ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > Middle School (aka The Awkward Times)

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned
AKA: Simply Sanity Creations - B/S/T with Caution - Not allowed to B/S on CDN

My Mood: Busy
Sanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond reputeSanity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMx2 View Post
goodness, on a school bus? who would think that they wouldn't get caught ON A BUS?

Was it his first cig? Was it a friend's that was passed to him? Where on earth did he get it from?
The answers to this will help determine the punishment. I got caught smoking when I was 16. A friend of my step-dad's was bumming to me, since i couldn't buy them (the friend was 26) and my mom only found out because I let it slip to an ex-bf, and he tattled to my mom. She gave me a choice to smoke an entire pack (marlboro reds) or 1 cigar.... In my 16 yr old brain, I chose 1 cigar over 20 cigs (I should have just smoked the cigs) and then just kept on smoking.... Albeit being more careful who I let in on the secret, so I don't recommend THAT method
Old 11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Dreaming
mikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh...I would ground him forever from EVERYTHING, and for now on after school I would be taking him to nursing homes to volunteer with the elderly dying of lung cancer. Maybe seeing what smoking can do to you will scare him straight!
Proud co-finder of the DIAB club
Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

My Mood: Sleepy
Nancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto127 View Post
Ooh...I would ground him forever from EVERYTHING, and for now on after school I would be taking him to nursing homes to volunteer with the elderly dying of lung cancer. Maybe seeing what smoking can do to you will scare him straight!
ooooh That's a good idea!
I homeschool
Old 11-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Alienated
Beth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond reputeBeth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto127 View Post
It's not just the elderly, my mom was 53 when she died of lung cancer.
Nancy. I don't know what the right answer is, but I hope you are able to get him to be honest about it and stop.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 PM

mikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond reputemikoto127 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
It's not just the elderly, my mom was 53 when she died of lung cancer.
Nancy. I don't know what the right answer is, but I hope you are able to get him to be honest about it and stop.
I'm sorry! I lost my grandma to lung cancer, so I know how hard it is.
Proud co-finder of the DIAB club
Old 11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
marinating my nose in poop smell
AKA: kelolsen

My Mood: Cheerful
Shopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond reputeShopaholic has a reputation beyond repute

the fact that he's denying it would make me take him to see the video.

I don't have an 8th grader.. so my advice could be a pile of bunk, but Iv'e seen this work w/ other middle schoolers.

I would "Dr. Phil" his room- empty everything out but his mattress and a change of clothes for the next day.. there'd be no toys (whatever toys an 8th grade boy woudl have), no video games, no phone, no TV, no nothing.. b ooks.He could read books. I'd probably do that for a month so its good and hurtful and raelly really really long and booooring. he'd be home daily. No going out with friends, nothing. I would hope that would sink in that I mean business and I won't take any crap. I'd tell him that you originally planned 2 weeks but added on the extra 2 for lying about it. Id let him slowly earn your trust (and his stuff) back after that.
~~~~~~~
I like the idea of visting those dying of lung cancer! I'm betting they'd have alot to say to him.
Kelly, part time WOH Mom (I'm a preschool librarian and music teacher!), thrift store obsessed, accessory collector, coffee addicted wife to my navy man, Scott, and mom to my 2 boys, Ethan (9) and Lucas (7), and stepmom to Isabella (19).

Last edited by Shopaholic; 11-16-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Sluggish
djbabygirl has a spectacular aura aboutdjbabygirl has a spectacular aura about

It's so hard to know what the right thing is to do. I mean, are there people in the family that smoke or family friends that he has seen doing it so that it seems like something "acceptable" when you are older, and maybe he's just trying to be more "grown-up?" I think you really have to use this as a conversation tool. I know, easier said than done. I'm not saying NO punishment, but I think the punishment should be more for the lying, not the smoking. I know, I can't believe I'm saying it myself. But I think as parents we have to use these kinds of opportunities as a way to open the lines of communication with our kids. Let them know that we still remember what it was like to be their age and to want to experiment and try different things, right or wrong, but that they should be honest with you. If they are curious about something, let them know it's okay to ask you about it. If they do something wrong, they need to know that there will be consequences to their actions, but that those consequences will be more severe if they choose not to be honest. I'm not saying you should be all laid back and act like it's not a big deal, because it is, but I think that if you respond with too tight of a hand it could cause further acts of rebellion. Geesh! Why can't kids come with a manual? We need a "Help and Troubleshooting" section!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:41 PM

My Mood: Breezy
fanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond reputefanciful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I don't know where it came from. He is a very good liar. He still denies it even though i saw the video.
denying it is only lying more. Ugh...good luck with this one mama. Glad they caught it on tape and called you so you can deal with it instead of it flying under the radar for awhile.

Color Co. on Etsy - simple clothes. natural fibers. classic details.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM

My Mood: Sleepy
Nancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond reputeNancy has a reputation beyond repute

He is doing fairly well with his consequences. He hasn't complained "much" so I think he must realize what he did was wrong.
I homeschool
Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Inactive Member
AKA: madebymommy

My Mood: Stressed
Deadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond reputeDeadbeat Daddy has a reputation beyond repute

Nip it in the bud now! I started smoking around his age, and smoked until I became pregnant with my DD at age 22! Quitting is really hard and smoking messes your health up so bad - I haven't smoked in 3 years and I still have ENT problems!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 PM
a little too excited

Mymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond reputeMymy Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiesmommy View Post
Life as he knew it would be OVER. Life would consist of school and home and that is it. No friends over. No TV. No video games. No going outside. NOTHING.
Agreed I would be beyond upset! Sorry for your sons transgressions mama!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Owner/Administrator
Send me chocolate and nobody gets hurt.
Send Mel some too. I like it when she's happy.

My Mood: Stressed
Mom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? This thread is from 2009. There are MUCH newer threads to contribute to.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
I have half a mind

My Mood: Crappy
renogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond reputerenogawj has a reputation beyond repute

cue the zombies

But I'm open to Lovers...... Brown chicken, Brown Cow

Can you help us find Nana's cane? My cousins Nana passed away this year. She lost her hand carved cane in the Baltimore Airport. We are using the POWER of social networking to find it. Please LIKE Find Nana's Cane facebook page and share it! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-N...49016888507498
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 PM
makes me think Vagazzel! in the Shamwow guy voice
AKA: Rannensmom

My Mood: Sad
BeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond repute

I always wonder how many pages one has to go through to get to a thread that far back.

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 AM
I will be going crazy for up to two weeks

maree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond reputemaree9304 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulChaos View Post
I always wonder how many pages one has to go through to get to a thread that far back.
There are only two pages in this section, maybe that's how she came across it.