ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Homesteading

Notices

Old 01-26-2016, 01:35 PM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's sad! I've found with rabbits that everything either goes really well OR everything just goes to hell and fast.
They are so susceptible to parasites and it can be hard to diagnose and treat in a timely manner because they are prey animals and really good at hiding things.
Here is the mama
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.3 KB, 14 views)

Old 01-26-2016, 01:40 PM

CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

And our new cows should be arriving on Sunday! We have a bit more work to do in the barn tonight get ready for them. They are a smaller breed, both young and I like to quarantine new animals. So we need to build a pen for that. We hadn't worked in the section of barn we're in now yet, so it was full of junk and Ickiness. We should have it all cleaned out and the new pen built soon.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Better keep your beaver away
AKA: Mom24Babes

Location: Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
My Mood: Cheerful
BeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, those bunnies are so adorable! I don't post much here because we have like 20 chickens and 2 ducks. Oh, and a cockatiel.
I iz a Nobama mama and proud of it!

Wifey to Maggie!

Come visit me at my BLOG!
I post about our family and homeschooling life, and product reviews.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:50 PM

I love looking at chicken pics
What breeds do you have?
I love ducks, in theory, but I hate the mess they make.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Things just aren't equal enough when someone's got a penis.

My Mood: Doh
urchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond reputeurchin_grey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaerRuthryis View Post
Oh that's sad! I've found with rabbits that everything either goes really well OR everything just goes to hell and fast.
They are so susceptible to parasites and it can be hard to diagnose and treat in a timely manner because they are prey animals and really good at hiding things.
Here is the mama
Yeah, birds are the same way and we've had several sick ones that didn't make it for that reason (including two that were sold to us sick). I've only been able to bring one back from an illness and that was one of our tame ones. The wild ones don't get handled so you literally can't tell they're dying until they're a few hours off.

Carly
coffee addict, vegan, youtube binger, LGBTQ advocate, CPST
mom to Bram [12]
wife to Duffy
Also, I sell leggings and stuff.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:54 PM

That's tough. We do what we can though.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Better keep your beaver away
AKA: Mom24Babes

Location: Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
My Mood: Cheerful
BeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBeccatheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm we have Arucaunas, Black Copper Marans, Black Giants, and some French something. Plus a Frizzle maybe,
I iz a Nobama mama and proud of it!

Wifey to Maggie!

Come visit me at my BLOG!
I post about our family and homeschooling life, and product reviews.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:36 PM

I just ordered some black cooper marans. They won't come until May because I had turkeys in my order too. Turkeys only ship May and June. Anyway, I want really pretty eggs!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:58 PM
I smell a batch of fart

My Mood: Blah
otis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond reputeotis has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing to match the anticipation of a baby watch. I swear I get just as excited when the cows are going to freshen as I did when I was pregnant. We have two cows currently bred. And that's it. A dozen chickens roam the yard for the winter and when we put the garden in, they go back to the coop. We have found that letting them free range starting in the fall, it cuts back on the yearly spider invasion and they help keep some weeds down as well. The eggs don't keep up as well, but I like the trade off. I'd rather not burn the house down from spiders.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:08 PM

I love baby watch! My other cows are in with a bull right now, so I will have fall babies too!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:06 PM

We finished the inside of the barn for the new cows. Two are coming Sunday and one is coming Monday. We have to go to NY for that one. My aunt is babysitting, so DH and I get to go by ourselves! I'm excited for new cows and for that!
The same people we are bartering with for the goats have decided to downsize their sheep. They are going to give us some after they decide what they are keeping. I am so excited! I miss my sheep! We need to get some space set up for them first. I don't want to put them in with my goats, at least not right away.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:48 AM
I love q-tips it's unnatural!

My Mood: Energetic
jujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond repute

We have 18 chickens (17 hens and a rooster). Most are now laying. And they are fertile. Now to get an incubator so I can hatch some. Other than that just the dog and a chukar partridge that has made itself at home outside the coop. But I love hearing about your farm!
Old 02-08-2016, 01:37 PM

Miss Miriam
She came to us "pasture exposed" to a bull, but not confirmed bred. I'd be surprised if she isn't. She is due mid June-beginning of August.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.1 KB, 20 views)

Old 02-08-2016, 01:40 PM

Bowie. Bowie is just about 10 months old. She has a sweet personality, but people make her nervous still. Bowie's registered name is Babee, but I think that's a terrible name and I wasn't going to call her that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.5 KB, 18 views)

Old 02-08-2016, 01:45 PM

Nessie
Nessie is about 18 months. She is definitely a boss cow and wants to be in charge. Other than that, she is the tamest of the three. She loves to have her chin scratched and behind her ears rubbed. We will probably breed her in the fall so she calves when she is around 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.5 KB, 17 views)