ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Health and Wellness

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 12:47 AM
i never stuck out,
and i will always remember my first time

My Mood: Amused
mayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond repute
Default shoe help

Help, I started riding bikes with a neighbor, and I'm planning to start walking with a friend once the kids leave for school this week, but after 5.5 miles of riding today my feet are screaming (our longest ride so far) I need better shoes, and I don't know where to start looking for what..... Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura
My life looks very lived in, that's why my friends are so comfortable in it ♥♥♥

Maya says the only monsters that live in our house are the ones that mama makes...come check them out
Old 09-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Deep I like it deep.

My Mood: Cheerful
MeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond repute

For biking you want a stiff flat sole. I like five tens but if you're going to spend that much on biking shoes look into clipless.
Ideally you want a pair for biking (even if they are not "biking" shoes) and a walking pair.

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~Les Brown

Autocorrect likes to change names on me, I'm sorry if I call you something else.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:44 AM
i never stuck out,

mayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond reputemayasmommie has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I figured. I'm desperate to get in shape, but I need to make sure I'm doing what I can to keep my body going too
Quote:

Maya says the only monsters that live in our house are the ones that mama makes...come check them out
Old 09-14-2014, 01:56 AM
Deep I like it deep.

MeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond repute

Sometime you can find used on pinkbike. Mn buy bike stuff for their women who end up hating the sport because they get thrown in too much too soon and that makes for great scores!

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~Les Brown

Autocorrect likes to change names on me, I'm sorry if I call you something else.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I wear a bra to keep them pointed forward.

My Mood: Dead
TheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond reputeTheEliMonster has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, shoot. I ride all the time without special shoes. I usually wear either my keen sandals or my Tretorn "lifestyle" tennis shoes. I haven't had a problem with my feet hurting (my thighs and butt on the other hand...)

Is your saddle adjusted correctly? I was getting all sorts of aches and pains when my saddle was too low (it should be so your leg is straight when it's at the lowest part of the pedal and you are sitting on the seat-you should only be able to reach your "tippy toes" to the ground if you are sitting on the bike).

WAHM of The Eli Monster-swell things for swell babies
Old 09-14-2014, 02:07 AM
Deep I like it deep.

Keens have a nice stiff flat sole. That's why they are great. Same with your lifestyle tennis shoes. Sorry I'm not very good at explaining. I can't walk in something that stiff. That's why I said different shoes for each activity.
And yes your right on the leg and seat height BUT it shouldn't be straight straight or you'll hyperextend. You want a soft bend at the knee not locked knees.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:13 AM
i never stuck out,

The saddle I believe is adjusted correctly, it sounds like it is. I hadn't ridden a bike in at least 15 years, and with everything with Maya, and being just shy of 300 pounds, I'm going to be sore in places I forgot I had muscles. Being a wahm I rarely get myself new shoes, because I don't wear them a lot, and I live in sandals when it's warm. I want to make sure I'm taking care of my feet, because I'm sure with the news we got Tuesday, I'm going to be on them a lot again, and in shoes a lot more, so I want to make sure I'm wearing the right ones for what I'm doing, to get the best benefit and make sure I don't deter myself from the past I'm trying to get on now.
Quote: