ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Places to Chat > Hot Buttons

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 08:33 PM
molesting the number 8.
AKA: Banyan Tree Diapers

My Mood: Tired
Dalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apple refuses to unlock phone due to privacy concerns

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/18/te...dino.html?_r=0

The argument by Apple and supporters is that doing this would hurt the privacy if it gets in the wrong hands.
My opinion is that if they can do it, they should. The privacy argument seems like a moot point to me, because I do not see the difference between information on your phone vs your home computer. If you commit a crime, the authorities have a right to look into your computer. It's pretty much standard in this country that you and your property can be searched with a warrant.
This has already been decided by the court, so why is Apple fighting this? Are they against all searches with warrants? Because I don't see the difference.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:12 PM
CALM YOUR TITS!

My Mood: Happy
Katiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond repute

My phone stores private information (banking, etc.) that my home computer doesn't.

I am glad that they aren't doing it, but I am unconvinced that it's for altruistic reasons.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:17 PM
I want my cooter bedazzled.
AKA: ClothDiaperMePlease

My Mood: Breezy
Elle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to think about in this, is that the phone they want to unlock is not the private phone, that phone was crushed. This is a work phone. Also, the programming doesn't currently exist. Writing the code will put it out there and put all users at risk.

I'm happy they are standing their ground. Very happy.
~~~~~~~
*Oh and Apple has given them everything else they have asked for. They just don't believe in hacking into something and never wrote the program to do so.

Last edited by Elle_Emme; 02-19-2016 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 02-19-2016, 10:46 PM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle_Emme View Post
One thing to think about in this, is that the phone they want to unlock is not the private phone, that phone was crushed. This is a work phone. Also, the programming doesn't currently exist. Writing the code will put it out there and put all users at risk.

I'm happy they are standing their ground. Very happy.
~~~~~~~
*Oh and Apple has given them everything else they have asked for. They just don't believe in hacking into something and never wrote the program to do so.

This.
I also agree with Katie that their motives are not altruistic.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:30 PM
I want my cooter bedazzled.
AKA: ClothDiaperMePlease

My Mood: Breezy
Elle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond reputeElle_Emme has a reputation beyond repute

A few facts that get missed in this:

They already have all the phone calls and texts made because those are not stored on the phone itself. They have all email information already. They have a back up of the phone (supplied by Apple) that was just a few weeks old. They were able to get all coworker communications from the coworkers. And the phones they wanted were physically destroyed, and not by Apple.

They aren't asking Apple for cloud info, they already have that, they are asking Apple to write new programming that can't be unwritten and will leak at some point.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:30 AM
can't stop looking at it

My Mood: Cheeky
Rosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond repute

I side with Apple on this one.
Joey-15
Ian-13
Hayden-11
Charlie-7

I'm an intactivist.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 02-20-2016, 04:43 AM
Where's that title fairy?
AKA: Oakanwillow

My Mood: Dreaming
Veggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond reputeVeggiewitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle_Emme View Post
A few facts that get missed in this:

They already have all the phone calls and texts made because those are not stored on the phone itself. They have all email information already. They have a back up of the phone (supplied by Apple) that was just a few weeks old. They were able to get all coworker communications from the coworkers. And the phones they wanted were physically destroyed, and not by Apple.

They aren't asking Apple for cloud info, they already have that, they are asking Apple to write new programming that can't be unwritten and will leak at some point.
This. I agree with Apple on this one, as well.

| Veggiewitch.com | Veggiewitch Blog | Veggiewitch Etsy |

Old 02-22-2016, 02:49 AM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. I think that with a warrant they are entitled to all the information that apple stores and can be requested, or anything that they can hack off the phone themselves, but to legally compell a company to write software to hack their own security is ridiculous. If the goverenment wants that ability, they can bloody well pay for the programmers to write the code and hack the phone themselves.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson
Old 02-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Got Snark?

My Mood: Bookworm
tea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Andrea!

Crunchy Wiccan -

Mom to Liam , 14, Spirit Babies: Dorian (7/31/15), Ninja (6/ 25/16) and Fur-mom to Loki the Bichon and Rocky the Hedgehog. Cautiously expecting Hayden Micah on 4/2/17

Living in North Dakota, where it is colder than Siberia. It really is. Look it up.

What you see is what you get. Progress, not perfection, is what counts
Old 02-22-2016, 04:10 PM
CALM YOUR TITS!

My Mood: Happy
Katiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond reputeKatiebear has a reputation beyond repute

I am all for "do it yourself", but dude. I do not want that software to exist anywhere. I don't trust the government to use it correctly 100% of the time. I don't trust them to not sell it to the highest bidder. I don't trust that it won't end up compromising the security of iPhone users at some point! The government is so far in bed with Big Business that it will be used to exploit the consumer (or by the gov spy agencies) to exploit the consumer. I think apple should always fight the software, even if the gov creates it.