ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Special Needs

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Cheerful
Suzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally, someone is thinking of my nephew!

Phew, I feel like a weight has ben lifted off my shoulders! my husband has a cousin that he was raised with, who REALLLY, is like a brother to him. He's 29, divorced, and with a 6 year old girl, and 3 year old boy. I LOVE him and his children to death, and he spends many weekends here with his kids (he has his children from Friday night till Monday morning)

His youngest son, Jack, has always been a different child. Bless my BIL's heart, he's not been able to bring himself to see it. Jack is so so so so so friggin sweet. But really, DH and I have been talking for at least a year about trying to get Jack evaluated. He shows SO many signs of Autos. Here's a case of PRAISE GOD FOR DAYCARE! Finally, the daycare stepped in, and told BIL (the kids mother didn't want to hear it) that they felt as though little Jack really needs an evaluation.

MANY steps / meeting later, I get a call from BIL tonight. He sounds awful, exhausted, and a little relieved. They are pretty sure (after MUCH evaluation) that Jack falls in the autistic spectrum.

I'm SO glad that he's now on the "radar" of people who know what they are doing. And the cats out of the bag, so to speak. BIL is starting to embrace his new "mission" of helping his son out, and we can finally speak about little Jack without the air of "what is wrong"looming over our heads.

We can actualy jus focus on what a great kid he is (seriously, the sweetest thing ever) and not play the "what is going on" game all the time.

It feels weird to be relieved about a diagnosis like this, but we're feeling so good about it!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
B/S/T with caution!!!

My Mood: Cheeky
shortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond repute

the boy i nanny is autistic and the dad denies it and refuses help its soooo sad. im glad your BIL is ready to help him. he is a lucky littleboy
Old 03-23-2009, 10:43 PM

Suzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond reputeSuzanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Phew, I feel like a weight has ben lifted off my shoulders! my husband has a cousin that he was raised with, who REALLLY, is like a brother to him. He's 29, divorced, and with a 6 year old girl, and 3 year old boy. I LOVE him and his children to death, and he spends many weekends here with his kids (he has his children from Friday night till Monday morning)

His youngest son, Jack, has always been a different child. Bless my BIL's heart, he's not been able to bring himself to see it. Jack is so so so so so friggin sweet. But really, DH and I have been talking for at least a year about trying to get Jack evaluated. He shows SO many signs of Autos. Here's a case of PRAISE GOD FOR DAYCARE! Finally, the daycare stepped in, and told BIL (the kids mother didn't want to hear it) that they felt as though little Jack really needs an evaluation.

MANY steps / meeting later, I get a call from BIL tonight. He sounds awful, exhausted, and a little relieved. They are pretty sure (after MUCH evaluation) that Jack falls in the autistic spectrum.

I'm SO glad that he's now on the "radar" of people who know what they are doing. And the cats out of the bag, so to speak. BIL is starting to embrace his new "mission" of helping his son out, and we can finally speak about little Jack without the air of "what is wrong"looming over our heads.

We can actualy jus focus on what a great kid he is (seriously, the sweetest thing ever) and not play the "what is going on" game all the time.

It feels weird to be relieved about a diagnosis like this, but we're feeling so good about it!
Bad spell check

Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
the boy i nanny is autistic and the dad denies it and refuses help its soooo sad. im glad your BIL is ready to help him. he is a lucky littleboy
i wish his mama was as interested in helping him out. She told her daughter "Well I guess your brother is going to be riding the short bus from now on"

Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Brooding
4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad his dad is being realistic & he can get some help for his son now. We had a little boy that was obviously autistic at the daycare where I used to work, & his mom refused to see it or get him help until the director told her she had to get him diagnosed & treated or he could no longer attend. And that short bus comment is absolutely disgusting. I hope her nasty attitude doesn't affect her son.

The title fairy loves you.
Pink Cookie U~ Under Professor Hooha Nurse~
Lovin' on Jenny81, RMEwife, MisanthropeKitty,Monicajoy, & the yummy Lisa-Rachelle.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chixmama View Post
I'm glad his dad is being realistic & he can get some help for his son now. We had a little boy that was obviously autistic at the daycare where I used to work, & his mom refused to see it or get him help until the director told her she had to get him diagnosed & treated or he could no longer attend. And that short bus comment is absolutely disgusting. I hope her nasty attitude doesn't affect her son.

My BIL is so toally overwhelemd with work, taking his kids, and being a 29 year old single dad (you knwo, and the $350 per week for child support) and still, he knows something needs to be done. His ex wife is just so depressed, honestly, she just can't deal with this. He is already dealing with a good lawyer about getting full custody, and now we rerally don't see her putting up a fight. I feel bad for her, she's missing out on GREAT kids.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 PM
B/S/T with caution!!!

My Mood: Cheeky
shortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond reputeshortcake2386 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i wish his mama was as interested in helping him out. She told her daughter "Well I guess your brother is going to be riding the short bus from now on"
thats awful
Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned

My Mood: Sunshine
sunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond reputesunnie_skys has a reputation beyond repute

my nephew is autistic and SIL and her side of the family NEVER would admit that anything was wrong with their grandchildren!! He has auspergers and still not diagnosed. I am so glad that someone stepped into it to help out! Thank goodness you can finially relax!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned

My Mood: Confused
Naturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond reputeNaturallia has a reputation beyond repute

That's a relief, I'm sure
Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Just talkled with BIL. He sounds much better then he did last night. He told me he's ready to deal with this, and do whatever it takesto help his son.

he told me, "Ok, so he may not ever be captain of the football team, but I'm sure I'll be just as proud of him with his own accomplishments"

Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Brooding
4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute4chixmama has a reputation beyond repute

That's great. He sounds like a wonderful dad. Thank goodness your nephew has one caring parent.

The title fairy loves you.
Pink Cookie U~ Under Professor Hooha Nurse~
Lovin' on Jenny81, RMEwife, MisanthropeKitty,Monicajoy, & the yummy Lisa-Rachelle.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:08 PM

My Mood: Innocent
GGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond reputeGGisShort has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is just awful!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I have a blue nipple
AKA: Nikkis_little_ladies

Picklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond reputePicklesnapper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This infuriates me.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I could only poop glitter.
AKA: blossom

My Mood: Balanced
honeychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond reputehoneychild has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is not good. However, some people deal with things by trying to be funny. That doesn't seem quite appropriate though and i hope she didn't say it in front of him.
As far as I diagnosis, you are right to be relieved I think. Once that is established then their is a model of treatment.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:58 PM
won't apologize for farting or burping.

klen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond reputeklen has a reputation beyond repute

he sounds like an awesome dad! & I'm glad the little guy has a dad that is willing to do whatever he can to help. & that really is the only way with autism.