ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't want to smell what comes out of my ass

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

and if it is in the school it might work differently
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/Intern. Working on my license
Old 10-24-2014, 10:34 PM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

Danielle, JJ really blossomed with the EI people. It was so amazing to see the changes in him each time I saw him. I totally melted the first time he looked me in the eyes and called me Auntie Rachael
That's unfortunate that the school seems more 'robotic'. I can totally see that with the question/answers thing. I hope it gets more fun for him and in the meanwhile you can do a little bit at home.
My only experience with ABA has been watching Danielle's DS and the progress he has made. It is truly amazing.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:17 PM

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not check Pinterest and search for ABA. My friend Laura Howard has a very prolific ABA board and she does/did ABA therapy
~~~~~~~
Sorry Laura Carpenter she got married

Last edited by mommytoonegirl; 10-24-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-26-2014, 11:30 PM
It took me forever to say something funny
I apparently have vulva on the mind

My Mood: Cold
nkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoonegirl View Post
Believe it or not check Pinterest and search for ABA. My friend Laura Howard has a very prolific ABA board and she does/did ABA therapy
~~~~~~~
Sorry Laura Carpenter she got married
I'll check it out! Thx!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 AM

No problem.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Amused
irish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for responding! Were on day 2 and he is doing ok with it. Right not its repetitive. Manners, letters, lots of puzzles. but were early on. They do offer social groups every Saturday and will come on outings when scheduled! 4 times a week, 2 hours a session.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish15princess View Post
Thank you all for responding! Were on day 2 and he is doing ok with it. Right not its repetitive. Manners, letters, lots of puzzles. but were early on. They do offer social groups every Saturday and will come on outings when scheduled! 4 times a week, 2 hours a session.
right now*

Last edited by irish15princess; 10-28-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Amused
irish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond reputeirish15princess has a reputation beyond repute

Is it normal for the therapist to reward good behavior with candy, cookies..etc?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 PM
It took me forever to say something funny
I apparently have vulva on the mind

My Mood: Cold
nkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond reputenkotbfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it normal for the therapist to reward good behavior with candy, cookies..etc?
Yes, if you are comfortable with it. If not see if they can reward with a game or puzzle. Whatever your particular child will respond to.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Ohhhh sexy girlfriend...no more yanky my wanky...

My Mood: Sluggish
LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, if it's OK with you. That is what motivated Victoria, so I had no problem with it. Her amazing special ed teacher at school did this too. She would get one M&M for each thing she completed with compliance. It wasn't much, but it worked. We do the red light/green light program now and we have for quite awhile. Now, one of her rewards is a small change which she saves up until the end of the week. She can use her money to spend at our little dime store in town for craft supplies, small pieces of candy, etc. I was worried that if she was rewarded in that way, that the only way she would ever do anything is with that type of reward, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Most therapists will find what motivates their clients. If a small bit of super tasty junk food does then they will us that--m&ms, skittles, chocolate chip