ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > High School

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I want a clown scooter and a candy dildo!

My Mood: Scurvy
QueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond reputeQueenRainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Sandy this is a QR code

I don't think anyone uses qr codes. LOL You see them on products and stuff but I've never met anyone who has actually used them. I agree with Chrystal, I don't see the point in learning to use them when they were a giant fail.

― Erin Hanson

Old 10-11-2013, 11:10 PM
:boobs: and :bacon: are always win.
AKA: momma2Mimi07

My Mood: Cheeky
Lint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond reputeLint Licker has a reputation beyond repute

The local public highschool just went to all ipads for every student. You pay a $25 fee to take it home all year and there is another fee to keep it over summer. They are super restricted and you can only download a small amount of qpps... its interesting to see the schools doig this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Workin' for the WEEDEND

My Mood: Scared
majic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond reputemajic2lee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to 3 View Post
So I'm bumping this to share my experience last night in MY class (I'm getting a masters in education, and this was an english language learner class but that doesn't really matter..)

My instructor last night was telling us (she teaches high school Science) that her school, and lots of schools, are really making a push to utilize more technology that the kids "already have with them". She didn't mention any QR codes, but was telling us that there are apparently apps now that are kind of like quiz responders. She can ask a question, and the kids can go in the this app and like vote or respond, and then the answers come up on the website and they can see the results.

She herself is doing any of this yet because she isn't familiar with it (only has a flip phone still) but she said that during her evaluation from the Principal the other day he specifically asked her if she was using any of these technologies. Because she isn't yet, she signed up for some professional development topics on the subject.

A few of us brought up concerns like the ones brought up here, and she agreed, and obviously you can't force a kid to have this stuff, but it seems like this is the new direction things are heading.

Just thought it was interesting to share!
When I did my senior year of my teaching degree (in English fwiw) 2 years ago, we were taught (actually had 2 entire classes) on including technology in lessons. From online classrooms, to quiz responders mentioned above, to texting... It's definitely the direction schools and education seem to be heading. My 4th grader's entire years math homework is online!

New Year, New Goals!
- To be AMAZING in everything I do and am!
- To clear the extra out of this house! 1557/2014

I need some stuff!
ISO:
Girls size 7/8 dresses
Girls size 8 LS tops
Boys 2t one piece rompers
Small/Medium GIRLY wool
Inexpensive girly fitteds