ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Fur Kids

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Ohhhh sexy girlfriend...no more yanky my wanky...

My Mood: Sluggish
LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute
Default De-worming kittens

Remember how I said we'd never get another cat when my husband found that sweet cat that we gave to Zandria? You guessed it. We got a kitten. That one was kind of "dumped" on us too. Long story, but someone Angi knew found it on the side of the road and now we've had her for a month. We couldn't get her into the vet until a week after we had her. In that time frame we discovered she had worms. Without too many gross details, lets just say, there was puke involved. Vet gave her a dewormer pill and some antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. We thought the worms were gone since we hadn't seen any sign of them. But, yesterday, she...well, there was puke involved again. She has been vomiting once a day, but without evidence of worms. We thought it was because she kept finding our 15 year old cats canned food and it wasn't agreeing with her. Now I think it's probably because she's infested with worms. The vet never said to de-worm her again, but I've been reading that it should be done every 2 weeks until they are 8 weeks, then monthly until 6 months. I bought some de-wormer last night and gave it to her. I will be calling the vet again since we need to set up a time to get her spayed. But, I'm wondering if any one has had experience with a kitten having worms and how you treated it. We've had 3 other cats and have never had this problem before.

She's much bigger now, but this is Willow the night we got her.

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Deep I like it deep.

My Mood: Cheerful
MeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond reputeMeganPaige has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is deworming is a monthly pill three times. Call the vets office and ask. The receptionists are usually great with free advice and because they've already seen the kitty recently they might be able to give you meds without a visit, that is as long as she doesn't need abx.
~~~~~~~
And has she had a flea treatment?

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~Les Brown

Autocorrect likes to change names on me, I'm sorry if I call you something else.

Last edited by MeganPaige; 09-14-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 09-14-2014, 04:33 PM

LisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond reputeLisaEileen has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully she doesn't have fleas. We've dealt with those before so we are really careful about bringing an animal into the house before thoroughly inspecting. With the worms I saw, I didn't want to wait until Monday to call the vet, that's why I went to Petco and grabbed dewormer and did it right away.

New (old fart) college student. Working hard to be a Social Worker when I grow up.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Inactive Member

jessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond reputejessicalee has a reputation beyond repute

I believe its going to depend on what type of worms as to how and how often to treat. if you can Id save a sample to show vet or take a good picture. she may need a specific type of med for the type of worm she has.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM

They're roundworms.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:10 AM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

How's your little kitten doing?
Fiancée to Jason
Old 11-06-2014, 01:23 PM

She's huge since this post! lol This is what goes on half the day at my house. (short video clip) Ignore the mess.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:27 AM
yay for sore boobs!

My Mood: Chatty
symphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond reputesymphony of pixels has a reputation beyond repute

I love seeing animals play fighting like that.

I apologize in advance for any grammar errors, stupid Ipod!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:59 AM

Dorian is such a gentle little wimp. She can do anything to him and he just looks at her like...wth? And sits there.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:16 PM
my nipples grew

My Mood: Thinking
raindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond reputeraindrop_333 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww haha.
Fiancée to Jason