ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > High School

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 04:55 AM
I only put it in all the way when I get an itch.

travelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond reputetravelinmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default keeping track of homework

Sapphire is doing pretty good this year except for math. She doesn't understand most of the time, is afraid to ask for help, then falls behind and its too overwhelming to try and catch up. I ask her about her homework and she says it's fine. She does have a study hall period so should be able to complete most of it then. She needs a good system for keeping up and some advice on getting her to ask for help... I was a goody goody and did my homework right away in high school so I don't have any tips beyond that. How do you help your kids manage?

Swype is not my friend, please ignore my autocorrect issues.

WAHM behind Elaina's 10% off your order with the code CDN10

Shattered Fragments of Light

FB for Me
Follow Me![/COLOR]
Cyber-hitched to Drea and Katie.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:19 AM
CoopHost
Wow I'm rude

My Mood: Grumpy
cblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond reputecblurose has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 8th grader who struggles with math. Thankfully she has a friend in 9th grade that can help her from time to time. Could she find a friend that could help her or ask for help during her study hall period?

My coupon blog...http://carriescouponland.blogspot.com/
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

I joined the math club when I wanted extra help in math. No kidding.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 03-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Peeping, not posting.

My Mood: Lurking
cmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond reputecmarsh31 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - she needs someone to sit down with her (what grade/level?). HS kids just don't seem to ask for help well. Some schools have Honor Society students who do after school tutoring for their community service or extra help after school.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:01 PM
You sure have a mystery on your hands, err...

My Mood: Balanced
Veganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond repute

I keep up with DS' grades on line and if I see a missing assignment we talk about it. I have also been known to email the teacher. And I strongly encourage him to go in early for support even if he thinks he is doing fine w/o it. Does the school let you check grades? Do you email the teachers about your worries? I think you should work as part of the team in helping her even if it means going in early with her to talk to the teacher for an early conference. (((hugs)))
Old 03-21-2014, 03:16 PM
not pinching the tip seems to be working OK for us.

My Mood: Cynical
messy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond reputemessy mama has a reputation beyond repute

We have an online site where homework is posted along with grades for each class. It is very helpful because kids that age are usually so open and communicative.