ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > High School

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I have a stick up my ass today
AKA: KeepYourBabyClose

My Mood: Angelic
MotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's talk sex and the high schooler.

What kind of sex education have you given your high schooler? Books? Internet resources?

We've always been really open with our DD about sex education but everything with her close friend being pregnant makes me think we need to do something more. More talks, more education, more, I don't know

So. Tell me what you tell your high schooler about sex?
MotherMoonPads Blog Etsy, Facebook
Old 10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Bookworm
maya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond repute

yes. i have since he was little. still do. usually we talk in the can casual like, but he also get information from school. they do sex ed.

seriously, it make me freaked out but i keep it cool.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Ohhhh sexy girlfriend...no more yanky my wanky...

My Mood: Sluggish
LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you know this already, but if you're not with them 24/7, you can't control what they do no matter what kind of values you teach them. Sucks. I did my very best with Angi. We talked about sex and love and everything. I can't believe I'm saying this outloud...we knew she was extremely boy crazy and all that. We kept a very close watch on her. She knew everything she needed to know. Until about age 17, the rule was that if she was hanging out with anyone, at anytime, there had to be an adult present. But, she was the girl who figured out how to have sex in school because she couldn't do it any other time. Yeah, school. My point is, if they want to do it, they will find a way and all we can do is give them the very best information. I couldn't stop her, but I think I did at least something right by stressing the "safe" way to go about it, because she didn't get pregnant until she was almost 19 and lived with her boyfriend. It could have been so much worse.

Zandria. I'm really not sure about her. She did a purity pledge a few years ago and I know at the time she meant it. But, just recently, I'm starting to wonder about her. Call it Mother's Instinct. She will be 18 in November. I will honestly be VERY surprised that if she is having sex, she wasn't taking every precaution. I know she learned a lot of what to do and not to do by watching Angi. Not to mention all my talk, talk, talk. I obviously don't like it if she is doing it, but at least I know she has the information she needs to not be totally stupid about it. I should also mention that her best friend has a year old baby. She sees her struggles. She has seen Angi's struggles. She also has little sisters and has helped take care of them. She has seen that you can do everything right and still end up with a child with special needs. She has mentioned that there is no way she'd ever want a baby until she knew she'd be capable of caring for it if it had special needs.

I don't know if that helped any, but I guess the big thing is TALK.A.LOT.

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Bookworm
maya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond repute

we talk a lot about ways not to get pregnant. planned parenthood is a great resource.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM
wasting energy on anonymous assholes

My Mood: Cool
TNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond repute

We have talked about sex and answered q's since he was very little. He has come to me with questions before and I answered. He also went through a sex ed outside the school through a local counseling center. It was way more in depth and graphic (STD pics, birth pictures of what actually happens) than the school is allowed to be and showed the very real negatives of having sex before you are ready.
That freaked him out pretty good
I highly recommend it to any parents of teens to check into or to show them yourself using internet.

So far so good. He is a virgin at 17 (yes for real,lol) and while I know he is quite interested (accidentally found the dirty picture stash *barf* ) he also seems to get that he is not ready. ****KNOCKING ON WOOD UNTIL KNUCKLES BLEED***
~~~~~~~
oh..adding...we do not just preach abstinence...I kinda made it sound that way. I have talked to him about birth control and told him if her ever needs condoms and is too embarrassed to buy them, to tell me and I would get them for him.

I also realize this is easier on the boys side than if I had a daughter and had to worry about BC and its' possible side effects for her.
Full Gallery of My Past Designs HERE

Join Kobieta on Twitter and Facebook!

"If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all." – Jacob G. Hornberger

Last edited by TNB; 10-02-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM
sometimes they REALLY need a good kicking
AKA: Treasures From Elf

My Mood: Banhappy
*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute

I obviously don't have a teenager or high schooler yet. I also home school so I CAN be with them except on youth trips and it is debatable if I'll allow them to go on them.

Movie Spoiler for Courageous - if you haven't seen and don't want it spoiled don't read.

Anyways, we recently watched "Courageous" and it shows a father taking her 15 year old daughter out to a very expensive restaurant. And making a pledge that he will protect her and let her know when he thinks a man is looking out for her heart and not just her body. Then he gives her a real diamond heart ring and puts it on her ring finger, where her wedding band will go, to be kept there until it is replaced by the wedding band.

I thought that was awesome.

When our girls turn 7, we start their hope chest. And when they start their cycle we will take them out to get their fabric for their wedding dress.

For our boys, I haven't quite decided what we will do. Fabric doesn't mean much to them but I'm thinking of having a kind of manly hope chest with them getting tools and learning how to use them, etc...

All with the goal that barring rape, they will save themselves for marriage.

PM me to find out more about Jamberry Nails!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I am SO EXCITED!!

My Mood: Stressed
Treighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond reputeTreighsie has a reputation beyond repute

My DD is 14. We have talked with her her whole life about sex and stuff. First it was your body, then boys... now it's totally to be careful, to not have sex until you're ready, to watch the boys because really, all the hormones are raging and all that. We make comments to her all the time, to the point that the other night she was mad at me and when I asked her why she said "Because you don't trust me" and what could I say?? I only said trust needs to be earned, and since this is new for us (her boyfriend, etc.) I have nothing to go on.
I hope her seeing me pregnant and sick, and dealing with a baby/toddler makes her think about not wanting to get pregnant.

Now, the boys are 12 and 10 and we certainly have not talked with them as much. We should. I'm kinda at a loss of what to say to them?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
the bigger the better, the tighter the sweater!

My Mood: Dead
NadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elf* View Post
I obviously don't have a teenager or high schooler yet. I also home school so I CAN be with them except on youth trips and it is debatable if I'll allow them to go on them.

Movie Spoiler for Courageous - if you haven't seen and don't want it spoiled don't read.

Anyways, we recently watched "Courageous" and it shows a father taking her 15 year old daughter out to a very expensive restaurant. And making a pledge that he will protect her and let her know when he thinks a man is looking out for her heart and not just her body. Then he gives her a real diamond heart ring and puts it on her ring finger, where her wedding band will go, to be kept there until it is replaced by the wedding band.

I thought that was awesome.

When our girls turn 7, we start their hope chest. And when they start their cycle we will take them out to get their fabric for their wedding dress.

For our boys, I haven't quite decided what we will do. Fabric doesn't mean much to them but I'm thinking of having a kind of manly hope chest with them getting tools and learning how to use them, etc...

All with the goal that barring rape, they will save themselves for marriage.
i love all of that!

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.
The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle,
you must fear or hate them.
The second is that to love someone
means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense.
You don’t have to compromise convictions
to be compassionate."

~Pastor Rick Warren~

Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 PM

MotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond reputeMotherMoonPads has a reputation beyond repute

I'm torn. Apparently it's the latest trend to do everything *but* sex, to prevent pregnancy. Of course that doesn't prevent STDs

And really, what the heck does a teenage girl get out of giving her boyfriend a blow job? How on earth does that benefit *her*?

This whole sex and the teenager thing just boggles my mind (although it obviously shouldn't )
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM

TNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond reputeTNB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
I'm torn. Apparently it's the latest trend to do everything *but* sex, to prevent pregnancy. Of course that doesn't prevent STDs

And really, what the heck does a teenage girl get out of giving her boyfriend a blow job? How on earth does that benefit *her*?

This whole sex and the teenager thing just boggles my mind (although it obviously shouldn't )
I think in many girls minds it is how they KEEP the boy.
Maybe emphasize that any boy worth keeping would respect her more than expecting that from her to keep HIM happy?

(I hope I am saying that right..not that BJ's are disrespectful...usually... but that the idea that she should HAVE to do it in order to keep the guy around is)

"If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all." – Jacob G. Hornberger

Old 10-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB View Post
I think in many girls minds it is how they KEEP the boy.
Maybe emphasize that any boy worth keeping would respect her more than expecting that from her to keep HIM happy?

(I hope I am saying that right..not that BJ's are disrespectful...usually... but that the idea that she should HAVE to do it in order to keep the guy around is)
DH and I were talking about it last night. I don't find BJs disrespectful in a normal, loving relationship, but I just totally don't get why a teenage girl would give one to her BF. Thanks for explaining that though, makes more sense now.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 AM

*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute*Elf* has a reputation beyond repute

It would be different if the BJs were reciprocal, but I (as an adult) refuse to give them because of the base of my neck being held, I personally find it demeaning if ever done that way.

Anyways, I think it is a good reminder that we need to let our children know that they can get permanently ill (STDs) by fooling around even if they can't get pregnant.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Crotch flap, baby?

-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has been discussing sex with our oldest since before he was our son. It's always been a VERY open topic in our family. We discuss the poor choices we made, why God calls us to lead a life of abstinence prior to marriage, and all that is included in being abstinent. We also make sure to keep the lines of communication open should our child need to discuss forms of birth control.

However, our kids are not allowed to date until they are ready to get married (20-22+). Our children also do not have unmonitored time. We know the adults in their schools, we know the people in charge of the activity groups that they are a part of, and we spend all of their free time with them.
If they really wanted to have sex, I know they could find a way. But, we don't leave much time for it.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elf* View Post
It would be different if the BJs were reciprocal, but I (as an adult) refuse to give them because of the base of my neck being held, I personally find it demeaning if ever done that way.

Anyways, I think it is a good reminder that we need to let our children know that they can get permanently ill (STDs) by fooling around even if they can't get pregnant.
Base of the neck being held??? I've never had my husband hold the base of my neck. He was never interested in BJ's when he wasn't a Christian and not abstaining ... and only became interested in them upon marrying me. He felt that they were disrespectful in and of themselves.

Last edited by -Blair-; 10-04-2011 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-04-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blair- View Post
My husband has been discussing sex with our oldest since before he was our son. It's always been a VERY open topic in our family. We discuss the poor choices we made, why God calls us to lead a life of abstinence prior to marriage, and all that is included in being abstinent. We also make sure to keep the lines of communication open should our child need to discuss forms of birth control.

However, our kids are not allowed to date until they are ready to get married (20-22+). Our children also do not have unmonitored time. We know the adults in their schools, we know the people in charge of the activity groups that they are a part of, and we spend all of their free time with them.
If they really wanted to have sex, I know they could find a way. But, we don't leave much time for it.
~~~~~~~

Base of the neck being held??? I've never had my husband hold the base of my neck. He was never interested in BJ's when he wasn't a Christian and not abstaining ... and only became interested in them upon marrying me. He felt that they were disrespectful in and of themselves.
Yeah, when I used to give them he would hold my hair or the base of my neck, I have issues with anyone even near my face, let alone my neck.

If you even try to touch my neck, I will flinch and make it so you can't touch at all. (If that makes sense)

Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blair- View Post

~~~~~~~

I was going to ask that too

But we are another couple in the camp if him not being comfortable with it at first and it taking awhile of marriage and me saying it was fine for him to feel it was not disrespectful to me. He doesn't touch my head or neck though...but yeah I agree with Elf..that would bug the hell out of me.
~~~~~~~
I just realized we have managed to turn this thread into a loveshack thread by accident

sorry mods!!

Last edited by TNB; 10-04-2011 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN