for learning and behavioral disorders? I'm done with this school. We have a meeting tomorrow with the teacher, the joke of a principal, and the counselor that is too busy to do her job, and I want to make sure I don't get bullied anymore this school year. I want J to get the help he needs, even if it isn't affective until next school year. There are only 12 school days left for this year but since he will be going there again next year, I want them to fully understand I'm done with their inaction and pushing me off from one personnel to the other.

V-12.5
A-11
G-8
J-7
E-5

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Old 05-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Ohhhh sexy girlfriend...no more yanky my wanky...

My Mood: Sluggish
LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the school district and tell them you want to know your rights for special education services. They will have them in writing and they must give them to you. Find an organization like this one in your area who can advocate for your son and help you.

http://www.cesa6.k12.wi.us/

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 AM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

are you saying you want him evaluated and they won't do it?
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 05-21-2014, 12:56 AM
All I hAd to do was read the thread title and... Instant kegels.

My Mood: In Love
Jae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond repute

I guess our situation was maybe different? They could evaluate the degree of his delays, but for any diagnosis, we had to go through a neuropsychologist.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:04 AM
I am stuck at home with a baby stuck on my nipple.

MyNameIsMama is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a ton of books on IEP's from Amazon.com and went on wrights law online. I just had another IEP today for my son, the 3rd one for this year. Good luck on your journey, I understand completely. One piece of advice, put absolutely everything in writing. If you have a conversation about services or testing send a certified letter saying To follow up on our conversation, per our conversation I am requesting such and such.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 PM
it'll bite you in your ass.
And I only like that in the bedroom!

My Mood: Busy
AmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond reputeAmyMarie has a reputation beyond repute

I told them I wanted him evaluated and they gave me a checklist to do like starting certain interventions to see what helps and what doesn't, and getting him some kind of paperwork from his psychologist stating that we are doing further testing for xyz. I got all of that, the teacher then told me that even if she did her part and write a letter stating he needed an IEP or 504 that it would do no good and that he's fine and I'm over reacting and basically bullied me into second guessing myself and I backed off. Then Friday she that it was my decision to not go forward with the IEP meeting so pulled out my phone and read her her texts and then she got pissy with me. The principal was supposed to be taking him for a walk after lunch bc we figured out that one of his triggers is the loud and chaotic cafeteria. But she only told me she was doing it. Several people confirmed she never followed through.

Fast forward to Friday when I made a written request for him to evaluated and all the sudden, they were able to not only have a meeting with the counselor and teacher but they had the psychologist, the Ese teacher, and I got a parent advocate there that kept pushing them to stay on task which was to get J some help. The advocate provided me a copy of rights I have.

Kelly , yes that's what was happening. I've been requesting since January and they kept telling me they couldn't until I did xyz. I'd jump through that hoop and then they'd give me a new . .

V-12.5
A-11
G-8
J-7
E-5

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods