ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Regionally Speaking > USA > South Central

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Penises are funny.

My Mood: Procrastinating
amygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't just the heat it is the heat combined with constant humidity. Let's just say that by the time I am done putting one kid in their carseat, I have a little sweat going on my forehead just from the heat. Kids adapt to it quickly though. A plus side is that it is swimming weather for 10 months a year if it isn't a year with a ton of glorious cold fronts.

36 weeks HELLP and PRE-E free

34 weeks HELLP and PRE-E free
Old 10-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Penises are funny.

My Mood: Procrastinating
amygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Okay. Two real questions. Because I asked this on another board and got a lot of these responses

In regards to the heat : Is it really THAT much worse than 100+ inches of snow and -10 windchills?? Like. We can't really enjoy the outdoors 6 months of the year and have to shovel and de-Ice our driveways AND watch for crappy road conditions all winter (December thru may).

I've heard that traffic and commutes are terrible. I get traffic. It's a major city. People are warning me that living in the suburbs would mean a 30-40 minute commute. Weve always had a 30-90 minute commute no matter where we've lived , so this doesn't seem like too big a deal to me. But it's been brought up so often that I feel like I'm missing some key component.
That depends a lot on what time you have to be at work and what roads you have to use to get there. I would look at a houston traffic app for a while to get an idea of how it goes. It shouldn't be as bad going in to the city from up north as it is for people down south at I 45 . I 10 can get pretty blocked up too. People drive insanely scary on 59. Beltway 8 toll road is pretty easy for houston freeways. People are not friendly drivers here, the turn signal often doesn't get used on freeways because people like to speed up so other people can't get over.

If you need to take a toll road make sure to account that into your budget. We spend $200 a month on the toll road a month again now that we live in NE hout on and DH works in Jersey Vilage again. Regardless if you need the toll road fo work, I suggest you get an easy tag electronic toll road pay tag, it's makes it cheaper and you don't have to stop at the pay booths.

36 weeks HELLP and PRE-E free

34 weeks HELLP and PRE-E free
Old 10-29-2015, 08:17 PM
I need a blow job

My Mood: Happy
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygamie View Post
It isn't just the heat it is the heat combined with constant humidity. Let's just say that by the time I am done putting one kid in their carseat, I have a little sweat going on my forehead just from the heat. Kids adapt to it quickly though. A plus side is that it is swimming weather for 10 months a year if it isn't a year with a ton of glorious cold fronts.
I will never forget my first time in Dallas - my flight arrived after 11 PM in July. i stepped out of the airport and into a wall of humidity. It was such a crazy feeling! And - this will probably sound weird - I could smell water in the air when I would spend any time outside.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:14 AM
I don't want to smell what comes out of my ass

mommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond reputemommytoonegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Commutes if there is an accident could easily be 2 hours. We lived in the Katy area and when I was going to school Downtown I left at minimum 1.5 hours before my class to account for traffic. There is never not traffic except the wee hours of the morning. The heat is oppressive but if you get a home or apartment with a community pool it helps. Kids are usually fine in terms of heat it'll take you a bit longer. There are times where there is no point in showering because you will be drenched in sweat from going outside. I have in my experience dealt with heat in excess of 105 and heat index of 120 and 100% humidity. The afternoon storms just make it worse. I was born and raised in Houston!
~~~~~~~
Yeah traffic is a whole 'nother breed there. I learned to drive there in the city and definitely have not quite learned to not be as aggressive. Your turn signal is obsolete. If you have it on don't expect to be let over (as a general rule) and if you see someone coming with one on, don't expect them to actually be turning. I'm speaking in generalities of course. Once I even witnessed someone open their car door on a motorcycle rider who was cutting up the shoulder to by-pass traffic.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/Intern. Working on my license

Last edited by mommytoonegirl; 10-30-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 10-30-2015, 12:34 AM
I love penises and nothing but penises
AKA: T&E's Mama

My Mood: Fine
Brandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond repute

What a PP said.. it's not the heat, but the humidity that does us all in. Whereas places like, say Phoenix.. the actual temp is higher, it feels much worse here because of the wall of humidity you get. It can feel suffocating at times.

If you are a fan of Fall, then Texas is the place for you.. you just do not get much of the colorful changes (none at all down where I am). Our winter is basically a typical Fall in other places. But it comes and goes. The weather can go from 45* one day to 70* (during the winter) the next so that's why some of us never change out our closets
what my heart sounds like from the inside.
Tommy (04/06) Emma (01/10) & Brenna (03/15)
Old 10-30-2015, 02:58 AM
Amazing!!! Unless it gets in your hooha...

My Mood: Balanced
~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares!! Move here and we can run races together!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:10 AM
All I hAd to do was read the thread title and... Instant kegels.

My Mood: In Love
Jae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond reputeJae has a reputation beyond repute

In the winter, right?? Lol
Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Amazing!!! Unless it gets in your hooha...

My Mood: Balanced
~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*MaRy*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
In the winter, right?? Lol
Yeah. I don't run in the Houston hell heat.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:14 PM
the laundry basket is CRACKING me up!

My Mood: Artistic
abmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond reputeabmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
What a PP said.. it's not the heat, but the humidity that does us all in. Whereas places like, say Phoenix.. the actual temp is higher, it feels much worse here because of the wall of humidity you get. It can feel suffocating at times.

If you are a fan of Fall, then Texas is the place for you.. you just do not get much of the colorful changes (none at all down where I am). Our winter is basically a typical Fall in other places. But it comes and goes. The weather can go from 45* one day to 70* (during the winter) the next so that's why some of us never change out our closets
Yep!

The heat and humidity are oppressive but it doesn't keep us trapped indoors with no chance of driving like with winter storms. Our winters are wet with drizzle, not snow. I adore our winters but I've definitely spent some Christmases in shorts and flip flops. And like Brandi said, there's no packing up summer clothes because any given day can call for short sleeves. There are days in the summer where you won't WANT to go outside but your safety isn't compromised by leaving your house!

I can't say a lot about traffic because I'm south and don't have a commute. DH doesn't work downtown so his commute is different. I just know when It's ok to hop oh the freeway to go somewhere and when It's not!
~~~~~~~
Oh, and it's currently 1.79/gallon for gas in my town!

Last edited by abmama; 10-30-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN