ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Fur Kids

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baby Cockatiel Chronicles

So, we started with one cockatiel a month ago and it turns out they're like potato chips. You can't have just one. So we've taken over a few breeding pairs, plus some babies still in the nest from breeders who could no longer care for their birds.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share the babies' progress here. And if anyone has any good ideas for names, suggestions are welcome! I need something else to call them besides color codes. lol

Here they are all together the night we brought them home. From top to bottom: C1, C2, and Grey. C1 and C2 are clutch mates and look just like their mom (a cinnamon) which means they are probably both boys since the sex-linked traits pass to the opposite sex. We have their mom and one of the males we got is possibly their dad. We're not 100% sure since their parents were kept in an outdoor aviary with multiple breeding pairs. Grey is from different parents and was the only viable egg in his clutch so we went ahead and took him too. He has yellow fuzz on his back so I think he'll just be a normal grey (which means he could just as easily be a she lol). The breeder had another clutch of 3 (all pearled) but I didn't want to take on 6 my first time hand feeding.

C1 - The oldest in the bunch.

Grey - Exact same weight as C1 but feathers aren't quite as developed so he's probably a day or two younger.

C2 - He seems to be farther than 2 days behind C1 (the eggs are laid every other day) so I'm assuming there was another egg or two between them that didn't hatch. I love that he has a white crest.

I will continue to update as they grow. And they grow fast. lol
Thanks for looking!

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Deep I like it deep.

My Mood: Cheerful
MeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond repute

Aww they're so cute and ugly all at once.

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~Les Brown

Autocorrect likes to change names on me, I'm sorry if I call you something else.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 PM
sure does know how to show her meat off!
AKA: tyleratsgirl

My Mood: Stressed
myluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww! I agree so ugly and cute

I love Grey's little face! Somehow even though they look the same he looks a little different.

My grandma used to raise birds. ALL kinds. Cockatiels were a favorite of hers and she had one very cool guy named Roadrunner. He talked up a storm all the time and ran around the house like he owned it. He told you how much of a pretty bird he was A LOT.
~~~~~~~
He also picked on the chihuahua he was so funny.

Last edited by myluvtat2; 07-10-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Well yes I'd love to take your virginity

My Mood: Elated
Paty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond reputePaty's Loveys has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I love cockatiels and it,s my first time seing babes
Oceane 2/22/2014
Coraline Angéline 2/25/2016
and Dolan 2/22/2017
Paty's Loveys I turn into
I'm always willing to trade!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Penises are funny.

My Mood: Procrastinating
amygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond reputeamygamie has a reputation beyond repute

They are cute goofy little things. I like how they look like they have big personalities, especially the little guy in the last picture.

36 weeks HELLP and PRE-E free

34 weeks HELLP and PRE-E free
Old 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Whatever it takes to get some boobs!

My Mood: Relaxed
FuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzyToaster has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh! They are SO cute! I love them. I had a grey named Petree. He would say Petree tree tree tree tree and so on. He was an awesome bird.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 PM

myluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond reputemyluvtat2 has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin also has one. Not sure what his name it though. He flew onto her husbands shoulder out of nowhere one day while he was out fishing on his boat. He sings the Andy Griffith song and is so cute. They tried to find his owner, but with no luck and have had him ever since.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:37 PM

urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

You think they're ugly now you should see them before real feathers start to come in! At around a week old all they have is fuzz and some pin feathers sticking out everywhere. They'll stay pretty ugly and goofy looking for another couple weeks though. Then they'll finally start to look like small cockatiels instead of tiny feathered aliens.

They definitely all develop their own personalities though! Its hard to really see it with breeders/untame birds because they have no desire to spend time with humans but our two pet birds have very different personalities.

Anyway, looks like we MAY have another clutch soon! Since we brought in the 2nd and 3rd breeder pairs, I've had the boys and girls separated. Today, I pushed their cages together with doors open and coaxed the girls into the boys' cage. I wanted to see if we managed to get a pair that are already bonded. Within 10 minutes, two of them started doing the mating dance. I'm assuming that means they're NOT the parents of Grey or the other clutch and were probably on the verge of mating/laying when we bought them. Which means the other two (C1 and C2's mom and an orange cheeked male) probably aren't a pair. C1 and C2 are white faced which is a recessive gene so unless the orange cheeked male is carrying the gene, he can't be their dad. Our original pair (orange cheeked female and white faced male) don't seem to be too interested in each other anymore though so I will probably swap them and just pray they like each other. lol Plus, putting all the white faced parents together means more white faced babies and other neat mutations.

Carly
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy

Old 07-10-2014, 05:44 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganPaige View Post
Aww they're so cute and ugly all at once.
So true!
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).
Old 07-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Better keep your beaver away
AKA: Mom24Babes

Location: Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
BeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Squee!

Wifey to Maggie!

I'm a Mary Kay Consultant and Plexus Ambassador, too!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM

Meet the parents.

We decided to rename them all with more general HP names since we're not sure how they're going to pair up and it would be awkward if Narcissa and Lucius were screwing around on each other. lol

Left to right: Hedwig (female), Fawkes (male), Rowena (female).

Left to right: Fawkes, Hedwig, Buckbeak, Rowena. The two in the middle are the ones that were doing the mating ritual earlier today. They also made a duo escape about an hour ago.

Nagini (female) on the right, Scabbers (male) on the left.

~~~~~~~
Oh, and we picked out names for the babies.

Snitch, Quaffle, and Bludger.

Carly
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy

Last edited by urchin_grey; 07-10-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

I love their names!!
It would be awkward and hilarious if Lucius and Molly hooked up

Old 07-10-2014, 10:07 PM

Aw! Love their colors I don't remember my grandma ever having any of the grey/white ones.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaerRuthryis View Post
I love their names!!
It would be awkward and hilarious if Lucius and Molly hooked up
Duffy and I said the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myluvtat2 View Post
Aw! Love their colors I don't remember my grandma ever having any of the grey/white ones.
Yeah, its a recessive gene so if you don't have a pair who both carry the gene, none of the babies will visibly have it. And although its called "white faced", their face won't necessarily be solid white. It just means an absence of the yellow/orange pigmentation. Hedwig, Rowena, Scabbers, and Buckbeak are all white faced.

Carly
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy

Old 07-11-2014, 01:32 AM
my will power isn't strong enough to turn down the beaver butt

My3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond reputeMy3sons has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww my mom bred cockatiels when I was growing. I loved hand feeding them and seeing the personalities. I wish I could convince dh that we need a pair.

Yes, I have 4 sons. No, I'm not changing my username.

I LOVE to trade! Try me!

North Star Knits is now on Facebook!

North Star Knits is on Etsy.

*Newly hitched to Holly Golightly*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
But seriously yo, don't mess with the crazy string people. COLORED STRING 4 LYFE!!