ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Regionally Speaking > USA > South Central

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 AM
When it comes to beavers is fresh or vintage better?

My Mood: Fine
k8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey Texas folks...

I'm heading to Dallas/Fort Worth area next week, Grapevine to be exact, for the MOPS convention.

Someone suggested bringing sunscreen that includes bug spray in it. I'm a total California girl and we don't really have bugs here, except at night and even then it's not so bad. Is the bug spray REALLY neccessary during the day?

If so...Any recommendations on a brand? I'd prefer not to be doused in chemicals, but bugs tend to like me, so I don't want to be eaten up either.

Blue Room Creations
ETSY
Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Hang on to your prophylactics,
I shall return to spread the love soon

My Mood: Dramaqueen
Rocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you are going to be out in the evenings or after a wet period... No. Fire ants are bad, but they don't bite unless you step in their homes for the most part. We've been pretty dry lately and there are next to no mosquitoes. We do have a lot of bugs, but not like swarms of biting bugs of biblical proportions.

Lady of the interwebs house to Rachel, Chasity and Gwen
Ringmaster and Custodial Service provider to:

The Hellion- 3.30.2008 and The twins, Boss Lady and Loki 6.19.2010
Watched over by our spirit baby, Evelyn 4/06

"If you can't fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
If you can’t walk, crawl.
But by all means keep moving.”
Dr. Martin Luther King

Want 10% off epic leggings or dresses?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:10 AM

k8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond reputek8secondo has a reputation beyond repute

So this is at a giant resort-like area, so we should be clear of ant hills, it's all paved.

That's what I was thinking. I understand bringing bug spray for at dusk/night, but the sunscreen with bug spray implied daytime bugs and I got a little freaked about giant Texas-sized bugs.

Blue Room Creations
ETSY
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 AM

Rocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of wasps/hornets and spiders this year, but nothing that is going to attack you and necessitate constantly wearing bug repellent. Defintely wear sunblock, though. It's been viciously hot without a cloud in the sky.

"If you can't fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
Dr. Martin Luther King

Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM
I need a title!!

AnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieinTx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm down near Houston, and bugs aren't that bad, I haven't used bug spray or anything once since I moved down in October....I lived in Minnesota my whole life before moving down here, and that is where bugs are bad....
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Queen View Post
There are a lot of wasps/hornets and spiders this year, but nothing that is going to attack you and necessitate constantly wearing bug repellent. Defintely wear sunblock, though. It's been viciously hot without a cloud in the sky.
Yeah, the heat has me a bit scared too. I've been to Texas before, but in April when it was nice and mild. Thankfully we'll be indoors the whole time we are there except when we venture out to the water park!

Blue Room Creations
ETSY
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 PM

It has been 104+ all week. I have pretty much refused to go outside.

"If you can't fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
Dr. Martin Luther King

Old 08-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Procrastinating
jennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It has been 104+ all week. I have pretty much refused to go outside.
I've been hiding inside too, but at night I haven't noticed any mosquitos. You might have some in the evening that would be bothersome since you'll be close to lake Grapevine, but for the most part we haven't had any problems. I'm in Ft. Worth. It's actually been so bug free that I never even got around to making my herbal bug repellant this year.
(¸.•´ (¸.•.•¸¸.•¨¯`•._.*.,.
Jennifer
~ wife to Jimmy~
Mom to Gabriel(11)Lilith(8)
~Essential oils and natural body care~
Scentsory Creations on Facebook
Scentsory Creations on Etsy
Old 08-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer.kite View Post
I've been hiding inside too, but at night I haven't noticed any mosquitos. You might have some in the evening that would be bothersome since you'll be close to lake Grapevine, but for the most part we haven't had any problems. I'm in Ft. Worth. It's actually been so bug free that I never even got around to making my herbal bug repellant this year.
I spoke too soon. Wouldn't you know the kids demanded to go ride their ride toys outside right now at noon? I'm sitting her melting.

"If you can't fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
Dr. Martin Luther King

Old 08-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Procrastinating
jennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond reputejennifer.kite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I spoke too soon. Wouldn't you know the kids demanded to go ride their ride toys outside right now at noon? I'm sitting her melting.
You're braver than me. I had to sit through an hour of basketball practice last night. 7pm and 105 out. My kids are out back playing, but there will be no play out front where I have to monitor. At least out back I can sit in the kitchen and knit without melting away and still watch them.
(¸.•´ (¸.•.•¸¸.•¨¯`•._.*.,.
Jennifer
~ wife to Jimmy~
Mom to Gabriel(11)Lilith(8)
~Essential oils and natural body care~
Scentsory Creations on Facebook
Scentsory Creations on Etsy
Old 08-03-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer.kite View Post
You're braver than me. I had to sit through an hour of basketball practice last night. 7pm and 105 out. My kids are out back playing, but there will be no play out front where I have to monitor. At least out back I can sit in the kitchen and knit without melting away and still watch them.
I was in the shade. They can brave the sun without me since I can supervise just fine from the garage.

"If you can't fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
Dr. Martin Luther King

Old 08-04-2012, 03:04 AM

I'll bring my sunscreen for the day and the California Baby bug repellent for night.

It's supposed to be 80 at night which sounds wonderful! Here, no matter how hot it is during the day, it always drops down to 60 or below at night. I'm excited to experience some "hot summer nights" !

Blue Room Creations
ETSY