ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Fur Kids

Notices

Old 03-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Ohhhh sexy girlfriend...no more yanky my wanky...

My Mood: Sluggish
LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog Food

I hate to admit this, but we have been feeding our dog really crappy food for way too long due to our finances. I had a big bag of it left when I decided I wanted to start feeding him better food. He was on a "diet" for about a year and he finally got to a normal weight before winter started. We keep giving him the same amount of food because he is staying at the same weight.

I have tried to switch his food twice now. Both foods were a "light" type so he won't gain the weight back. I can't remember the first brand, but it didn't agree with him at all. We were mixing it with his old food a bit at a time. He vomited every day he ate that first food. I bought some Science Diet on Saturday and have been slowing mixing it with his old food. He's been a gas machine for the past two days. It's disgusting. Do you think if I keep adding it to his food that he will get used to it or am I stuck trying to find something new again? If so, what would you recommend? He weighs around 35 pounds.

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:37 PM
makes me think Vagazzel! in the Shamwow guy voice
AKA: Rannensmom

My Mood: Sad
BeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond repute

Science Diet isn't really a great food. Honestly if you're switching to that you might as well just stay with what you're feeding now

This website can be really helpful when picking a food. Breed and age matter to an extent as well, but I would try to switch to something grain free if you can afford it.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 03-10-2015, 11:53 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

We are using 4Health from TSC thanks to the recommendation of a friend.
~~~~~~~
It's grain free. It's $38 for a 30lb bag or $22 for a 16lb bag

― Erin Hanson

Last edited by QueenRainbow; 03-10-2015 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 03-10-2015, 11:58 PM

LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute

When I was looking at food at Petco, anything above Science Diet was around $50 for 20-30 pound bags if I remember right. Is there a food I can get online somewhere that's good, but not crazy expensive?

Dorian is a really healthy dog even on the crap food. My big concern is that, I think because the food is so crappy, he's always hungry. When we got him, he was seriously underweight and neglected. Even as underweight as he was, he never begged for food. There must be a decent food out there that doesn't cost a fortune that will give him enough nutrition that he won't feel starved all the time.

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:02 AM

QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a Tractor Supply nearby?

― Erin Hanson

Old 03-11-2015, 12:03 AM

I never thought about Tractor Supply. That's right across the street from Petco.

OMG, this dog stinks so bad.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:06 AM

That's where the 4Health is from. It's grain free and they have different flavors.

― Erin Hanson

Old 03-11-2015, 01:23 AM
yay for sore boobs!

My Mood: Chatty
symphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a Cosco nearby? If you do, their brand name food is really good(grain free varieties available) and rather inexpensive. Not sure on the exact price, I just know they have it.

I apologize in advance for any grammar errors, stupid Ipod!
Old 03-11-2015, 02:58 AM
totally crazysauce

My Mood: Balanced
jennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulChaos View Post
Science Diet isn't really a great food. Honestly if you're switching to that you might as well just stay with what you're feeding now

This website can be really helpful when picking a food. Breed and age matter to an extent as well, but I would try to switch to something grain free if you can afford it.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/
Yes to this. I use dogfoodadvisor.com often. I know every dog is different, but my dog was quite gassy until I switched my dog to a grain free food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaEileen View Post
When I was looking at food at Petco, anything above Science Diet was around $50 for 20-30 pound bags if I remember right. Is there a food I can get online somewhere that's good, but not crazy expensive?

Dorian is a really healthy dog even on the crap food. My big concern is that, I think because the food is so crappy, he's always hungry. When we got him, he was seriously underweight and neglected. Even as underweight as he was, he never begged for food. There must be a decent food out there that doesn't cost a fortune that will give him enough nutrition that he won't feel starved all the time.
To the bolded-you should be able to feed less of a quality food. A quality food should make him feel full longer.

I am currently feeding my dog the grain free version of the Rachael Ray food which you can get at the supermarket or WalMart and received 4/5 stars on the dog food advisor site and fresh pet wet food which received 5/5 stars.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:10 AM
Mhm, mhm love me some cooter flavored candy

My Mood: Fine
EmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaBelle has a reputation beyond repute

We feed our dog Chicken Soup for the adult dog (yes, like the books). We get it at our local ag center/hardware store. I did a lot of research before deciding on it and then a friend of DH's, who is also a dog trainer and world class dog training competitor, recommended it to us during training classes.

Wifey to Carly and Kristen
Old 03-11-2015, 06:53 AM
peeing while standing up is easy

My Mood: Fine
Nikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond reputeNikilata has a reputation beyond repute

Wag.com often has good sales for ppl who are buying from them for the first time, its 15% off for 3 months for first time customers right now.
We use wellness core for one dog and wellness simple for the other.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:50 PM

My Mood: Sunshine
Mamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond reputeMamma_Viola has a reputation beyond repute

We use Merrick. Definitely have much healthier animals since making the switch.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:13 PM
can pee in all kinds of directions

My Mood: Question
txranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond reputetxranchinmama has a reputation beyond repute

I also use 4 health from Tractor supply. The salmon and potato one works well for us. Whatever you do, don't use Purina dog foods. None of them. Dogs are dropping dead left and right. I bought some purina a couple of weeks ago when I didn't have time to run into to town to get food from TSC. It immediately make my geriatric boxer extremely ill.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:27 PM

I saw that Rachael Ray food at Walmart the other day and was wondering about it. I'm going to look through that link this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I need a blow job

My Mood: Happy
mandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond reputemandy_moo has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Kirkland brand (from Costco) grain free foods are around $35 for a 30# bag. We use those and they seem okay for our dogs.