ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Parents Place > Wee ones

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Bookworm
kelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Busy bag ideas

I have started homeschooling Roland (6) and little sister is super bored and jealous. She loves projects and crafts, but keeping big brother on the right track with his work has kept us from doing too much. Her third birthday is next week and I think I want to make a lot of busy bags as her gift. I have searched Pinterest but I am having a hard time finding things that are on the right age level. Any suggestions on specific ideas that were a hit in your house fit that age? Thanks!
Old 02-15-2017, 01:23 PM
You sure have a mystery on your hands, err...

My Mood: Balanced
Veganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond reputeVeganmamma has a reputation beyond repute

dot pens, stamps, stickers, finger paints, double meaning puzzles like eye spy and matching games also we had stuff like this:https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-.../dp/B00005TNI8
Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Bookworm
kelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond reputekelliekd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Target had their Dollar Spot stuff 50% off and I was able to pick up a mermaid puzzle thing much like the one you linked. Hopefully it will be a hit! I haven't been able to find dot pens, I assume they are like bingo dappers? I am going to a Dollar Tree later today to see if they have any. I want things that encourage independent play as much as possible, right now she needs constant support with the activities I have tried for her while working with her brother on school stuff. Eye Spy and matching games she insists are group projects only! I was also able to get a stamp set yesterday. We had a dino set so I got a princess M&D set to go with. We have also done a lot of finger print art, but again only as a "group project".
Old 02-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Call me judgmental but some folks are just plain idiotic

My Mood: Balanced
karmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond reputekarmamama has a reputation beyond repute

My kids could play for ages with the little puff balls you can get at the craft store - put them in a dish pan and give them some measuring cups and bowls and they are happy as can be.
Matchbox cars with a little town/road mat.
Playdoh or kinetic sand.
Dish pan filled with soapy water and some small toys, some that float and some that sink.
She might like if you built her a little fort where she could take some stuffies and play. Build her a small incline out of a board or piece of sturdy cardboard and give her a few things that roll.
Pile of fabric scraps to dig through.
Tape a huge piece of butcher paper to the floor for her to color on.
Magnadoodle.
Little bags of dinosaurs, farm animals, fairies, jungle animals, etc. and a basket or bucket with a handle so she can carry them around
Sorting bears (or anything she can sort by size, shape or especially color into cups/bowls of the same color - could use the puff balls from the first idea to keep it cheap).
Pattern blocks, you can get either a big tub for free use or you can get them in a set with designs for her to build on (many are simple enough for a new three year old). Beads to string.
I've seen some lacing cards that are basic enough for a new three.