ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > High School

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 AM
wanting to eat tongue

My Mood: Worried
emerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond reputeemerelaino has a reputation beyond repute

I can completely relater...my 13 yr old dd is so like that and we have the conversation at least twice a week about everything not needing to be an arguement. It does make you feel like you are alternately banging your head on a wall and talking to a wall, and can be very challenging to maintain your patience.
~~~~~~~
*relate...my fatigue is showing!

Laura
Mom to 3 big girls and
2 little twin boys

Last edited by emerelaino; 02-06-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM
not pinching the tip seems to be working OK for us.

My Mood: Cynical
messy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!! You're the mom of a teenager!!!!

I do certainly understand the frustration though. My 13 y/o is is pretty argumentative too but sometimes I can still reason with him. I fear that will end soon. He also thinks the world (me) is out to get him and him only. I swear, I could be angry at both boys for fighting and talking (yelling ) to them about it and he will say, "Why are you only talking to me!"

But I think my 3 y/o is the worst at arguing. She will make up arguments out of the blue. One morning we're in the silent car and she says nonchalantly "it is not morning", when it was clearly morning, we were taking DS to school. I ignore her and signal to DS not to say anything or look at her.

"It's not morning!", she says again.

As difficult as it is, we ignore her again.

The next thing out of her mouth?

"I'm talking to you, mommy." She wasn't yelling, she was just letting me know that she wants me to respond, or argue I guess.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Crotch flap, baby?

-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute

Heather, I am cracking up. I LOVE 3-year-olds! I love their logic and their "facts" that they throw out so often. They're adorable. That's why I own a Preschool!

Teenagers lack the cute factor. Maybe it's because he is BIGGER than me, I don't know, but there's no "Awww, at least he is adorable!" thing happening. He is handsome, that's for sure, and I love him to death ... but not cute. The only time I find him cute is when he know he is being irrational and he starts giggling. Oh yes, sometimes he KNOWS it.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerelaino View Post
I can completely relater...my 13 yr old dd is so like that and we have the conversation at least twice a week about everything not needing to be an arguement. It does make you feel like you are alternately banging your head on a wall and talking to a wall, and can be very challenging to maintain your patience.
~~~~~~~
*relate...my fatigue is showing!
AYYYYYYYYYY-MEN!

Sometimes, if it has gone on for an hour ... I just end up saying, "Shhhh!" like I'm a librarian. It makes me laugh. I need laughter. It is my sanity saver.

Last edited by -Blair-; 02-06-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Amused
zukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond repute

Teens suck. They are whiny, hormonal, crazy little (big) alien people grown from the cute little things that suck us in, chew us up, and spit us back out.

Abby had a history project assigned last week and due today. It was a pretty straightforward, easy project but time consuming. I told her to work on the design and I would get poster board Saturday and help her cut everything out and label. I don't mind helping with the physical stuff given her situation, but I won't help with the mental components. She procrastinated to the point of staying up until 3AM this morning to finish it. It looks like total ~POOP~, and I hope she gets a bad grade and learns a lesson.
Yes, I DO realize that I mention bean and cheese burritos in at least every 3rd post. This will not end until Rosas takes away my key fob coupon that gives me a free bean and cheese burrito with a drink purchase. They have finally limited me to one bean and cheese burrito per visit.
Please remember to use proper CaPiTaLiZaTiOn....It's the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Crotch flap, baby?

-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute

Um. Are our kids FRIENDS???? This sounds like our son.
~~~~~~~
The sad part is, we never witnessed him being a cute little. I think that would help my sanity to be able to remember the times that he was such a cute, sweet, nice little helper.

Last edited by -Blair-; 02-06-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Amused
zukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond reputezukeypur has a reputation beyond repute

Well, abby was cute until she hit the terrible 2s at 18 months, and when she sleeps.
Yes, I DO realize that I mention bean and cheese burritos in at least every 3rd post. This will not end until Rosas takes away my key fob coupon that gives me a free bean and cheese burrito with a drink purchase. They have finally limited me to one bean and cheese burrito per visit.
Please remember to use proper CaPiTaLiZaTiOn....It's the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Crotch flap, baby?

Thank you for reminding me. He IS cute when he sleeps.