ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Health and Wellness

Notices

Old 10-13-2014, 07:38 PM
would talk about penises too
AKA: zosiasmama

My Mood: Bookworm
Danni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bunions, boy do they suck. Do you have them? What do you do about?

I started having foot pain this last year and my mom and grandma both had them. They are starting to show and sometimes I get lightening sharp pain through that area. Yeeouch.

I got silicone toe spacers for the day, special shoe insoles and nighttime corrector like these .
I do feel a bit better the next day if I use the nighttime corrector and the other things seem to help, but man the pain is still there sometimes.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:44 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I fear that you are just prolonging needing surgery. I have two friends with them and for one, it runs in her family for sure. The other one is having surgery next month. Her bunion is so bad she named it (Fred). She's been doing some cortisone shots in the meantime and that's helped her very much but obviously not a long term solution. My other friend is just careful with her shoes. Her bunion isn't all that bad that she has pain - just pain from shoes hitting it wrong. So she buys the mary jane "Stretchies" from Foot Smart b/c they are made for bunions and soft. She likes Easy Spirit - the sneaker clogs - b/c they make her foot feel great. She buys wide shoes. I hae a pair of shoes by Acopedico that are designed for comfort for those with bunions, but I just thougt the fabric mary janes were cute and they fit my plantar fascitis orthotics.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 PM
"hot and tasty" sounds a little bit dirty to me.

My Mood: Fine
CommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond reputeCommieVegan has a reputation beyond repute

You need this book: Every Woman's Guide to Foot Pain Relief.

Do you walk with your feet turned out slightly?

Old 10-14-2014, 07:49 AM

Danni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions Catherine!

Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 AM
CoOp Hostess
I don't even have the "I need a title" title

My Mood: Torn
Julie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond reputeJulie K has a reputation beyond repute

I had them...and had surgery on them. No regrets here! I had them done one foot at a time 3 weeks apart. I actually had them done before the pain got too bad - my dad has them REAL bad and the dr knew I was headed in that direction.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:02 AM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

so yesterday I went to a wives group on base and the guest speaker, a young woman in her 20s, had a boot on from one surgery and was doing the 2nd foot in Janurary. She was walking around just fine on her boot. She said it was painful but shes healing great.

My friend Jenn, who is having her surgery soon, was chatting with her and they both said that the special things you can buy are great but they don'treally FIX the problem- just mask symptoms. I'd consult a doctor!
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 10-15-2014, 07:29 PM
used to put it all the way in

My Mood: Worried
melirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond reputemelirod has a reputation beyond repute

Oldest DD has them pretty bad and used to get sharp pains in her arches. She declined surgery back in HS because she was running track and cross country at the time and didn't want to take time off.

Mama to (23), (16), (13), (11 & 9)

Goodreads
Pinterest
Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 PM

That poor girl. Bunions in high school and she was a runner? She is a superstar!