ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Health and Wellness

Notices

Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Stop playing with the soap!

AngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond repute
Question General absence seizures?

Does anyone have any experience with these? Especially so in infants/children?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:07 PM
I didn't think there were any of your kind out there anymore.

My Mood: Sleepy
Casey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond reputeCasey has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of them. What are they?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:59 PM

AngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond reputeAngelicScars has a reputation beyond repute

One of many different types of seizures that people can have.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I always try just the tip
but I end up going all the way every time.

My Mood: Busy
Longfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond repute

One of my sister's foster sons has them.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Do you mind if I ask what age did they start and what were the symptoms?

Old 01-08-2015, 05:45 PM
I always try just the tip
but I end up going all the way every time.

My Mood: Busy
Longfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond reputeLongfarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I think they might have started before he was 2 but it took a while to figure out for sure that's what was going on. For him, it was just like he was daydreaming, sort of staring off at something in the mid distance.

I'm not sure if he still has them. He is fairly medicated for an assortment of issues.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM
of questionable moral fiber

JennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond reputeJennyHadAVision has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has them. I can ask him when he gets home. Most of his epilepsy is controlled with meds, but this was something he lived with for years.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
I think they might have started before he was 2 but it took a while to figure out for sure that's what was going on. For him, it was just like he was daydreaming, sort of staring off at something in the mid distance.

I'm not sure if he still has them. He is fairly medicated for an assortment of issues.
Yep, that's exactly what's going on. I'm so flipping' upset over this. I don't want it to be true, but I've been through it before that I know what to look for. I'm just going to keep documenting the episodes and try to get video of it to all take to the doctor.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:39 AM
SuperMom!

My Mood: Breezy
ciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond repute

You mean Focal Seizures? Those are what Kasey has.

When Kaseys started out we thought she was just "tuning us out" . She would stare into space, we couldn't get her attention- she'd also be chewing her lip or picking at her clothes (both big indicators apparently.) She was also doing a lot of weird stuff during the night (apparently focal seizures at night can cause "visual disturbances" so she was seeing things). Then one day (24 hours before her scheduled sleep deprivation seizure test), she woke up from a nap and couldn't talk right, seemed lethargic, etc. I rushed her to the hospital and of course by then she was fine. Turns out- it was her focal seizures increasing in strength.

Hers have progressed to where she loses control of her wheelchair during them. She's on 2 seizure meds- 1 is at the max recommended amount (Trileptal) and we're doing the smallest dose of another (Kepra) . Hers won't ever stop most likely due to the cause of them (brain malformation and severe scarring).

She has had one recently that caused vomiting which means it was the left side of the brain causing the seizure this time.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:14 AM

Absence seizure is the best way to describe what I'm seeing.
http://m.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurolo...-seizures.html

Old 01-09-2015, 04:08 AM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

Fiancée to Jason
Old 01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
SuperMom!

ciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond reputeciles has a reputation beyond repute

yeah- those are what we see with Kasey (they're also called focal seizures)
Old 01-09-2015, 04:07 PM

Ah, I didn't realize there were several names for a particular seizure.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:12 PM

Ok I just checked, absence seizures involve the entire brain whereas focal seizures are centralized to a particular part of the brain.
It could be that because one of the symptoms is the eyes moving back and forth and that has happened during one of the episodes.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:41 PM
SuperMom!

ah- besides that they sound a lot alike I've heard focal seizures referred to as multiple things so I ASSumed it was the same when I read the definition.

Before Kaseys seizures I thought there were only the type of seizures that cause convulsions.